Major companies who have pissed you off to the point of no return.

The_Tron

Jun 8, 2010
Basically I just want to see some of the hate out there. Just list off some companies who have done something to piss you off so badly that you'll never deal with them again. And don't be afraid to give a small explanation. For me the list is as such;

EA (They used to be amazing with their creativity and great games like Road Rash and Mutant league Football. My how the might have become a bunch of greasy un-creative money hungry assholes)
Capcom (butchering my favorite franchises for years to the point where I believe they actually don't like making money)
AMD (buying a high end graphics card of theirs and having a number of issues with it, then when dealing with their help forum receiving nothing but troll bait and insults as "help")
McDonalds (on a road trip stopped in for a couple of burgers and became severely sick for 3 days straight. Basically bedridden during a CO-ED beach party weekend)
Air Canada (airlines in Canada are terrible, especially this crooked ass excuse for a airline, 80% of the time they'll lose your luggage and the other 20% is when you're delayed for a day and a half)
Epic Games (Cliffy B is a moron, and I refuse to give morons my money)
Razor (Same reason for Epic games just the CEO who admits that because he doesn't play his personal ps3 very much they don't even bother making ps3 peripherals, to me that is just a terrible business sense and he deserves to lose money for his ignorance)
Busch Beer (the majority of their products are just water sugar and rotten barley, some of the worst beer I have ever had. between a bud light and a water, I'll take water 100% of the time)

I'm sure there's more that I may add in a later post but I'd like to hear from some other internet peoples out there.

vv85

May 25, 2013
Most big companies. You have to be ruthless to survive in the modern economy, fluent in double speak with extra arms purely so you can always keep your fingers crossed behind your back. Whatever you think you're getting from them, they get 3 times back.

That said, I'll still deal with them - I want to live, I like my stuff, and I want more stuff :)

Some business I wont deal with ever:
Facebook - Not only dont I like the business model, I dont like my friends and family knowing my every action and thought.
Apple - They are such a manipulative, secretive, and ultimately fake company. I will never buy their products.
Google - Never liked the fake veneer of their smile... 'Do No Evil' but dont define evil - now thats good marketing
Amazon - Boldfaced market manipulation, printed in Arial 12pt, and sold as an e-book for %400 cost price.
KFC - I dont go often but whenever I do they always mess up my order

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
I dont like the new IT "I am so hip" ish companies.
I wont name names, but working for them is so disillusioning.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Too much hate in the OP.

Hell, I've even gone back to being neutral on Ubisoft because they stopped being tools to PC gamers (OK, they've still got UPlay, but it's still much better than before).

There's no company that can't bring me back.

And by the way, Air Canada is my favorite airline, because when some idiot passenger hid our luggage (???), making us miss a transfer, Air Canada gave us free tickets for a different route. First Class tickets.

KungFuJazzHands

Mar 31, 2013
Newegg pissed me off so badly that I am now willing to pay substantially more for computer hardware from their competitors. They somehow managed to send me an empty box that was supposed to contain an HDD, they screwed me price-wise on two different occasions, they managed to double charge me on an $800 order, and their return policy is one of the most drawn-out and convoluted in the business. I'd rather buy from a street corner than take my chances with Newegg again.

I've got a pretty sizable blacklist of companies I won't deal with, but Newegg is definitely the worst offender.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
The_Tron said:
He hasn't worked for them for a while now, he quit last year in October.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
Apple but thats more about the customers and their blind totalitarian allegiance to the product, and that weird toxic smug chemical they excrete to passers by. They can't just call it a phone, they have to say 'iphone'... urgh...

PoolCleaningRobot

Mar 18, 2012
Microsoft. Not just for the recent xb1 stuff but their business as a whole is completely shitty. Someone on a thread here linked to a Vanity Fair article about all the stupid shit Microsoft does. The number problem, is that every single one their teams has its members ranked from best to worst no matter what. No exceptions. You can do your duties completely successfully and still be ranked lowest out of the other 10 people on your team because someone had to be on the bottom. Of course people get fired and lose raises over this. As a result, all of them waste time brown nosing and playing office politics and occasionally screwing over their co-workers so that someone other than them ends up on the bottom of the list.

And Microsoft as whole has this cocked headed notion that they need to be in control of everything and they make products that their customers have to follow rather than making things people want. Your company/school uses Microsoft Exchange email? Well I hope you like using Internet Explorer because we made it so that every other browser only displays the mobile version

Tactical Pause

Jan 6, 2010
Just stopped by to say... wow. That's an awful lot of companies to despise for all eternity.

OT: For me, no company is really beyond the point of no return; there is no 'point of no return' in my books. If a corporation has shitty practices, I will take that into account when deciding whether or not I am to give them my custom. If they improve these practices, I will not treat them the same way I did when their methods were worse.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Demon ID said:
Apple but thats more about the customers and their blind totalitarian allegiance to the product, and that weird toxic smug chemical they excrete to passers by. They can't just call it a phone, they have to say 'iphone'... urgh...
Yup, that would be my choice as well. Apple, screwing people over and hypnotizing them into buying the exact same tech as other companies or sometimes substandard tech in comparison, for usually twice the cost or more of other companies, and when people ask them for help to fix problems with their items, most of the time their answer is buy a new one.

It is one company that if I could wish it out of existence, I would.

