Luigi Commandeers Chicago Train

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Luigi Commandeers Chicago Train

I hear they do good pizza in Chicago.

"Good morning, everybody, it's me," Mario's brother Luigi Tweets, and thus a day of green goodness began on the Chicago L train. The train itself is still there - and will be until September 8th - but Luigi was only in the Windy City for a few hours. In that time he went Twitter-crazy, posting pictures and gibbering like a man gone mushroom mad - the best kind of pizza topping, next to jalapenos - cheerfully posting snapshots of his tour of the city.

[gallery=1689]

Note the coy Year of Luigi [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/trailers/7480-New-Super-Luigi-U-E3-Trailer], in case you hadn't already guessed.

Were you on the L train yesterday, when Luigi was aboard? Pics, or it didn't happen.

Source: Nintendo of America [https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica]

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
I have to say, I like Nintendo's approach to marketing recently.
Since I bought myself a Wii U yesterday, it's coming in the mail tomorrow, I'm planning on getting this game.
Plus, having Luigi as the ambassador is nice.

Only way the train could have been better is if it had the middle car have a picture of this:

And then if the back car was this:

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
What kind of pizza was that in pic 3? Where are the toppings, where's the cheese? D:

Neronium said:
snip for sanity
My mind; what have you done? D:

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Teoes said:
What kind of pizza was that in pic 3? Where are the toppings, where's the cheese? D:

Neronium said:
snip for sanity
Deep dish it seems. The cheese is under the tomato sauce I had one a few days ago and it was great.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Teoes said:

Neronium said:
snip for sanity
It's Chicago style deep dish, and judging by the box it might be Giordano's Stuffed Pizza. They basically throw in the toppings and cheese, put a thin crust on top of that, then put ANOTHER layer of toppings and cheese, finishing with the sauce on top. One slice can fill most people up.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Aiddon said:
It's Chicago style deep dish, and judging by the box it might be Giordano's Stuffed Pizza. They basically throw in the toppings and cheese, put a thin crust on top of that, then put ANOTHER layer of toppings and cheese, finishing with the crust on top. One slice can fill most people up.
Oh hey that actually sounds pretty damn awesome. Remind me to take a trip to Chicago some day.

recurve6

Jan 8, 2011
Teoes said:
Aiddon said:
It's Chicago style deep dish, and judging by the box it might be Giordano's Stuffed Pizza. They basically throw in the toppings and cheese, put a thin crust on top of that, then put ANOTHER layer of toppings and cheese, finishing with the crust on top. One slice can fill most people up.
Oh hey that actually sounds pretty damn awesome. Remind me to take a trip to Chicago some day.
Chicago deep dish is quite legendary around here, for good reason.

OT: It should have been Brooklyn, I mean that's where he's from, right?