Magneto to Star in Assassin's Creed Movie

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
I love ya Fassbender, I really do, no homo, but I honestly don't think you fit the part of Ezio or Altair.

Maybe he is going to be the main villain templar. I could see that more.

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
Thetwistedendgame said:
I thought Ubisoft pulled some strings to make sure an assassin's creed movie would NEVER happen. What happened to that?
They were very, very picky about who would get the rights, weren't they? Says here that Ubisoft Motion Pictures are doing it, meaning they basically make it, but it gets funded by someone like Sony. I am intrigued as to what else they could do. RAYMAN ANIMATED MOVIE?!

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
Word on the street is that although it takes place in the Assassin's Creed universe, it really doesn't involve any introduced characters. (ie.. no Desmond, Altair, Ezio, etc.)

Xenominim

Jan 11, 2011
Very cautious optimism on this one. If they drop the gene-dream machine and just tell a focused story in the past about the Assassins vs Templars, there's a lot of potential just in that alone with the vague sci-fi elements of the pieces of Eden. They don't need Desmond and the current day stuff to make a good story at all out of this, because I feel trying to cram both of those into what's going to be a two hour at best flick is just going to make a muddled mess. It's already kinda blah a lot of times the way it's done in the games where they have a lot more time to work with.

Orlake

Jun 1, 2011
The little squeal of excitement in mind is drowned out by a chorus of NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DONT DO IT, DONT FUCKING DO IT, NOOOOOOOOOOSDFADFAFAEWR23423

Deviluk

Jul 1, 2009
Hey this is so cool! Just seeing him in X-men:First Class shows how he can be that morally grey hero with a damaged past. Personally I hope he's the main assassin of the story, and I think he would fit Altair, but a new assassin should be created for him.

Too bad he's half british (Irish) half German, he's definitely gonna be the bad guy.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
I think we're about to find out just how much style one can bring to a stabbing.

Hollyday

Mar 5, 2012
game franchise + film franchise = destruction of all we hold dear

pleasepleaseplease prove me wrong Ubisoft!

mindlesspuppet

Jun 16, 2004
Thetwistedendgame said:
I thought Ubisoft pulled some strings to make sure an assassin's creed movie would NEVER happen. What happened to that?
Ubisoft decided to make it themselves so they'd retain creative control. It's the same thing Marvel did.

Rule Britannia

Apr 20, 2011
I hope that he's Altair, Ezio is a ***** in comparison to Altair. (Altair was awesome, Ezio not so much :/, I will make an exception for Ezio in AC2 though.)

Paradoxrifts

Jan 17, 2010
He was literally the only thing that kept me in the cinema though Prometheus. I hope he manages to land the lead role and a fat check.

AntiChrist

Jul 17, 2009
Michael Fassbender could star in a prequel to the Star Wars prequels, and I would still buy a front row seat!

Apr 17, 2009
Huh, first Peter Serafinawicz working on some publicity thing for the third game, now Fassbender attached to a film. They likey themselves some Brits it seems. We're hot property right now

Nov 28, 2007
Hmm, decent actor, Ubisoft itself making it...I'll be keeping an eye on this. Could be good.

Of course, I said the same thing about the Mass Effect movie at first.

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
Maybe it might not be a direct adaptation of the AC games.

I'll just give out a theory here and say that Fassbender could be playing the part of Subject 16 and his adventures at Abstergo.