Mafia III Locked to 30 FPS on PC, 60 FPS Patch Coming Soon

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Vern said:
Breaking news: People can be upset about more than one thing at a time! When you pay $60 for a sub-par game, then I think you're entitled to complain about it on a website devoted to video games. And it serves a valid function for other consumers looking to purchase this game.
Well to be fair I didn't buy the game. I just saw some gameplay footage on Twitch and I was appalled. But still, I get to complain about it on a website dedicated to games. There's nothing wrong with that.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
enginieri said:
Veldie said:
fps is pointless.
30 fps constant and with minimal control lag is tolerable, even enjoyable for most people... but many many pc gamers are
suffering stuttering/hitching AND sluggish control with mouse and kb in this game so consider yourself lucky.
Im a PC gamer still not seeing any issues at 30fps and its been playing fine and if your keyboard and mouse is so blah atm switch it up to controller til a patch or mod is made. It plays well on it. My only real complaint is how easy the damn game is even on hard AI is some of the worst.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Vern said:
Xsjadoblayde said:
Woah! Easy there, sonny jim, you don't think that's a bit too trivial issue to lose your shit over? We get it, you're a big gamer man now who don't need no one telling him how to game. But honestly, is there really no other worry in your life right now than how much a specific videogame decides to inform you of its' details? I can only envy a life that comforting.
Breaking news: People can be upset about more than one thing at a time! When you pay $60 for a sub-par game, then I think you're entitled to complain about it on a website devoted to video games. And it serves a valid function for other consumers looking to purchase this game.

I was interested in buying it on PC, but I've heard enough negatives about it that I'm going to wait and see if it gets fixed. 30FPS on PC is not acceptable to me, having giant blurbs on screen telling me I did something right doesn't appeal to me. I'm fine with 30FPS on consoles, on PC I expect to be able to get 60FPS. But one of the most irritating things to come out of the last console generation is the obnoxious "Achievement unlocked: You opened a door!" notifications. It's irritating.

I do have more important things to worry about in life, but when one of my supposed forms of relaxation irritates the hell out of me, I think it's fair game to complain about it on a website devoted to said subjects.
Annnd this site of game stuff allows me to complain about complaining, in turn, allowing you to complain about me complaining about complaining...le free speech at its' best, sweet bretheren! And having multiple worries should allow easier comparison and prioritising of said worries. They're right there all next to each other in a big worry soup. But gaming is a straight up reward pathway rider. Anyhow, I assume the overwhelming passion, it was all for flavour... exaggerated, I hope so at least. But if you look at what people post on metacritic, I doesn't shine a glowing light on anonymous internet posters.