Major Gaming PC issue - please help

farmerboy219

Feb 22, 2009
Dear all,

I am losing frames on a very dramatic scale for some reason when playing games such as bops2, BF3 and even medievil total war 2. When i check the tasks manager it says my cpu is on 80%-100% and it never used to resulting in running games in maybe 10fps. Some say my cpu is bottle necking but no idea what that means or how to fix it please help.

specs-
i7 3.44 Ghz intel cou,
16gb ram
palit nvidia gtx 460
700w psu

as I said it never used to do this it used to run perfectly. please help friends.

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
When you check your task manager does it show the game you're playing using all that CPU power? Or is it going someplace else? (other programs, processes)

xDarc

Feb 19, 2009
Kill any unnecessary user processes.
Run malware scans with a 2-3 scanners. Malwarebytes/bitdefender/whatever
Go into bios and run SMART disk health check, if available. You will see disk health/bad blocks, if any.
Use Driver Sweeper to remove all gfx drivers, then do clean install.

If that doesn't nail it down... you may want to just back up your important files and then nuke OS from orbit. It sounds more software related then anything else if you aren't flat out blue screening/rebooting.

Comocat

May 24, 2012
Sometimes the search indexer goes nuts, you can try disabling it or limiting its features. Especially if your computer is just a gaming PC, I dont see how this feature is helpful at all.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/28450/what-is-searchindexer.exe-and-why-is-it-running/

farmerboy219

Feb 22, 2009
xDarc said:
Kill any unnecessary user processes.
Run malware scans with a 2-3 scanners. Malwarebytes/bitdefender/whatever
Go into bios and run SMART disk health check, if available. You will see disk health/bad blocks, if any.
Use Driver Sweeper to remove all gfx drivers, then do clean install.

If that doesn't nail it down... you may want to just back up your important files and then nuke OS from orbit. It sounds more software related then anything else if you aren't flat out blue screening/rebooting.
driver sweeper fixed it thanks very much