Make me bawww

Kodachi

Jun 6, 2011
Could anybody recommend a game (preferably recent) that will almost undoubtedly cause me to break down and cry like a little girl. I'm not sure why but I just feel like playing a really depressing game. I should clarify that I'm looking for depressing narrative and not simply poor quality. So, escapists, what game stories have recently made you weep like an over emotional child?

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Kinda depends on what makes you cry, doesn't it?

I got a little verklempt at the end of Bastion.

SonicKaos

Jan 21, 2011
I have never cried over a game before really.. but the closest I ever got to it was in Valkyria Chronicles for the PS3. There is one part of it that made me feel sad for a good 5 minutes or so. First time I felt attached to any characters as well though. Try it out.

RielleLynn

Jun 9, 2010
None, but probably because I'm slightly cold-hearted. XD

I do second Bastion though. Try out it?

The Pinray

Jul 21, 2011
Play Mass Effect 2, do NOT get anyone loyal. Give it a shot. :)

I came close to crying recently in the game Infamous 2. Both endings are so emotional! But play the first one for context if you haven't...

Also LOL at Deshara!

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
Deshara said:
The ending of TF2. Its ending will make me cry.

In all seriousness, Gears of War 2. You know what it was. Completely caught me fucking by surprise. At first she looked fine and I was all, ugh, forced attempt to make us give a shit. Then it got fucking depressing.
I would have to agree with that, although it's only one small instance in a game that is otherwise covered in blood, gore, and flying bullets.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Persona 3+4. For those who have played the game: You know which parts I am talking about. For those who haven't: Why have you not done so yet? Go out and play those games!

telocaster

Aug 12, 2011
Red Dead Redemption made me cry like a *****. My roommate made fun of me for getting emotional over a video game for a week.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I cant think of any games but here is an uber depressing amv

jackpackage200

Jul 4, 2011
E-102's Story and in Sonic Adventure was completely out of place and easily the best part of that awesome game.

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
Want a really depressing game? A copy of Metroid Other M or Duke Nukem Forever should do the trick. 10 minutes into either one and you'll be sobbing with disappointment.

ZiggyE

Nov 13, 2010
Limbo, if you haven't played it already. Also, I found Persona 3 to be quite depressing.

AceAngel

May 12, 2010
Mass Effect 2: Overlord, if you don't want to spike the cash for it, look it up on youtube.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Kodachi said:
Could anybody recommend a game (preferably recent) that will almost undoubtedly cause me to break down and cry like a little girl. I'm not sure why but I just feel like playing a really depressing game. I should clarify that I'm looking for depressing narrative and not simply poor quality. So, escapists, what game stories have recently made you weep like an over emotional child?
A few of the things StoryCorps puts out on YouTube gets me to tears. Note these are true stories, but they're still very touching.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Kodachi said:
Oh sorry, I completely misinterpreted your question. On top of that, I failed to read the first post due to the fact that I thought this was the off-topic section. And now the site is lagging so I can't see my post to get rid of it. Sorry <.> I'm afraid I don't even know any games to recommend.