Benpasko

Jul 3, 2011
Legion said:
The_Tron said:
Which really makes his statement ironic and hilarious. 10/10 OP.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Where to start? I dunno about "hate to the point of no return", but I've got a few on my chopping block:

Hasbro- mainly for a)cancelling the excellent Transformers Animated just to make Transformers: Rise of the Fallen toys (another reason I won't watch that movie) and b) forcing a cease-and-desist on the makers of "My Little Pony: Fighting is Magic" (Thank God Lauren Faust came on board to help create original characters for the game). Not sure what I'd do if they gave me a fourth offense...

Disney/Nickelodeon/Cratoon N etwork- for removing most of the good cartoons and either putting up sub-par ones/disgusting tweenie pop.

EA- for more than one reason...

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
The_Tron said:
EA
Capcom
Epic Games
Razor
These for the reasons specified. Also Ubisoft for their recent "we won't support games unless we can turn them into franchises" statement.

The_Tron said:
AMD (buying a high end graphics card of theirs and having a number of issues with it, then when dealing with their help forum receiving nothing but troll bait and insults as "help")
Depends how much they moderate their forums, otherwise I wouldn't blame them for this. Intel's business practices are much more controversial to me.

Hazzard

Jan 25, 2012
Warner Brothers, only for forcing the cancellation of MERP and the lack of good films compared to bad they release.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
Lovely Mixture said:
The_Tron said:
EA
Capcom
Epic Games
Razor
These for the reasons specified. Also Ubisoft for their recent "we won't support games unless we can turn them into franchises" statement.

The_Tron said:
Depends how much they moderate their forums, otherwise I wouldn't blame them for this. Intel's business practices are much more controversial to me.
Is that statement by Ubisoft so bad? I only mean that for me if a game is really good I've never gone and thought to myself 'yeah that was great but I never want to experience that universe/characters/gameplay again'. I figured the fact they want to make games that can be expanded into more good games is really a good thing. Plus I kinda like the fact they are talking about new IPs in this meaning that unlike certain other companies they are still trying to make new franchises, new ideas it's just they (quite rightly) don't want to make one offs that can't build on themselves. I'd be annoyed if Assassins Creed, Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia stopped at number one, I'd of missed out on some of my favorite all time games in Assassins Creed 2, Chaos Theory and Sands of time.

I don't mean this in a confrontational way at all, I just generally am interested in your opinion and would like you to elaborate if you would be so kind? :)

randomrob1968

Sep 26, 2011
Sony's weak handling of the hacker breach last year.. I was already tired of their BS, but that public non-apology cost them my PSN account, and my PS3.. I sold it, haven't looked back. Still got my PS2 and a bunch of games, love them, but nowadays? I think Sony's gone rotten.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Blizzard, Ill never buy anything from them and it makes me very reluctant to buy anything from activision now they are merged.
I got a job with blizzard, but when I was called in they said I didn't have one and no one contacted me about it, but since I showed up I was black listed so they can fuck themselves.

The_Tron

Jun 8, 2010
Legion said:
The_Tron said:
It was because of some of his stupid ass comments that he made to the public years ago. If I was to sum it up, the comments would basically sound like a fanboy rant.

Demon ID said:
While I agree with you there, I just didn't include apple as they haven't specifically done anything to me with their products or business practices that piss me off. Just some of their ridiculous fanbase, which I could also say regarding sony or microsoft but I still plan on buying a next gen console after they release a "I have to have that" game or two.

Worgen said:
Blizzard, Ill never buy anything from them and it makes me very reluctant to buy anything from activision now they are merged.
I got a job with blizzard, but when I was called in they said I didn't have one and no one contacted me about it, but since I showed up I was black listed so they can fuck themselves.
That sucks, I'm sorry to hear that. I've heard they're a good company to work for depending on the field. I used to be a huge fan of blizzard but with the screw ups of diablo 3 and my moderate disappointment of starcraft 2 (I still bought and enjoyed both to varying levels) I'm much more skeptical about their actions.

Reiper

Mar 26, 2009
lacktheknack said:
And by the way, Air Canada is my favorite airline, because when some idiot passenger hid our luggage (???), making us miss a transfer, Air Canada gave us free tickets for a different route. First Class tickets.
Air Canada is absolutely abysmal. For the price you paid for your tickets you probably should have been first class anyway. I guess the service is ok, but last time I flew with them I recall receiving no meal for a relatively long flight. I always just drive down to Buffalo because the tickets are half price.

Weresquirrel

Aug 13, 2008
Lloyds TSB - I used to work for them, and apart from the toxic work atmosphere there, there were some shady goings on. When I left, the Union kept taking dues from me, even though I specifically cancelled the direct debit twice before it stuck. Didn't get a refund. Then, they took an unauthorised payment from my account to make a payment on my credit card of £20. I didn't have £20 in my account at the time, then they slapped various fees on for that. In the time I spent fighting all this bollocks I accrued about £1000 in fees and interest, as I couldn't pay it off (I was fresh out of school, had no savings). It is for this reason that even to this day I will not touch another credit card.

Natwest - Not as bad as the above, but they weren't a great bank to begin with. When they made the bizarre business decision to only allow their customers to use official designated Natwest ATMs (The nearest of which is about a 15 minute drive away) it became too much of a hassle to stay with them.

Apple - I don't want to jump on the apple hate bandwagon, I just find their products ludicrously expensive, and lacking in features. And, when I tried installing quicktime on my compy a few years back, it insisted on installing a whole bunch of ancilliary nonsense that stopped me from being able to listen to music, play videos or anything that wasn't a quicktime file.

I can't think of any more off the top of my head. Those are the big three.