Mahalo: Bargain Bin Gaming

Mahalo

Feb 22, 2012
Bargain Bin Gaming

Get a glimpse at ten games for under $100 with Mahalo.

Watch Video

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
When I first looked at it, I thought it meant games for under $100 each... much bemusement was had.
I'll be checking perhaps a few of these games out... sad they didn't mention Nitrous Rush WHICH IS FREE AND AMAZING but then again, this seemed more of a console-based video.

Sneak king looks AM-A-ZING!!!

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
ForgottenPr0digy said:
infinite undiscovery and Project Sylpheed are the two games that interested me the most.
You won't regret either. Infinite Undiscovery (aside from the silly name) is a great RPG, as long as you can survive past the initial dungeon, forest, and mine for the first hour or so.

As for the rest, the only ones I don't own are Sneak King and Monster Madness. The rest I can vouch for. These are the true hidden gems of the generation. Good luck in finding many of those though. Things like Project Sylpheed is going to be tricky.

I would also like to throw into this ring: Dark Star One. A great space opera available on both PC and Xbox 360.

Datacide

Apr 6, 2010
The cheapest gaming has to be Steam...I get crazy amazing games there for under $5...all the time!

kiwi_poo

Apr 15, 2009
Ah, good. People have stopped complaining. Good work, dude. Keep doing stuff like this.

DeadCoyote

Feb 1, 2011
I can think of a lot more games that cost less and last more.

The elder scrolls
Elite
Syndicate (not the new one)
Space Rangers (srsly, this thing took months of my life)
Tetris
Fallout 1 & 2
Audiosurf
Red Lynx

And that's just the top of all i though of.

Akisa

Jan 7, 2010
Wait there are sport titles being released? Well aside for Football manager, and I don't like soccer. And what is this used they're talking about?

Blaster395

Dec 13, 2009
DeadCoyote said:
I can think of a lot more games that cost less and last more.

The elder scrolls
Elite
Syndicate (not the new one)
Space Rangers (srsly, this thing took months of my life)
Tetris
Fallout 1 & 2
Audiosurf
Red Lynx

And that's just the top of all i though of.
I think the list is supposed to be for more recent games. Elite came out in 1984, and while its innovative and technologically advanced, it still wouldn't belong on the list.

Tipsy Giant

May 10, 2010
Bit of advice on the audio, music was too loud so vocals were hard to distinguish at points.
Otherwise always nice to see a video for cheap asses like myself

Darknacht

May 13, 2009
Datacide said:
The cheapest gaming has to be Steam...I get crazy amazing games there for under $5...all the time!
Actually GamersGate tends to be much cheaper and have much bigger sales.

Isalan

Jun 9, 2008
No BG2? No Beyond Good and Evil? No Dungeon Keeper 1&2? No Planescape? No Trials Evo? No Bastion? No Psychonauts?

Don't get me wrong, its not a bad list, but seems theres some really good games that just didn't even get a look in. Or did this have some kind of release date cap?

Matthi205

Mar 8, 2012
Blaster395 said:
Or you could go for free gaming with FREEWARE.
OpenTTD
Dwarf Fortress
Nethack
I won't object to Dwarf Fortress and Nethack, but I find Simutrans to be more interesting than OpenTTD (which is pretty unchallenging, it's still worth a look though as Simutrans can get frustrating if you play it the wrong way).

Another few games that are worth a look:
Supertux (it's Super Mario, just with a penguin and better graphics, and also without that stupid 3D).
The Battle for Wesnoth -> A turn-based (you can actually overthink what you're going to do) strategy game, set in a fantasy world. Or rather, fantasy worlds: there are literally hundreds of add-ons that add campaigns and maps and even story scenarios for Multiplayer.
Supertux kart -> Mario Kart, but free
Rigs of Rods -> if you've got a decent CPU, check this one out: a driving game with an emphasis on destruction. Unlike Flatout 2, this one has a complete soft body physics system, so parts will deform instead of falling off immediately.
Planetside 2 -> free to play and nice, this game looks great, but has steep requirements. Three factions fight each other on several gigantic continents. This is a MMOFPS and is one of a kind.

More on the subject though, I think that Fallout 3, TES IV: Oblivion, Just Cause 2 and Flatout 2 are all worth a mention, since they all offer lots of entertainment even for people on a little budget (though Flatout 2 has an admittedly "short" gameplay tiem of only 10+ hours).