Mad Max Gameplay Trailer Scavenges The Hostile Wasteland

Willy Rogers

Aug 20, 2014
Ogoid said:
Speaking as a life-long Max fan...

I like the way it looks, for the most part. Max could look a bit more like Mel, and either that photo on his dashboard isn't his actual family, or Sprog has been aged a couple of years and gender-swapped; but then, considering as far as I understand the game takes place in some generic wasteland (not necessarily Australia), I'm willing to take this as a "alternate universe" sort of deal.

The can of Dinky-Di was a really nice touch, though.
I guess the devs have said it would be a standalone setting? Anyhoo I do like the look of this game and considering the only other mad max game I have is outlander on my genesis i'll take it, it's a pity they canceled the 360 and ps3 versions though. As for that picture, it's probably a placeholder,maybe they couldn't get the actresses likeness? But given the whole non-aussie Max thing from a year back I get the sneaking suspicion they don't really get the movie.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I'm getting a Rage vibe again. That isn't a good thing. Everything sounds solid on paper, but it may get tedious when you just want to progress the story, yet you have to run around and kick gas cans for an hour trying to find some fuel. I'll be waiting for reviews before buying or getting excited for this one.

Itchi_da_killa

Jun 5, 2012
I'm interested.

The developers are the Avalanche guys... the people behind the Just Cause games. haven't played them myself, but I hear from very reliable sources that those are pretty damned good games; part 2 in particular.

The publisher is WB. Hopefully they will let the developers actually work out the game and not rush them...or get involved too much. They let Rocksteady have breathing room with the Arkham games, maybe they will let Avalanche do the same.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
CardinalPiggles said:
Oh look, it's Nathan Drake. Is Nolan North going to be voice acting as well?

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
Puts me to mind of Tomb Raider (2013). Not a bad thing by any means but I just hope the story is a little longer.