Madden NFL 12's (Doomed) Cover Star Determined

FaithorFire

Mar 14, 2010
Maybe Hillis will luck out, and the Denver Broncos will bear the next Madden Curse (or former coach Josh McDaniels) for the absurdly stupid way the Broncos handled Hillis. He was essentially traded for a clipboard stand with a pretty face. And it turned out the 1 player the Broncos desperately needed on offense was the Probowl player we gave away.
Josh McDaniels deserves the curse

CheckD3

Dec 9, 2009
As a Cleveland fan, we're just proud to have someone from Cleveland put into the spotlight for staying in Cleveland.

Plus, this is Cleveland, we're already cursed. The Drive, the Fumble, Red Right 88. I figure that since things are backwards in Cleveland, a Madden Curse equates to a record shattering season, along with Super Bowl MVP

We're crazy in Cleveland, but you know what, we have something to be proud of finally

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
DragonLord Seth said:
At least Vick didn't get it!
I agree 100% with MovieBob.
Why? He's served his time in prison, he payed his debt to society and now he's just trying to do his job. The whole point of the vote was to see who fans believed did the best last season. I don't condone what he did, but what Bob doesn't understand is that Vick was punished for his crime, he should not be banned from the cover just because of something he has already been punished for.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
Cleveland must never have heard of the Madden curse.
Our options were another terrible season or seeing our uniform on the cover of a video game for a year.

Hillis was not going to bring us a Superbowl. Probably won't even bring us a playoff spot.

RowdyRodimus

Apr 24, 2010
Cliff_m85 said:
I graduated High School with the dude. Seriously. Conway High 2004.
Nice to see another Arkansan on the site. If Nutt hadn't had such a hard on for Jones and Mustaine the Razorbacks could've done something.

Blazenwizard

Mar 17, 2010
HankMan said:
I didn't know Vick had already won. I think they should just break his leg again any way >(
smh were they your dogs? the man did his time and led Philly through an exciting season...also helped lead me to many victories in madden so he is greatness and you are a mere HATER!

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Aww... I voted for Vick. Dogs or no dogs, he had an amazing year and a great career.

RedRussian

Jun 7, 2010
Sir John the Net Knight said:
Grabbin Keelz said:
I think Movie Bob actually made a difference on this one.
I already explained how Hillis won. It was the City of Cleveland that got him the honor, dubious though it may be.

The only person that really cares about Moviebob is...Moviebob.
Pretty much that. Bob didn't have anything to do with it.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
DragonLord Seth said:
Really? The man served his time, had a hell of a season, and he shouldn't get it because...?

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
DragonLord Seth said:
Really? The man served his time, had a hell of a season, and he shouldn't get it because...?
Because he already got it before, like Vick himself said. I'd say it's time for someone else to "hold the curse". He did his time in jail, but he also did his time on a Madden game already, so I'm all for the torch passing to someone else.

Rienen

Mar 28, 2011
Aaron Rodgers, doing his belt pose, would've been an awesome cover. My second choice would've been Danny Woodhead, basically just for laughs. After those two though, I was fine with whomever the "popular" vote chose.

steeple

Death by tray it shall be
Dec 2, 2008
good, he earned it...

payton hillis was the brown's running game, and probabely their offence the last year, so Im glad with this outcome...

SilentHunter7

Nov 21, 2007
Tom Goldman said:
Hillis fans mounted a surprisingly successful campaign to put him on the cover, causing him to upset various other NFL stars on his way up. Cleveland must never have heard of the Madden curse.
Considering they haven't made the Playoffs since 2002, they probably just don't care. I mean, how much worse can it get?