Make your job title sound more epic than it is

PFCboom

Sep 20, 2012
This past month, I started working at a company that, in short, cuts and forms metal to be used by other companies. Pieces of lawnmowers, art class stool tops, brackets, rails, things that are difficult to describe, all made by us. I, as an operator of the various presses, am thoroughly aware that it's seriously uninteresting, even boring at times.
But then I started to think about what I really do, forcing these absurdly strong, potentially painful pieces of metal into all different shapes. Then, from this realization, I started to think about what I truly am.

I am the Steelshaper.

And just like that, my job is awesome. What's your job? More importantly, how epic can you make it sound?

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
I do some freelance work for the IT department of a local school district whenever I have the time. I am "The Tech Mercenary"

TechNoFear

Mar 22, 2009
Currently my title is SME (Subject Matter Expert).

Makes me sound like I should be on a quiz show...

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I am an Audio Engineer and I normally work in the dark and talk quietly to myself as to not be heard.

Therefore, I am, the Sound Goblin.

Totally thanking TheFunSlinger for giving that title. :D

Julius Terrell

Feb 27, 2013
Well I clean up behind people. The kind of job nobody gives a shit about. I guess that makes me a sanitation expert. Right? :D

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
I am the OVERSEER. (Store Supervisor) If you think about it. Super-Visor does literally mean Overseer, it just doesn't sound as epic.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Slaughterer of the Beast (turkey handler in the slaughter section). Though to be honest the job ended Friday and so I'm out of work until mid December, since it's only when I'm not in session that I do it.

Zaeseled

May 17, 2011
By degree I'm a wood artisan (carpenter), but by actual job my title would be Harbourmaster.

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
I usually tell people I'm the "merchandise logistics manager for the department store division of Woolworths ltd."

I stack fucking shelves at a supermarket.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Currently working as a research intern implementing a few pattern matching algorithms. In other words, I'm creating the next Google.

That's only for the summer though, after which I will go back to being a Computer Science student. In other words, I will be creating the next Google.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
Well, I'm about to start my freshman year of college without any specific degree in mind. I expect to be partaking in knowledge many might consider esoteric and even more might consider useless in day-to-day living, as well as asking quite a few questions.

Based on my, admittedly limited, knowledge of DC Comics, that's enough to earn me the title of The Riddler