Madness Returns Promises To Be "More Menacing Than Ever"

SilentP

Jun 2, 2011
I'm cautiously optimistic as well. I enjoyed the first one, though I didn't manage to complete it. The combat video shown on this site seemed 'kinda' bland/generic, though it was only short, and to be honest, it's the puzzles and setting/story that'll sell it.

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
I don't care if it does turn out to be the next HAZE, I'll buy it, and love it, because it's Mcgee's apology for Bad Day LA.

Feb 13, 2008
OutrageousEmu said:
Very well, you asked for it.
I think this is an extremely interesting review.

Not just that it's the first review that anyone has done - but that it's broadcast across the web as "First Playstation review Slams Alice". In fact, only one site that I saw didn't use the word "Slam".

The reviewer also complains about things that are de rigeur for that form of game.

And heaven forbid you'd have to use "manual" aim.

I suspect this is an attempt by them to go viral; even for a game as "bad" as Homefront, 5 out of 10 is a slap-down score. Not a proper review.

Even if you're going to "Slam" something, you at least mention positives. "Didn't live up to the trailer" would surely have been the first thing to write?

And finally, the grammar on the review is appalling: Verbose, purple and uninformative.

Feb 13, 2008
OutrageousEmu said:
You do get that this is an extract - there was more to the review, right? Its not like they just had a one paragraph writeup.
Oh yes, the same paragraph that everyone is posting as "The Slam".

But you'd have to buy the magazine to see more...surprisingly. And people seem to be distancing themselves over whether this is just for the PS3 version or the PC.

Curiouser and curiouser...

Alucard788

May 1, 2011
I'm also impressed that they didn't give Alice gigantic bouncy jubblies. Like what they do for most resurrections of old game franchises. I'm actually shocked that shes in something that covers her entire body. o_O

Could it be? ...Art over crass titillation?

Yay!

Genixma

Sep 22, 2009
I know that Extra Credits said Games aren't all about graphics and everything but I have to say...absolutely gorgeous.

Migs

Oct 13, 2010
I'll buy on release day if it includes the first Alice game. If not, I can wait.
Pre-ordering will just gain me a poster anyway, so meh.

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
I really didn't care about one person's reaction toward the video demo, and I can see why the dev decides to show "platforming" in particular; because they want the original fans to have faith in them being faithful to the first game, where platforming is a big part of the game, and that they really made this more challenging than before.

I've already pre ordered it, my mind is made, I don't really know about the "re-mastered" original game, but I'd want that...

I was kinda sad for few things i saw in the vid demo, and the interviews... they've ALREADY showcased all 4 weapons, and i couldn't find any others that they haven't showcased yet; are those it? i hope not, that'd be shallow. I hope the dev actually haven't show use the ten other weapons that's in the game, and more movement features other than "butterfly dodge", perhaps, a "cyclone thrust stab"? Are the bunny bomb, and cannon hammer in the game? are there more? what about my old favorite; Diabolical Dice?

And what's up with all the DLC clothings? I didn't want this game to be a "pay and dress me up" game, if there are cool extra dresses/skins/models, they should be for the pre order faithful costumers! or free, if you don't "used" your game...

If EA is smart, they should REALLY think about a tactic against "used game sales", with free DLC for first time owners, that comes out later in the year, like... say... July (just because it's one month after release, anything to keep the game in owner's hand longer...), October (Halloween? costume pack? DLC monster? extra nightmare mission packs? like... nightmare prequel?), and maybe December(nightmare b4 Christmas? mission/costume? to seal the deal, that people are still going to keep heir game even till Christmas, so no "used" Alice will be on the shelf even for Christmas...), because Gamestop is evil, and they should never get their ways!~

(better, extra chapters that comes out as a mini trilogy, comes out on the 3 dates I just described, and FREE for first time owners (only available if you are first time owner?)!!! and it will tie up all the loose ends of all the plots... prequel or sequel, either way is fine.)