Magic 2014 - Duels of the Planeswalkers Leaps to Android

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
Baldr said:
Falterfire said:
The Planeswalkers in the title refers to the players, not the card type. A Planeswalker is You is the whole concept behind MtG in the first place after all.

I'm guessing still no actual card 'Walkers, unfortunately, although I can't remember if they've expressly said as much anywhere.
There have been Planewalker cards in Magic that were cards(Used as Allies), but that was a couple generations ago. There were none in 2013(game) as far as I know, and but may come back with the new cards(probably doubtful). I do understand your point.
It goes both ways: you, the player, are a "Planeswalker" in the old-school, nigh-omnipotent wizard sense. "Planeswalker" characters within the lore itself (i.e. the main five: Ajani Goldmane, Jace Beleren, Liliana Vess, Chandra Nalar, and Garruk Wildspeaker) are little more than sliders. They're still powerful as all get-up, but their not quite "god-like" like the player is.

Hope that helps.

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
Falterfire said:
The Planeswalkers in the title refers to the players, not the card type. A Planeswalker is You is the whole concept behind MtG in the first place after all.

I'm guessing still no actual card 'Walkers, unfortunately, although I can't remember if they've expressly said as much anywhere.
That's fair, but doesn't make us want them any less. :)

They never actually said no to the idea like they did for dual lands, so the possibility is still there. Can't say it's all that likely but fingers crossed.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
I found the game on Steam only kept me entertained for a short while with the lack of deck building options but I think on a mobile device this will be a fantastic game. I'll be picking this up when it gets a release. A good way to see whether or not I should invest in some boosters when the 2014 core set is finally released too.

Doom-Slayer

Ooooh...I has custom title.
Jul 18, 2009
Abomination said:
I just want to know how they can be calling this 2014 when we're not even half way through 2013. At this rate we'll have 2016 in January of 2014.
Its done yearly to coincide with the magic set M14. "Technically" since M14 comes out in mid July, it will only be out for 5ish months of this year, and 7ish months of next year, so they have the number referring to the more important of the 2 possible years.(at least thats the way I see it)