Lucasfilm Hasn't Given up Hope on Star Wars 1313

grigjd3

Mar 4, 2011
Steven Bogos said:
Before you open up your wallets, keep in mind that in this post-LucasArts world, that statement could mean a lot of things. First up, now that LucasArts has been shut down, EA holds an exclusive licence [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123783-Electronic-Arts-Signs-Exclusive-Star-Wars-Game-Deal-With-Disney] to make Star Wars games, so if we did see 1313 revived in its original form, it would be via EA.
Shudder.

tacotrainwreck

Sep 15, 2011
That's fine. They have plenty of time until 1313. Last I heard they were only up to episode 7.

No it's ok. I know where the door is. I'll show myself out.

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
Neverhoodian said:
Man, how many origin stories does Boba need? Even before Episode II came along the old Expanded Universe threw around three or four different possible backstories. All for a guy who spent 90% of the time just standing around, 5% getting his ass whupped by Luke and the remaining 5% becoming a sand vagina's lunch.
Wasn't it Han that whupped his ass? By accident? While half blind no less?

Dead Metal

Feb 7, 2010
Why are so many of you surprised to hear that it was a Boba Fett Origin story? That was literally the game's main selling point, the first thing they said about it. Heck, most complaints I heard back when it got killed was because people were looking forward to playing as Boba Fett in his own game.
And I'm still meh on this, Boba was even less of a character than the Transformers in the movies. Heck, seriously, the only thing Boba Fett did was stand around and then die. He couldn't even do his job of hunting and capturing bounties, he needed Darth Vader to do that for him. All that armor and weapons, and yet still he couldn't capture a smuggler armed with a pistol.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Gatx said:
Ukomba said:
I don't really want an EA developed Star Wars 1313. If they could give it to the old Bioware (ME 1/2) team I'd be all over it.

But when did it become a Boba Fett story? It had looked like a Kyle Katarn like Original Character. :( Hearing it's a Boba Fett story is just depressing.
Supposedly the characters you see in the demo were just placeholders, like that original video demoing force powers that eventually evolved into Force Unleashed.

Which is a shame. It seems like a lot of the new EU is focused on existing characters like the Vader, Leia and Lando comics. I don't care about Boba Fett or Darth Maul, I want to see new stories with original characters. It's a big universe after all.
That's really too bad. A lot of my excitement about the game had been because of the character. I know Fett is pretty much an empty slate now in the DU, but he's still not that interesting a character, just iconic. EA on top of that :/ such a shame.

Caffiene

Jul 21, 2010
Add me to the group of "Boba Fett? Oh... dont bother then."

The talk back then actually sounded like it could be something new and interesting and separate instead of just fanboying over the originals. Silly us. Of course it has to be about one of the same few characters, and/or the Jedi. God forbid you have a major title in a property that expands it instead of riding it into the ground with repetition.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
gmaverick019 said:
Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy says her company is spending quite a lot of time looking over 1313 assets, with the possibility of bringing the game back from the dead.

"Our attitude [to Star Wars 1313] is, we don't want to throw any of that stuff away. It's gold. And it's something we're spending a lot of time looking at, pouring through, discussing, and we may very well develop those things further. We definitely want to," Kaennedy told Slashfilm.
wtf, they couldn't have done this with battlefront 3?!?!? there was already *legit* alpha footage of a working game, god dammit.

as others, now that I'm seeing this be a boba fett game, I've lost alot of interest..
I'm still salty over the loss of Free Radical's Battlefront 3, it was going to be awesome... But instead it got cancelled for no real good reason when it was around 90% done according to the developers, a real shame, simultaneous space and ground battles that interacted with each other was certainly an interesting concept I would have liked to see, plus Free Radical was awesome.