Lulz Sec disbands

ratman995

Nov 30, 2009
According to a bbc news report the Lulz sec group has finally given up due to "50 days being up" So what do you think? Do you think there will be still attacks in the same way?
It does say they haven't caught any of the members, so it's not a victory for the governments really

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Already a thread on it, cannot be assed to fetch a link.

Thought: They're leaving with their spoils, without spending too much time in the limelight. Well played and good-bye.

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
From what I heard they were in retreat from other hacking groups going after them. If they do things I think it won't be as much in the spotlight as it was before.

Scabadus

Wrote Some Words
Jul 16, 2009
I suspect this means that the man arrested last week, Ryan Cleary, was indeed associated with Lulzsec. Even if he wasn't part of their 'in-group' I believe that he was the one writing the scrits they used and providing them with the botnet for their DDoS attacks, meaning they suddenly can't do anything anymore.

It's a shame that only one person was arrested, and at that it wasn't even the guys who were actually causing all the harm, but at least without the programmer it'll take a while for another group to rise up and replace Lulzsec.