Make your own Mass Effect 3 ending snippets

Lupus80

Jan 9, 2011
There are many other threads discussing the ending of Mass Effect 3 and its quality. Regardless if you liked the ending or not, one thing that is clear is that the ending (every version of them) lacked closure (at least enough closure to satisfy many fans).

The purpose of this thread is to have a bit of fun with some wish fulfillment. What kind of things would have you wanted to see at the ending of Mass Effect 3?

Lets assume that the ending went the way that they did: Shepard has sacrificed him/herself to save the galaxy from destruction and all his/her allies survived. Before the closing credits roll we have a few snippets of scenes showing what happens in the galaxy after Shepard departs.

Here are a few of my ideas:

1) A young krogan is led by his mother up to a large stone statue of a salarian in deep thought. The young krogan contemplates the statue thoughtfully.

2) Jacob sits at a bar alone and glances over to the empty seat next to him where a untouched drink is set. Garrus gives Jacob's shoulder a friendly slap as he raises a drink and nods to Wrex at the other side of the table. The three salute each other with their drinks, and then salute the unattended drink and empty chair.

3)Ashley Williams looks down at the baby she holds in her arms. The baby plays idly with Shepard's dogtags in his/her tiny hands.

Obviously these ideas have a more Paragon slant to them, but I would really like to read some other ideas out there.

coolbeans21

Sep 24, 2009
Sheperd ripping off a bitching guitar solo atop a mound of reaper corpses?

Works for me

-edit-

OP, those are some really nice ideas

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Shepard uses the Crucible to weaken the Reapers by disabling shields, barriers and weapons which allows my fleet of Alliance/Turian/Krogan/Salarion/Geth/Quarion/Asari/Batarian ships to win the battle at earth. The Mass Relays are used as satellites as the signal is sent across the Galaxy disabling all other Reapers. Shepard re-unites with friends and love interest and has Quarion-Human babies. The presence of Reapers in the galaxy allows for after mission side quests that deal with them.

Bardnoir

Mar 19, 2012
I actually think it would have worked best if we just didn't get a choice on the ending, thus we're forced down a path based on the way we'd played our character to that point (not given a chance to go against our "alignment" in the last 3 minutes of the game).

If we'd been building towards peace with Geth/Quarians the whole time (Regardless of Paragon/Renegade) we just end up with the Synthasis and Shepard's body is destroyed but the Shepard VI turned AI uploads itself on the Normandy making it the new EDI while EDI is confined to the mech body. If we'd been Paragon, Shepard actually takes over the reapers and "self sacrifices" to destroy the Reapers as an extension of Shepard. If we'd been playing Renegade the whole time Shepard destroys all Synthetics and wakes up in Chakwas med bay after a violent explosion.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
I would take the ending we have now + Casey Hudson coming on screen and just saying No we wont change it get the F over it, then walking off.

that or Gabe Newell magically appearing and announcing episode 3.

VonKlaw

Jan 30, 2012
Garrus goes back to being Archangel and we see him fighting a swarm of gangster wannabes with a pair of pistols. He kills them all and then pulls out a fresh Turian cigar whilst standing a pile of their corpses.

Lybs

Nov 8, 2010
My ending would have been that Shepard wakes up after the failed indoctrination attempt the reapers "dream" was in my opinion and makes her/his way into the portal heavy wounded, the last survivers of Cerberus are guarding the way up to the control room and you have to fight your way up there alone.
When you finally make you way up to the citadel council chambers and finally activate the crucible you get shot in the back by an reaper hybrid TIM who enters the room with the last cerberus battalion, after a quick paragon/renegade conversation which TIM responses by pistol-whipping you he pulls back the hammer and aims are your head in pointblank range.

Right in this moment the rest of your surviving companion from all the games comes busting in led by the love interest where the love interest takes down TIM, while the love interest freaks out over the near dead Shepard TIM rises up and takes up his gun and walks slowly over to you when you get two options, renegade "take the sidearm of the love interest and shot TIM in the face" or paragon "throw her/him out of the way and take the bullet for your Love Interest" which triggers the rest of the squadmates to all simultaneously spray bullets and biotics at TIM until there is nothing left of him.
The love interest and shepard share a heartbreaking last moment before Shepard draws her/his last breath dying in the love interests arms and the music stops right about when Shepard dies so the only thing you hear is the heart-tearing cries of the love interest while the screen fades to black.

