Mad Catz CEO and Chairman Resign

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Mad Catz CEO and Chairman Resign

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/57/57939.jpg
Gaming peripheral maker and Rock Band 4 publisher Mad Catz has just had quite the executive shake-up.

Something seems to be going on over at Rock Band [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/mad%20catz?os=%20mad%20catz] franchise. Just a day before the company's earnings call, Chairman Thomas Brown, President and CEO Darren Richardson, and Senior VP Whitney Peterson have all tendered their resignations.

The company has scrambled to fill the gaps, quickly naming director John Nyholt as the new Chairman, and CFO Karen McGinnis as the new President and CEO.

"Looking ahead, we are confident that we have a talented leadership team in place that will enable us to steer the Company on a steady course in its operations and financial performance as we look to grow our business and reward our shareholders," McGinnis said in a statement [http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02/08/rock-band-4-publisher-mad-catz-ceo-and-chairman-have-resigned].

Mad Catz stocks have taken a dive [https://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSEMKT%3AMCZ&ei=NOq4VrG5O8nBe-iwiZAN] on the heels of the shake-up.

Source: IGN [http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02/08/rock-band-4-publisher-mad-catz-ceo-and-chairman-have-resigned]

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
The folks who built up a name for themselves making quality fight sticks
Also for being the company that always made "that controler you got as a cheap second player option, but has a button you have to push really hard for it to register, a trigger that sometimes doesn't work, and a right thumb stick that jitters if you let go of it."

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
i never knew they made flight sticks,
I always have known them from shitty controllers, with a turbo button.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Steven Bogos said:
Just a day before the company's earnings call, Chairman Thomas Brown, President and CEO Darren Richardson, and Senior VP Whitney Peterson have all tendered their resignations.
Ahhh... Perhaps it would be a good time to divest oneself of Mad Catz stock, if one has any...?

Monk5127

All Hail Space Duck
Sep 6, 2014
direkiller said:
They bought Saitek back in 2007 and have been releasing sticks under that name, pretty good ones actually. My X55 Rhino is brilliant!

Although I too have had a few shitty Playstation 2 pads from them.

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
direkiller said:
They took over Saitek, who was known for their flight sticks and HOTAS setups, like the X52, which is the most recommended HOTAS for Elite Dangerous.

EndlessSporadic

May 20, 2009
Bought a RAT7 and for the most part regret my decision. It feels nice and bulky but it is overall really cheap. The sensor was constantly failing and it had a lot of friction. I went through 3 of them before giving up on the brand. While I feel bad for the people this move affects I can't say this is a bad thing.

DocImpossible452

Feb 19, 2014
They also made Gamecube memory cards notorious for getting stuck in Wii slots. Had to disassemble the console to get it out without breaking things. Good riddance.

Oh, I guess their fight pads are great, sorry for your loss, fighting gamer friends. T_T

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Well colour me intrigued as to why all CEO/CFOs etc would resign simultaniously. Wonder if there will be a fraud or money laundering case appearing soon. Or a sudden, inexplicable debt that crashes the company. Or a body or two found under their office site identified as some local missing hookers.
I did own a 360 pink Madcatz controller once. Was the loudest, clickiest controller i ever owned.

tacotrainwreck

Sep 15, 2011
Corporate schmuck move #659. Bad sign for shareholders, but little for the end user. As long as Harmonix keeps supporting RB4, we're good. Gotta keep beating those fake drums! :)

JayRPG

Oct 25, 2012
EndlessSporadic said:
Bought a RAT7 and for the most part regret my decision. It feels nice and bulky but it is overall really cheap. The sensor was constantly failing and it had a lot of friction. I went through 3 of them before giving up on the brand. While I feel bad for the people this move affects I can't say this is a bad thing.
Literally the exact same thing happened to me.

I got a RAT7 MMO mouse and it was amazing as far as the feel and features, it was the most comfortable mouse I'd ever used.

The first one I got was DOA though, just didn't turn on or get recognized by the computer at all, I RMA'd it and got another.
After one week of use the cursor would constantly jump to random points on the screen, I RMA'd it and was sent a brand new one.
The third one lasted three weeks before the laser just died, computer still detected the mouse, no red light coming from the bottom; I just got the retailer to replace it with a roccat tyon which has been going strong for almost a year now.

It was the second bad experience I've had with Madcatz, the first was a few years ago after they took over Saitek and I bought a Saitek Cyborg keyboard, it arrived DOA (a whole portion of the keys were unresponsive, about 1/4) and they made me pay the return shipping for the refund which was stupidly expensive because of the size. I didn't even get a response at all from anyone at madcatz, despite me sending several messages to several different support email addresses/support forms.