Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
RJ 17 said:
DjinnFor said:
RJ 17 said:
Kengaskhan said:
I hate to be "that guy".
If that's true, then why are you being "that guy"?
Do you really need someone to spell out the nuances of his statement for you?
Do you really need someone to spell out the nuances of my joke for you?
OH JUST KISS ALREADY.

But some of these seem absolutely hilarious, in what they are and in their potential use.

I want a full set right now.

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
CharrHearted said:
female cat furry? You mean "Anthropomorphic" Since Anthropomorphic is the race. furry = group not a race.

People still haven't understood this yet. XD
You fool! Haven't you learned anything?!

It's hard to pinpoint the exact time and place, but somehow, during the past half decade, EVERYTHING that consists of an animal possessing human traits, is furry. So sayeth the collective ignorance of the internet!

Disney? Furry.
Don Bluth films? Furry.
Warcraft's Werewolfs, Tauren and Pandaren? Furry.
Blacksad? Furry.
Art Spiegelman's Maus? Furry.
Tony the Tiger? Furry.

Final Fantasy IX? Is that a walking and talking hippopotamus I see roaming your beautifully rendered CG backdrops? Furry.

Welcome to the next generation slick, in case you hadn't noticed, it's going to hurt.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Shouldn't Gabe Newell be something like "T Copy a nonland permanent you control only one of. If you control three or more nonland permanents with the same name, sacrifice Gabe Newell."

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
CharrHearted said:
female cat furry? You mean "Anthropomorphic" Since Anthropomorphic is the race. furry = group not a race.

People still haven't understood this yet. XD
"Anthropomorphic" is not a race. Anthropomorphism is attribution of human form or other characteristics to anything other than a human being. That's what the word means. The word derives from the Greek ἄνθρωπος (ánthrōpos), "human", and μορφή (morphē), "shape" or "form".

Yes I looked it up to post this.

Saying everything that's "Anthropomorphic" is a race means if I glue googly eyes to my toaster, thus anthropomorphizing it, it's now part of that race. That's absolutely absurd.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
I wish I played Magic so I could see how these jokes apply to the game.

I did enjoy the tongue-in-cheekness of these cards, though.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
Not sure if that Phil Fish one is in good fun, which makes it a very poor magic card.

Souplex said:
Shouldn't Gabe Newell be something like "T Copy a nonland permanent you control only one of. If you control three or more nonland permanents with the same name, sacrifice Gabe Newell."
Kinda feel like some kind of devotion should be in play, god and all. If your devotion to any colour is greater than 2 he isn't a creature perhaps?

Valve Time -Enchantment- Players skip the second main phase of each turn

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
That's hilarious. Phil Fish leaves the industry because he was tired of getting trolled, only to get trolled even harder because of it.

And by a professional company, no less!

MrMixelPixel

Jul 7, 2010
Damn these cards are OP xD. Gabe gonna be new EDH staple?

Minecraft Zombie going in my mono black control deck ASAP. And... I actually wish Backstabbing business partner's ability was put on a real card xP. That looks like it'd be loads of fun.

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
Awww... they took it down. I have no idea what happened, they simply removed it.

It was a really great idea too...
Lacked Tim Schafer, Ron Gilbert and Double Fine though.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Knight Templar said:
Not sure if that Phil Fish one is in good fun, which makes it a very poor magic card.

Souplex said:
Kinda feel like some kind of devotion should be in play, god and all. If your devotion to any colour is greater than 2 he isn't a creature perhaps?

He probably shouldn't be a god.
I've got it!
"T Copy a nonland permanent you control only one of.
For every nonland permanent you control one of, Gabe Newell gets +1+1.
For every nonland permanent you control two of, Gabe Newell gets +2+2.
For every nonland permanent you control three or more of Gabe Newell gets -3-3."

Domogo

Aug 7, 2012
Storm Dragon said:
RatherDull said:
Wow, that backstabbing business partner one looks amazing. I want that in my deck.
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, or if you also see some of the clever strategies that could be used by comboing it with certain other cards.

EDIT: Example: Use these cards on it:
http://magiccards.info/query?q=%21Crippling+Blight
http://magiccards.info/query?q=%21Sinister+Possession
http://magiccards.info/query?q=%21Blood+Reckoning
There is an issue with this combo set, the second and third would both be a good plan, but if you reduce the attack to 0 then the BBP wouldn't deal any combat damage and you wouldn't get the benefit of drawing a card, unless that was the point.

Also is it just me that the link to the site doesn't work for? I just get an error when I click the reference, or try to open the picture from earlier in this thread.

EDIT: Never mind I just saw the tweet about it being taken down, how sad that I missed it,

Storm Dragon

Nov 29, 2011
Domogo said:
Storm Dragon said:
RatherDull said:
Wow, that backstabbing business partner one looks amazing. I want that in my deck.
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, or if you also see some of the clever strategies that could be used by comboing it with certain other cards.

EDIT: Example: Use these cards on it:
http://magiccards.info/query?q=%21Crippling+Blight
http://magiccards.info/query?q=%21Sinister+Possession
http://magiccards.info/query?q=%21Blood+Reckoning
There is an issue with this combo set, the second and third would both be a good plan, but if you reduce the attack to 0 then the BBP wouldn't deal any combat damage and you wouldn't get the benefit of drawing a card, unless that was the point.

Also is it just me that the link to the site doesn't work for? I just get an error when I click the reference, or try to open the picture from earlier in this thread.

EDIT: Never mind I just saw the tweet about it being taken down, how sad that I missed it,
They take effect upon attacking, not upon doing damage.

Domogo

Aug 7, 2012
Storm Dragon said:
Domogo said:

I wish, but the card says when it deals combat damage so it requires damage to be dealt to the target, in this case the player, So if you were to prevent the damage by using crippling blight, or fog, or something of the sort the draw cad effect wouldn't trigger because no combat damage was dealt.

Storm Dragon

Nov 29, 2011
Domogo said:
Storm Dragon said:
Domogo said:

I wish, but the card says when it deals combat damage so it requires damage to be dealt to the target, in this case the player, So if you were to prevent the damage by using crippling blight, or fog, or something of the sort the draw cad effect wouldn't trigger because no combat damage was dealt.
Oh, didn't notice that earlier. They would still take the damage though, you just wouldn't get to draw cards.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
These are priceless. Some just down-right hilarious.[footnote]Dem Phil Fish and Newell cards.[/footnote]

I haven't played MTG for a few years now. But these I may pick up. If only for the "lols".

Knight Templar said:

Even better:

Valve Time

Enchantment

All Upkeep costs, Cumulative Upkeep costs, and Suspend costs are doubled.

All cards with Echo have Double Echo. (after the first upkeep in which the Echo cost is paid, the Echo cost must be paid before the next turns first main phase.)

If any spell or ability a player casts has a 3 in any of its costs, counter it when played.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I also feel like the Newell cards +2/+2 ability should be reversed. As in, he gets the buff for each critter on the field.