M.2 drive missing

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Ok, so I'm kinda at a loss here. I had to swap out my motherboard for a new one. (old one was asus and I have a 7800x3d cpu) The new board is an msix670e and initially it detected both of my m.2 drives in the bios, but after getting the other sata drives and gpu hooked up, it seems to have vanished and I can't get it to show up in the bios, so it won't show up in windows. I've tried it on 4 of the m.2 slots and nothing, tried resetting the bios and nothing, tried booting from the other m.2 drive (Despite my actual os being on a sata drive) and nothing, moved the m.2 to another machine and it was detected fine. Does anyone know of any bios setting this could be or something? Cause I'm running out of ideas.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Ok, so I'm kinda at a loss here. I had to swap out my motherboard for a new one. (old one was asus and I have a 7800x3d cpu) The new board is an msix670e and initially it detected both of my m.2 drives in the bios, but after getting the other sata drives and gpu hooked up, it seems to have vanished and I can't get it to show up in the bios, so it won't show up in windows. I've tried it on 4 of the m.2 slots and nothing, tried resetting the bios and nothing, tried booting from the other m.2 drive (Despite my actual os being on a sata drive) and nothing, moved the m.2 to another machine and it was detected fine. Does anyone know of any bios setting this could be or something? Cause I'm running out of ideas.
Are you running the drives in RAID 1 configuration? If you are maybe there's a setting in the BIOS that is set up not to show redundant drives?

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Are you running the drives in RAID 1 configuration? If you are maybe there's a setting in the BIOS that is set up not to show redundant drives?
Nah, just using them as normal drives.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Well, I got it working. I'm not really sure how, put it in the top M.2 slot and moved that drive down and it kinda works, but it disappeared, I got it to show up again and now it seems stable, but.... well, we shall see.

Reactions: gorfias

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Well, I got it working. I'm not really sure how, put it in the top M.2 slot and moved that drive down and it kinda works, but it disappeared, I got it to show up again and now it seems stable, but.... well, we shall see.
The intermittent behaviour is odd, and when I first read it my assumption was that you'd used up all the PCIe lanes once the GPU had been installed.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
The intermittent behaviour is odd, and when I first read it my assumption was that you'd used up all the PCIe lanes once the GPU had been installed.
Yeah, I was kinda thinking that too, but initially I thought it had worked with everything connected before I had to do something and it vanished.

Reactions: gorfias