Luckiest moment in a game

Abercromby3

Mar 12, 2008
Definately a moment in halo3 matchmaking. I was in the broken open small missile bunker in the middle of High Ground, and i randomly threw a spike grenade out of the slit windows. It flew all the way down the map into the shallows of the sea, and stuck the guy that was carrying the bomb, so i got 'killed the bomb carrier' and 'stick' medals and i was like SERIOUSLY WTF??!!1.
u can find my theater video of it here, and i suggest u check it out cuz its awesome, turns out i stuck him ON the bomb!!

http://www.bungie.net/forums/posts.aspx?h3fileid=29347121

Grampy_bone

Mar 12, 2008
My luckiest shot ever was in X-Com.

It was a terrorize map, and I mostly had everything under control, when I spotted a snake alien going into a building. Since chasing him in there would generally mean death, I took aim at random outside the building with a three-shot burst. I had no idea where the alien was, my goal was simply to destroy the wall of the building and remove his cover.

So the first shot hits a fence and destroys it. The second shot goes in the same direction (those burst shots were quite inaccurate, so this alone was amazing) and breaks the wall, the third shot goes in the same direction as the first two and hits the alien, killing it.

Totally random shot in the dark. Here's hoping irrational does X-com justice.

LCM

Mar 27, 2008
Red Alert A Path Beyond(it's free http://www.apathbeyond.com/ =) snuck with a shock trooper up into the Allied War Factory to see 2 demo trucks killing them blowing up most of the base.
Thank God for newbs/n00bs.

MRMIdAS2k

Apr 23, 2008
Halo 3 - Snowbound.

Theres some dude in the ghost near the shotty shield, I lobbed a sticky from the splazer base, it skids along the Brute-shot roof, plops off, and lands right on his wing.

RA2-YR
this guy got a tanya into my base and is heading for my conyard, he's about a pixel away when *PINK* she dies, i'm like WTF?

Then I realise, I've left a sniper IFV in some bushes, forgotten about it, and she's wandered into his range. I went on to win too.

LV Solace

May 8, 2008
well my best would have to be chrono trigger, maybe ten years ago. I'm facing oneof the early but broken bosses IMO, The first Magus encounter. he had killed off Crono, and Lucca, frog was left with complete jack shit for health and maybe twenty mana left.

I get off one spell and of cource that stupid changing spell resit thing he does. anyway he hits me with one of his doom attacks that are too strong, and wipes me down to one health, and changes his spell weakness to water, and I amable to barely beat him with frogs crap water attack.

Strafe Mcgee

Jan 25, 2008
Pokemon Red. Having wasted my Super Uber Mega Ball (or whatever the best one was called) I found myself having to try and capture mewtwo with regular pokeballs. The only way you can do this is by getting him down to one hp. Which is pretty tough, considering that not only does he have healing powers but get it wrong and you kill him. I used up about 30 ultra balls trying to do this.

Having tried this for hours I was getting fed up and decided to just blast him when I went in. Used my strongest pokemon, I hit him, get his health down to about 10, and he got poisoned. His health dropped to one and I got him.

And all the kids at school told me it was impossible :)

Espics

May 7, 2008
fire emblem radiant dawn just this week

tibarn couldnt take another hit and comp had 1 more unit to attack with - a wind mage to make things worse. i had as 1% chance of avoiding the attack and i fucking did as well lol

PaulLAD

May 23, 2008
COD4 on veteran, theres a bit of "The hunted" level that is a pisstake

i was dead far on the hardest bit of the game and i got into the barn and there was an enemy who killed me and a split second before i died, CHECKPOINT!

Motherffuckkkeerr! :D

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
My luckiest moment would most likely be in COD4, Mile High Club on Veteran. It took about 2 days, but the thing was, if I ever made it to the hostage situation, I'd end up shooting the hostage. So, with all my luck, I'd managed to hold back my trigger, and not shoot the guy once. That was great, finishing it.

Oh, and getting a 10x Killing Spree (forgot it's name) in Halo 3 online.

Fronken

May 10, 2008
x434343 said:
OOO

Call of Duty 2. Scoped Lee Einfield, El Alamein. No Aiming down sights. Random shot. Headshot across the map.

Or Assassin's Creed. I get to that one target that hides on a boat. Assassinate him on accident.
i did the same in AC only with the guy who was supervising the book burnings around town, i climb up a wall, jump over to the next building, and makes a leap for it aiming for the closest guard planning to do an air to land assassination, what i didnt know was that was my target, he looked kinda like the guards, i was kinda happy after that :)

Divinegon

Dec 12, 2007
Pretty much most of my lucky moments were those "Ultra Hard Bosses that got you at 1 HP and Paralyzed so they get an extra turn but for some reason, they miss and you are free to heal yourself and get back into the fight" in RPG games.