The last scene would be a memorial of Shepard on the citadel lead by the council and Anderson (or if you where a spacer Shepards mom) where they uncover a statue of Shepard next to the krogan statue.
The speaker would rap up all the choices over the 3 games and how your actions affected the galaxy if you will be remembered as the human that broke the reaper cycle or as the human that united the races and gave them peace.
The ceremony would end with all leaders giving their highest medals of honor to the love interest and the either Anderson or Shepards mom gave her sons/daughters dogtags to the love interest.

After that it would be a little scene with how the love interest will remember you (Liara telling her little small blue children about how her and their father met for the first time on Therum or a pregnant Ashley being reflecting over how she and her skipper first met on eden prime and how you changed her and how hard it would be to continue without you raising your child all alone but that she would make sure that she would raise it up to be a splitting image of you)

That is at least how I would have written it, it's far from perfect but it would have been the ending I wanted the series to end on.

Davatehi

Dec 23, 2010
Shepard jumps inte to beam of light but the Crucible was a lie. The reapers continue to destroy the earth and harvest every living being.

Then when everything seems lost and all hope have faded...

PEWPEWPEWPEWPEW!
PEWPEWPEWPEWPEW!

w00tage

Feb 8, 2010
I want to meet Bioware's quality of storytelling all the way, so this - http://www.gamegrene.com/node/714

"Rocks fall, everyone dies"

GameChanger

Sep 5, 2011
People are sad about the mass relays' destruction, because it means there won't be a ME game after this one, but that honestly isn't my main disappointment with the ending. The worst thing is the motivation of the Reapers. "To stop you from getting killed by synthetics, we have synthetics to kill you, making sure you don't get killed by synthetics." That is lazy sci-fi writing, and one of the most clichéd MacGuffins since the birth of the genre. It had never been a main theme in Mass Effect until up to that point! You might say the Geth and all that, but to me it always felt like a minor conflict on the wayside. The Geth never really rebelled, they just fought back, and now it turns out that organic life has to be destroyed to make sure the Geth don't do that? And if the Crucible is as old as the reaper threat itself, and it has the power to wipe out synthetic life: why don't the Reapers refine this technology and use it every 50.000 years to wipe out the SYNTHETIC life, in stead of the ORGANIC life? It'd have saved them the trouble of hiding in dark space for such a long time.

Now I heard that in the leaked script it originally had to do with dark matter, so that leaves me with a lot of imagination.

"We need to stop advanced races, before they start fucking around with dark matter, because it will mess your galaxy up" Harbinger said, "you can either willingly merge with us, use the Crucible to blow us up and take the risk of destroying the universe, or sacrifice your mass relays to ensure the development of your technology will not reach the point of godhood."

That would be a real moral dilemma, and it would leave the reapers slightly more mysterious without sacrificing their image of all-powerful god-robots.

"What is so bad about dark matter?" "Should I take the risk?"

And some of you might remember the recruitment mission for Tali in Mass Effect 2? The dark matter thing had already been slightly hinted at before!

I am sure I am not the only one who sees the incredible loss of a potentially worthy ending to Mass Effect, yet Bioware didn't grab this chance.

Still, I cried when Mordin died.

Blindrooster

Jul 13, 2009
Keep the ending exactly the same except add one more option;

Show the reapers the ending to Biowares Mass effect 3.

They reapers would be so upset that all their choices amounted to very little, and leave known space in depression.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
Y'know that part where Shepard looks down at his/her blood-drenched hand? Instead of going forward with what they did, fade to black before Hackett says anything, then fade back in on the Crucible firing like it does at the end, destroy option, without the destruction of the citadel or the relays, though come to think of it, a game set during the reconstruction would be rather interesting. Set up the villain as a crime boss or some such that takes advantage of the situation, some-such things happen, blah, blah, blah, you get the picture. So scratch that, the destruction of the relays isn't mandatory, but having them around would be nice. Though the Citadel not being destroyed is mandatory. No need for several billion tons of space station crashing down and destroying Earth. Then it plays as normal until it gets to the galaxy map lighting up. Then it stops there! No retarded scene with the Normandy trying to outrun the beam. No Stargazer. It just fades into the epilogue detailing the fates of the different races and key characters.

