Main character deaths that would have fixed everything.

The Geek Lord

Apr 15, 2009
Saltyk said:
shadowform said:
Not necessarily 'better', but if Vaan had died off ten minutes into Final Fantasy 12, the game wouldn't have changed in any significant way...
It's funny cause its true. Seriously, Vaan had no reason to be in that story. He was basically there to give the game enough characters to have two full parties. Worse yet, he was a complete idiot. In one scene, Balthier and Basch tell him not to mention who they are because there are a lot of Empiral troops around. Vaan then promptly walks up to a kid he doesn't know, Larsa aka the Emperor's son, and blurts out their names. I wish I was making that up. Vaan just fails too hard.
Hm... That seems familiar... Something like...
Riku: "Don't tell anyone you're from Zanarkand, okay? You might piss someone off."
*Four minutes later*
Tidus: "HEY GUYS I PLAY FOR THE ZANARKAND ABES"

Anyway.

Emil from Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World.
Now, before I get into detailing what with the end-game spoilers and all, just remember I have not played this game in AT LEAST a year or two. Y'know, what with it brutally raping my childhood and all that.

Anyway, what happens is that Emil turns out to have been Ratatosk all along. A plot twist I literally called about fifteen minutes before it happened. Well, good 'ol Richter, being the ABSOLUTE FUCKING GENIUS that he is, decides he's going to open up a portal to hell and unleash a fuckton of demons so he can get revenge for his friend whom Emilitosk killed and looks exactly like. No, really.

Someone might argue that yes, Richter was planning on sacrificing himself to close the gate or something--as far to my memory--but I call bullshit on that, since if he's going to open up a gate to the land of fucking demons, some JUST MIGHT ESCAPE before he can close the portal... Seal... Whatever.

And also, while I'm on the subject, and I'm sorry for going off in a tangent, I call bullshit on the game's ending as well. It just doesn't fucking work. In Tales of Symphonia they established the fuck out of mana, how mana is the source of life, how it is necessary for magic, and GROWING FUCKING CROPS. And at the end of DotNW, they decide that they're going to direct every bit of the mana flow from the TREE THAT FUCKING PRODUCES IT INFINITELY into closing the sealgatewhatever and slowly draining mana out of the world. How will the world survive? NOT. FUCKING. EXPLAINED.

Well now that I've raged against my most hated game of all time, I have to go find something better to do.

TheScientificIssole

Jun 9, 2011
The playable characters and the king(especially)in the Katamari series. Its fun, but the Katamari-based death toll is way to high, also at the end of one game don't you make a planet mass large enough to consume all other masses, and get attached to the sun, thus turning a massive amount of the Earth's population into ashes and then radiation from the sun would clean out the rest afterwords.

CRRPGMykael

Mar 6, 2011
i think every1 agrees that the guy who could take the cake in this topic would be Alex Mercer,from [PROTOTYPE].I mean,he's a cool character and all that,but if The Virus didn't merge with Mercer when he died everything would have been fine.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
I enjoyed the first Force Unleashed game quite a bit, but even I think Marek should've stayed dead.[footnote]Highlight for spoils.[/footnote]

GraveeKing

Nov 15, 2009
HL2 - Gorden Freeman.
Yeah sure they'd have lived under the abusive rule of the combine - but clearly a lot less people will have died and the future technology would have meant we become a more advanced society.
He just becomes very backwards and goes to shooting randomly and hitting stuff with crowbars.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
Magicman10893 said:
The Boss (the protagonist, known as "The Boss" in the game) in Saints Row. He puts and end to the murdering, drug dealing and civilian casualties in Stilwater by

going on a massive rampage that leaves half the city destroyed practically, the chief of police dead, the mayor dead and his main political rival dead and opens the way for Ultor to take over. Ultor doesn't sound so bad in the context of the game, until you realize all the shady stuff that comes from them, especially if you play the Red Faction games. If only the bomb at the end would of killed him.
Then in the second game you recover from your comma to find your gang has been disbanded and three new gangs have taken over and are at a general stand still with each other, then you fuck EVERYTHING up again. At the end you track down Julius who bombed you so you would stop being a murdering bastard and you murder him after he exposes your flaws.
Yeah, that just made you character look like psychotic kingpin; the General and Mr. Sunshine had nothing on your character by the end of the game. And the whole thing with Julius (and, by extension, Dex but at least he was smart enough to get the fuck outta dodge)... god damn.

Spacewolf

May 21, 2008
Scorekeeper said:
Kratos. If he'd died after hurling himself off a cliff, the world would've been better for it.
not necessacerily was zeus would of just found out a new target for his fear most likely posiden and the world would of ripped itself apart

Th37thTrump3t

Nov 12, 2009
Harbinger_ said:
Colonel Autumn in Fallout 3

When he kills your dad in the chamber. It would have taken seconds to pop in and kill them yourself but the game doesn't let you!
Colonel Autumn never kills your father in Fallout 3, your father kills himself by purposely overloading the purifier and irradiating the entire control room. Plus, if you were to go in and kill Autumn, I am sure his two guards would have immediately opened fire and your dad, being caught in the crossfire, would have probably died anyways.

thedevilscousin

Nov 14, 2010
Many games and protagonists come to mind.
Probably the main character in KOTOR, if he had died, well you know.
Kratos, he pretty much destroyed all in the end.
Probably Serious Sam and/or Duke Nukem, they dead would rid the world of a lot of stupidity.
The main guy in F.E.A.R, everything would be fixed, no fucked up shit going on in his head nor that paranormal stuff.
Also Drake from Uncharted, a lot of terrorists lives would be spared.