Make One Slight Change to A Game, Make it 1000X More Awesome

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Sonic Doctor said:
Dragon Age: Origins:

Change its snail in molasses combat system to the combat system from Dragon Age 2.
Funny thing: Bioware originally planned DA2's Devil May Cry-Automatic combat to only be on the console versions, and keep the original game's system on the PC where the general consensus was that it worked better. And you do realise the original point was to be a successor to Baldur's Gate, right?

The_Waspman

Sep 14, 2011
leet_x1337 said:
Take Prototype and have Alex not be all moody and gritty. Instead, make him into someone more like from Saints' Row: he knows that he's killed a whole lot of people with his strange powers, and now he wants to go kill some more. If a world happens to get saved along the way, that's none of his business.
No no no, take Prototype and eradicate it from existence. Thats the only way you can make the game ANY good.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Jenga.

The tower is on top of a pressure sensor that triggers a mine underneath it, killing the person responsible for the tower falling.

Extreme Jenga.

Eldrig

Apr 25, 2011
Crusader Kings 2: Add the ability to export your save into Europa Universalis 4 when it comes out.
Morrowind: have it write the term paper I am currently SUPPOSED to be writing for me.

Eldrig

Apr 25, 2011
Binnsyboy said:
Jenga.

The tower is on top of a pressure sensor that triggers a mine underneath it, killing the person responsible for the tower falling.

Extreme Jenga.
And after a few short generations of this form of artificial selection, we will have built a race of humans so superior at the concepts of load bearing, and architecture, that.... uhm.... Things would be pretty rad, I guess.

cikame

Jun 11, 2008
There's no one change you can make to Halo to make it more than mediocre.
Rip out all the characters, add some interesting ones, put the crosshair in the center, add a story which has more intrigue than "war", let badass Spartans do something more badass, literally every other modern day video game character can do more than a Spartan... the coolest thing to happen in Halo is the e3 trailer for Halo 3.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
1.Take Serious Sam 3 BFG,
2. Add the Joker as every enemy,
3. Make his only line: "Why so serious?"
4. ????
5. Profit

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Eldrig said:
Binnsyboy said:
Jenga.

Extreme Jenga.
And after a few short generations of this form of artificial selection, we will have built a race of humans so superior at the concepts of load bearing, and architecture, that.... uhm.... Things would be pretty rad, I guess.
It's Extreme Jenga, not Jenga: Eugenics Edition xD

sethisjimmy

May 22, 2009
For me: Take Metal Gear Solid 2, and add the camera system from Metal Gear Solid 3.
Game instantly becomes 1000X better.

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
inFAMOUS 2: Let me replay story missions without starting a new game.

Prototype/Prototype 2: Add a kill-counter.

Professor Layton: Do a crossover with Wallace and Gromit.

talideon

Mar 18, 2011
In the first Mass Effect, I wouldn't do anything to the combat mechanics, as they didn't bother me at all: I was playing an RPG, not a shooter.

What I *would* do is fix the damned inventory. Not remove it, but fix it. I'd have everything in the inventory stacked and ordered as it ought to have been in the first place: rather than being a list of discrete items, group items of the same type and rank, and stack items of the same type but different ranks in a context sensitive fashion: when I'm in a shop, I want to sell off my crap, I want the crap to be the stuff easiest to get at, whereas when I'm doing a loadout, I want to be able to get at my best stuff most easily. Also, don't force me to omnigel stuff when I'm picking something up and my inventory is full: let me omnigel my crap.

regalphantom

Feb 10, 2011
Dawn of War 1: Add a means of 'hotkeying' units or groups of units like in starcraft.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Remove the 'moral choice ending buttons' at the end of the game.
Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess - More situations where it is beneficial to transform into the wolf, for both combat and exploration.
Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Add an option to play without the Wii motion controls
Legend Of Zelda(Series as a whole) - tougher boss fights. Also, move away from the gadget/weapon in each dungeon being the secret to beating EVERY boss.
Metroid: Other M - Kill Team Ninja and replace them with clones of Retro Studios employees.
Starcraft 2 - Add a 4th race, just to shake things up a bit.
Halo 4 - More FFA game modes.
Any game with 'Do X with a friend to unlock Y' - remove the criteria to do X to unlock Y.
Half Life 3/2 Episode 3 - Exist

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
leet_x1337 said:
Sonic Doctor said:

Change its snail in molasses combat system to the combat system from Dragon Age 2.
Funny thing: Bioware originally planned DA2's Devil May Cry-Automatic combat to only be on the console versions, and keep the original game's system on the PC where the general consensus was that it worked better. And you do realise the original point was to be a successor to Baldur's Gate, right?
What the game was suppose to be has nothing to do with this thread, neither is the general consensus of people I don't even know. It is just about people saying what one thing they would change in a game to make it better.

So, I don't care if DA:O was suppose to be a successor to Flower Finkle the Revenge, all I am saying is that I liked DA2's combat better and feel it would have made DA:O actually playable, and then I might have actually felt like beating it, though the combat is far from being the only problem DA:O has.

42Weasels

Oct 26, 2012
Borderlands 1 or 2: don't make the players share the loot, pull a Torchlight 2 instead.

MisterM2402

Nov 19, 2009
Nikolaz72 said:
Dungeonkeeper 2. Add more power to manually controlled minions, to actually give an insensitive to control them.
I always thought that was one of the best parts of the game :D Didn't need any extra incentive to control them.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Sonic Doctor said:
Having just beat Halo 4:

Have an actual battle at the end with the Didact, instead of having the stupid QTE crap. None of this, him being defeated with a single Promethean grenade, being blown back by it to fall off the ledge.

I'm sorry, I had something insane in my ear. Did you say that II's battle system was better than origins?

I would have to say fixing Space Wizards 3's ending, and removing the insta-kills from Banshees, Phantoms, Brutes, Praetorians, and Scions. I would also do away with thermal clips and go back to heat management as thermal clips are stupid.

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
Super Smash Bros Brawl with good multiplayer or have people actually be online in Black Ops on Mac would be nice (yes, I'm playing BLOPs but it's because it's one of the only well made competitive shooters on mac and my 360 is at home; I'm in res)