Sadly, 'tis one of those things I know I have better moments but just can't recollect them.

erikvduyn

The worst at Linux
Apr 2, 2008
rightwingisgood said:
Assassins Creed. I got separated from my target but thankfully when the streets joined up I rammed straight into his side and got my hidden knife in his neck.
lemme guess, the book burner one?

new luckiest moment: 24 peeps on 2Fort, me as a sniper. Sitting on the battlements being a generally unlikable fuckbend, something suddenly rocketjumps onto the battlements. i get spooked, fire a shot and find a dead demoman lying next to me.

AsbestosKidney

Dec 5, 2007
I played a game of CoD 4 where I in sheer random panic threw a grenade in the general direction of the enemy... it flew through an open window into a small building and got me 6 kills at once. Apparently they'd been building a camp in there...

Also, a few times in the Total War games when the enemy general was incinerated at the very beginning of a battle by a fiery catapult projectile. Mind you, I once had my own general placed right in front of a catapult which misfired straight at the ground in front of it... My general died and minutes later half my army was in full flight

Zekko5

Apr 30, 2008
CoD 4 multiplayer, Countdown map, 6v6 search & destroy game.
I sprinted to one of the far buildings from my spawnpoint and noticed by the time I got there all of my teammates were already dead and they had a UAV and a helicopter up. There was a pile of boxes in each corner with one opening in the middle so I planted one claymore on each corner of the opening, grabbed my trusty MP5 and braced for impact...

The pesky thing was that with my teammates down so quickly and them knowing my location they sprinted towards me and arrived at practically the same time. The first guy came in from the side door, which I was mindful to keep directly in my line of fire, so I took him down relatively easily. Then one came through the front opening and another one from the side door at once. The guy from the main opening was visible to me slightly sooner so I took him down, but the other guy was too far by the time I got him and I had too little ammo in my clip left for a charge around the corner, so I ducked and waited so I could ambush him as he would come round the corner. Apparently I hit him while I was spraying the other guy, because both of my claymores took him out. Knowing I didn't have time to reload, I grabbed the P90 he dropped, which had a full clip and would last longer than the MP5's clip. In the meantime the remaining 3 enemies had come close to the boxes without my knowledge. Luckily, the first one thought I was behind the other pile of boxes and turned round the wrong way, so I immediately decorated his back with lead. I was stupid enough not to aim down the sight, so I wasted half the clip on him (that's 25 bullets). I grabbed his weapon for another full clip and just started shooting, not even looking at what kind of weapon it was because the second dude already had his trigger down on me. I was heavily hit but took him down. The last guy was right in front of me by that time, but my clip was empty. I knew all the weapons lying around had empty or almost empty clips, so I took the only option to sprint for the finish and knife him, which I did! I don't think he ever started shooting at me, because one bullet would probably have killed me.
In the chaos I threw my mouse upwards as I knifed him, presenting all my spectators with a nice view of the ceiling with an overlay of the final score, accentuated with a nice flashing red ring around the edges of the screen. Zekko: 6-0

Everybody went like "wtf hacker" in the chat, and I was on Ventrilo at the time so the guy on vent who was in the server with me was going like "WHAT THE FUCK?!" the whole time xD
I wish I was recording that...

'twas the PC version of CoD 4, btw.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
Luckiest as in "survived by divine intervention": Killing a spy attempting to backstab me by rocketjumping in 2fort.

Luckiest as in "the odd of this happening are smaller then the odds of winning the lottery": Messing up a sniper shot in c&c renegade, hitting a stealthed blackhand from the other side of the map instead.

ShadeOfRed

Jan 20, 2008
I was playing Starcraft with my friends, and my Korean friend was about to waste us. He disconnected RIGHT before he attacked.

Or in Halo 3, I was playing Shotty Snipers and I missed my target because I can't snipe for crap, but hit the explosive barrels behind him as I fell of the ledge I was standing on.

Thanq

Feb 7, 2008
Shot like 6 guards in a row with a single sniper rifle shot (my last)by headshot in Hitman 2. I killed them all and, though it was just a fluke, i actually shouted "OWNED!" in a room full of people. I went on to die to this computer programmer with a crappy pistol or something of that ilk that level... good while it lasted though.