Made a minecraft server:( Alll alone!!!!!!!!!

Heracles

Jul 14, 2009
you posted the wrong IP to get others to connect. try google'ing 'my ip' and that will give you your external ip others can connect to. also, you need to open port 25565.

Tim_Buoy

Jul 7, 2010
theloneassassin said:
Hey i just made a minecraft server with basically nothing changed, just basic survival and im looking for someone to play with! none of my friends have the game :( the ip is
192.168.1.101:25565
Join if u want, i am in a giant cave system and need some friends to help me mine this giant thing out!!
sure ill play ill be on in acouple of hours

blackwind14

Aug 31, 2008
Yeah, as has been said before, you've given us your local network address. You need to give us your external IP - Try http://www.ip-adress.com/
After that, you'll probably have to open up port 25565 on your router, grabbing the simple port forwarding tool from http://www.simpleportforwarding.com/ will make it easy, simply download it and follow the checklist the program gives.

Have fun!

blackwind14

Aug 31, 2008
theloneassassin said:
The problem being was my ram overloaded and blue screened me for some reason.. i have 8 gigs of it idk wtf lol
Yeah, the minecraft server backend code ain't exactly fabulous. You'll probably want to limit the amount of players something drastic.

Or run debian. I hear it runs smoother on debian.

HontooNoNeko

No more parties?
Nov 29, 2009
Anyone else keep getting disconnected every few minutes and suffering from major lag? Could just be me though not sure.

theloneassassin

Jan 1, 2011
Minecraft is basically down... not much i can do! sorry, trying to fix but site and minecraft.net is down for some odd reason

theloneassassin

Jan 1, 2011
its because of minecraft being down and the servers are being weird... idk what the hell it is but go to the minecraft website and see