Major 3DS Update Includes Demos and DLC

RikuoAmero

Jan 27, 2010
Proverbial Jon said:
I own a 3DS. From launch. I've played mostly DS games on it. I have Ocarina of Time 3D and Star Fox 64 3D... remakes of games that are almost 15 years old. These constant updates and additions do nothing to make me rush and turn my 3DS on.
That's pretty much the reason I've yet to buy a 3DS. The fact that they announced a new gaming device and the games they hype for it? Remakes...god-damn remakes. I like remakes myself...I've bought the Splinter Cell/Shadow of the Colossus HD remakes for the PS3. Just saying that if they had been the big games announced at the launch of the PS3, I would have turned away in disgust.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Xannidel said:
Ah my apologies, I did not mean to sound like a fanboy or anything but to be fair the 3DS lacked good games to really keep it in the air, they are making progress with this and maybe I am just being narrow minded in my last post but I thought if they had more available games then they would have more support for the 3DS, I in no way wish for them to rush their games out and risk the chance they over look a key aspect or a big glitch that could make/break the game.
Nah, I didn't take you for a fanboy. I was just saying the DS didn't really get great for a while. I also was pointing out they're kinda stuck right now, and they're probably doing the best they can. Probably.

And, I mean, I'm mostly excited because it's great to see a company take the blame. Sony tried to pretend they didn't screw up, Microsoft tried to pretend the Xbox didn't have hardware failure, and the game companies are bitching about piracy and used sales breaking them while they're posting record profits. It's really nice to see someone take responsibility and actually try and fix shit.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
OutrageousEmu said:
Which would be great if the 3DS were competing with the DS in its infancy. Its not, its competing with it in maturity.
In no way relavent.

[quotePlus, there is competition.[/quote]

Duh. And why part of why I mentioned their hubris, the flaw of trying to repeat such a stark landscape.

Or did you think I was actually praising the practice or pretending they could get away with it again? I did, again, refer to the practice as "hubris." While I don't go into specifics, that seems to render worthless most of your response.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
Oh good, demos! So now we can get maybe one demo per month, and 90% of the time it will be for shovelware and kids games!

Obviously I hope this isn't the case, but if experience with regular DS demos has taught me anything... <_<

Tiswas

Jun 9, 2010
Are people actually aware that the 3DS is doing better than the DS was doing at this point it it's lifetime? Like someone else has said the DS itself didn't become really good until almost a year after release.

As for no games. At least this time next month there'll be plenty more to go around. Dr. Lautrec, Mario 3D Land, Tales of Abyss, Cave Story to name a few. Mario Kart 7 out a week or so later. Personally in my eyes the 3DS has more going for it over the next few months than the big HD consoles do.