Lost Egyptian Pyramids Discovered Thanks To Space Age Technology

Badong

May 26, 2010
Would've been better if they discovered space age pyramids with ancient technology.

OT: It's nice to see two very different disciplines working together so smoothly. =)

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Twilight_guy said:
I read the title and immediately though "stargate?"

That's interesting. I wonder what else they can find using those satellites? I'm sure there is more buried treasure then a few pyramids around.
Damn you ninja! You beat me to it! D:

Alright, let's get started on getting a dailing computer build people! Now we just need to find Atlantis and hopefully a old ship deep in space. :D

OT: Jeez, science is just getting crazy these days with what it can do.

IzisviAziria

Nov 9, 2008
I'd really like to contribute something meaningful, but I'm going to have to suffice to say, that this really excites me.

Yay science!

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Should we really uncover a stargate? We don't have SG-1 to kick G'ould ass.

OT: That is really nice. And it is all thanks to SCIENCE!

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Great. Now they can find the keys I lost when I went skiing.

Archaeology is great and all, but I have to wonder if this technology might also be useful for mapping out faultlines better and getting a bigger picture to better predict them. I seem to recall a couple of significant earthquakes occured recently that came from faultlines that nobody knew about.
Or sinkholes.

E-Penguin

Jun 7, 2010
flaviok79 said:
HankMan said:
Now if only we could find the Sphinx's nose.
That was blasted away by Napoleon's troops who were calibrating the sight of a cannon.
No it wasn't. The nose had been missing for centuries when the french arrived.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Damn there was that many lost pyramids and tombs in egypt?

Shame for archaelogists, the job prospects just got a lot narrower with this kinda tech.

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
Oh no! The Go'ald are gonna be pissed that we have found their Earth Base! Whatever Shall We Do?

Who Dares Wins

Dec 26, 2009
Ohh ohhh, do this for the Bosnian pyramids too!

OT: I guess this takes off a lot of effort required to actually find something hidden. When can we expect Atlantis?

Beliyal

Big Stupid Jellyfish
Jun 7, 2010
Frankster said:
Damn there was that many lost pyramids and tombs in egypt?

Shame for archaelogists, the job prospects just got a lot narrower with this kinda tech.
Actually, the jobs widened. Locating things like this manually is a tiresome job (and very expensive at that). With this, there's no more fear of digging in the wrong place; we find the thing with the satellite and archaeologists get to work. Simply finding something is merely 1% percent of all work done in archaeology. There's tons of stuff to be done now that we know there are so many areas to be explored, dug up, documented, presented, etc.

Maraveno said:
Kenjitsuka said:
"It turns out that satellite imagery using infrared technology has been used to detect seventeen lost pyramids, as well as "more than 1,000 tombs and 3,000 ancient settlements"."

Holy moly, that's literally four tons of amazing finds!
Now locate Shan Ghri La and Atlantis, chop chop!
we know where atlantis is . at least the most plausible lost city/island to scale up with what atlantis should be was lost in a caldera in I believe it was greece or turkey
Yes, it's Santorini in Greece. And we don't "know" anything, it's only a theory (and not a really good one, if I may say).

I'm really glad this method for discovering possible archaeological sites was implemented. It's a great thing to do, doesn't devastate the area and it's almost 100% correct in locating a site, so no need for funding failed projects and wasting time. /archaeology student that just got back from digging

Tanfastic

Aug 5, 2009
Protheans! That means our end is coming quickly! But atleast we get to spend our last days with sweet Turian's, Krogan, and hot Asari babes! (Also the occasional Quarian.)

Enrathi

Aug 10, 2009
If no Stargate is discovered, I suggest getting a team together to go bury one anyway. Everyone needs something to brighten their day at the office.