LucasArts Classics Coming to GOG.com - Update

Flatfrog

Dec 29, 2010
Another vote for Day of the Tentacle, which was an absolute masterpiece of puzzling and very funny as well.

(And Captcha seems to agree: 'bated breath' indeed)

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010

Saw this coming, but that still doesn't make it any less magical.

I REALLY hope they get games like 'Yoda Story' and Jedi_Power_Battles and Masters_of_Teräs_Käsi.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Get Curse of Monkey Island (Escape would be nice too) and Full Throttle on there and I'll be all over that shit.
But Sam & Max makes me very happy.
Hatchet90 said:
Grim Fandango? Come on...
I can wait for the remaster. Hopefully it's not too far away.

IndieForever

Jul 4, 2011
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... as if millions of wallets suddenly opened in unison and were emptied.

The only Lucasarts game I could never get my hands on was 'The Dig.' *waves hand* This is the game you're looking for.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
sleeky01 said:
Yep. They'll get my money too. :)

I wonder if it happens to be a big seller developers might finally have another look at genre again. according to Wiki EA has the license to "develop Star Wars games for the core gaming market" So I wonder if it might give them pause to develop something new.
My guess?

Somebody at EA/Disney is keeping an eye on Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen, particularly post-release. They'll be the proving ground both to see what would be expected out of a modern space combat game and whether the market looks big enough for them to take the risk of development.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Tanis said:
I REALLY hope they get games like 'Yoda Story' and Jedi_Power_Battles and Masters_of_Teräs_Käsi.
I doubt Power Battles or Teras Kasi will be released on PC anytime soon since they both were console only (PS1 for Teras Kasi and Dreamcast, GBA, and PS1 for Jedi Power Battles).
Yoda Story, I'd forgotten about that little game... I got it in a bundle and was actually delighted on how entertaining it was... for a Win95 game.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Soviet Heavy said:
Acknowledged. Gamma. 2. Using your target for attack!
"Good-work-Gamma-2-secondary-mission-objectives-complete. The Emperor will be pleased."

Good times, good times...

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Neverhoodian said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Acknowledged. Gamma. 2. Using your target for attack!
"Good-work-Gamma-2-secondary-mission-objectives-complete. The Emperor will be pleased."

Good times, good times...
Best campaign in that game had to be the guerrilla war against Admiral Harkov. You get drawn into a trap in a minefield against two ace pilots, and then out of nowhere the Osprey arrives and pulls a ballsy extraction. Then you spend the rest of the campaign raiding Harkov's shipping and tearing down his Rebel allies.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Sigh...I suppose it's too much to hope for a console port, right? Nuts. Played X-wing to DEATH when I was kid. To. Death.

Hope the rest of you get to enjoy it. It really is an awesome game and by far the closest thing to Star Wars that I have ever played, including the Rogue Squadron games.

MPerce

May 29, 2011
Tie Fighter...?

Tie Fighter!?

TIE FIGHTER!!!!!

My favorite game of all time available for download soon? Life is about to get so awesome.

DeimosMasque

I'm just a Smeg Head
Jun 30, 2010
The hilarious thing is me and my fiancee were watching Return of the Jedi Rifftrax commentary last night and I was telling her how I wish X-Wing and Tie Fighter were on GOG or Steam because I miss playing them so much... and then BOOM! Next day it's announced they are coming.

Happy Day!

Coruh! Corray!

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
This is the first time in years that I've been excited for a new release, damn that's a bad sign. Wallet prepare for impact!!

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
*Looks through the list*
Oh, Sam and Max! Great. I wonder if they'll release Full Throttle. I never played it, so it would be nice. Maybe Grim Fandango too.

*sees KOTOR on the list*
*Jaw drops*
If they'll also add KOTOR 2 and it will have cut content I'll buy it without thinking.

jamail77

May 21, 2011
sleeky01 said:
Now if GoG releases x-wing Alliance as well I wouldn't see the light of day for probably a month. :D
This is why I'm glad I kept my old CD and that my Mom (the CD stays at her place till I'm done with the college life) is too stubborn to get rid of old computers and get new ones.

IndieForever said:
The only Lucasarts game I could never get my hands on was 'The Dig.' *waves hand* This is the game you're looking for.
OH. DEAR. GOD! HOW DARE YOU! You reminded me of that terrible moment when I lost my hands on The Dig. We used to have the game and I had quite a lot of fun playing it. My sister's boyfriend at the time wanted to borrow it and then broke up with her before he was done with it and could give it back. I told my sister I wanted it back, but she said that if I wanted it so badly I could awkwardly confront him because there was no way she was doing it. Of course, I didn't want to awkwardly confront him and the game has remained out of my possession since.

There was a small glimmer of hope when I visited my Dad (My parents are divorced and he lives in another state) and he said he had a copy of the game. This is because, before he left, he made copies of all those old school games he bought for himself and then for us, his kids, once we came into his life. It turned out he accidentally copied Star Wars: Dark Forces onto that disk though, a game we already had back at my Mom's place.

Why did you remind me of this terrible moment in my life? I never even got to finish the game!

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
I hope KOTOR II is part of the catalog. It was frustrating to run it in Windows 7 past the introduction screen. I had to dust off my old laptop with Windows Vista to play it.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Oh yeah. This will mark the 3rd copies of x-w and tie that I've bought over the years... and they were and it will still be totally worth it. Maybe this will convince The Mouse that reviving this series (and seemingly the whole genre) would be a good idea.

But, they need to include the original Dark Forces (the only good one) and Lucasarts greatest shooter of all time, Outlaws. And Outlaws has to include the original soundtrack just like the CD-ROM did. Strangely enough, I've never had much trouble installing Outlaws on any pc. At most it's always been a one-patch or one setting change fix. I still have the CD-ROM (good mood music for a session of Deadlands) I ought to try installing on my latest computer and see if it's still easy. I'm not sure I've tried it on Win7. Surely one of the compatibility modes will run it.