Make-A-Wish Rebuilds the Millennium Falcon

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
how nice of them. to bad they only get kids they can market for the most part. sure they help terminal kids but mostly they help terminal kids they can market. still, it's better than alot of other organizations we know. so good on them.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Sparrow said:
Stuff like this makes me wish I was going to die from a life threatening illness and under 10.

[sup]What happened to the days when sick kids got ice cream? Grumble grumble cliche old man talk...[/sup]
Is it wrong of me to agree with you? I'd know what to wish for in half a heartbeat.

So friggin' cool man! Make-A-Wish really is a noble cause, my hats off to them for making yet another kid's wish come true.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
Roboto said:
Wonder how Aperture Science's Take a wish would do it?
(Sorry, gaming news site it was only proper!)
According to GameInformer [http://gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2010/03/24/Aperture-Science_3A00_-A-History.aspx], they'd buy the wish from the kid and resell it to someone else, probably the highest bidder.

IxionIndustries said:
This is the only charity I know of that actually does a damn thing.

Good for them! At least they're more productive than fucking PETA will ever be.
Yeah... why do I get the feeling these guys and PETA are the only charities you even know by name?

Paksenarrion

Mar 13, 2009
Sparrow said:
Stuff like this makes me wish I was going to die from a life threatening illness and under 10.

[sup]What happened to the days when sick kids got ice cream? Grumble grumble cliche old man talk...[/sup]
I can't help but read that in David Tennant's voice.

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
Make a Wish rocks. Everytime I read about something like this I have a little bit of my faith in humanity restored (until the next time a politician opens his or her mouth)

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Paksenarrion said:
Sparrow said:

Sadly, I sound nothing like him. I have his hair though!

[sup]I have the feeling I'm going off topic here...[/sup]

Paksenarrion

Mar 13, 2009
Sparrow said:
Paksenarrion said:
Sparrow said:

Sadly, I sound nothing like him. I have his hair though!

[sup]I have the feeling I'm going off topic here...[/sup]
What do you mean? Make-a-Wish Foundation kids have hair*. Completely related.

[sup]*Except for the ones going through chemo therapy. In which case, a bacta tank is needed.[/sup]

Flying Dagger

Apr 14, 2009
On one level I appreciate that it's good for the kid...

On another level... There's something that strikes me as a little off about it.

I recently did some work for a charity that buys 10 grand wheelchairs for severely disabled children... And I can't help but think that maybe the money could be better spent.

The charities that go to helping people in third world countries often help far more people per pound, can you really say that building a kid a millenium falcon is worth more then providing an entire village with clean water?

I don't have the figures, but it makes me wonder.