Poomermon

Aug 26, 2011
Just for fun: Mass Effect 3 - The Animal House Ending

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4iNJXrHA_I

Still better than the actual ending ;)

Scabadus

Wrote Some Words
Jul 16, 2009
An option to talk down god-boy would have been nice. Not simply by always choosing the top right conversation option (and it would have to to conveyed to the player somehow that this is a special conversation that's more than "do you want Paragon or Renegade points at the end of this?") but by actually choosing logical answers. If you'd made peace between the Quarrians and Geth just point up at their ships fighting side by side. If the Quarrians destroyed the Geth then tell the boy how we won the war with synthetics. Even if the Geth destroyed the Quarrians, argue it was because the Quarrians were too set in their ways; curing the genophage and promoting Wrex as the Krogan's leader would unlock an option saying that if the Krogan can change their ways and become peaceful, it's not a sure bet that EVERY race will react as short-sightedy and violently as the Quarriens.

As the boy faulter for a second you can pounce with another question, did the reapers actually ever let a race work out their differences? It's obvious that in the past there were wars, but did the synthetics ever actually win and start destroying ALL life? Did they even start the slow and brutal lprocess of destroying all intelligent life? Or was this simpy a projected outcome... you know, exactly like the genophage. And as Mordin says, it's not right to condem the race based on projections. Or as he put it, "Because I made a mistake!"

I'm sure there are (many) more possibilities, but I'm sure you can see how these various conversation options could be unlocked through playing and through resolving problems and conflicts in tha game. It's not only a pure paragon playthrough that unlocks them either; a renegade is determined to stop the reapers at any cost, that doesn't mean that can't take lessons learnt on their journey and apply them here. It could also unlock some bonus points by saying how humanity/organic life in general would be more than willing to anihilate synthetics in order to survive; they don't need the reapers saving them. Renegades would just find the conversation a little harder since you can't point up and go "look at the cooperation between races that's happening RIGHT NOW!"

Blazing Steel

Sep 22, 2008
Lets roll with the whole it's a dream thing for a minuet. If you picked the green one then Shepard is controlled by the reapers for the final battle. Shepard tell everyone the crusible is a bust and everyone goes out with a bang. Views from the head of each fleat blowing up and finally whats left of the Normady floating back to earth. Fade to credits.

If you picked controll then battle happens as per the dream, but the citidel is above earth not in London. You pick your 2 squad mates to join you while the rest of your team return to their respective ships. E.g. Tail, migrant fleet with the admirals, James with the admiral etc. leaving Joker and Edi to provide the fire support. Cortez then drops you at the citidel but is taken down while returning to the Normady. You haul ass through the citidel, people running everywhere giving a quick nod to bailey on the way. Meet up with Jacob and Miranda (if she's alive) trying to stop a full indoctinated TIM, (he looks like a hench brute in my art book). You kill him but Jacob dies when he saves Shepard some how. Then you find out that TIM fucked up the crusible plan and you're left to watch as the fleets above you get destroyed. As the Normady floats towards earth Shepard amits he fails. Fad to credits.

If you picked destroy then it functions a lot like control but when you kill TIM then you set up the crusible and set it to fire. If you have under <5000 war assest then you see 2 team member that you didn't bring getting blown up. Then have the Normady banged up and show Edi and Joker hold hands as he crashes the Normady into a reaper. Back to Shepard doing a speech on earth saying how the galaxy had lost a lot but it at least life continues. Fad to credits. If you had more than 5000 war assets then everyone survives (except Cortez and Jacob because someone's gonna die at the end). Then picture of each home planet and how they're recovering. Ranoch (Geth/Quarian planet) show them working together or one species advancing, Asari home word being rebuilt with Liara, Tuchuka looking beautiful as Krogan are allowed to breed etc. Then I don't know, get the crew to have a big group photo in London or something. Fade to credits.

You see I just came up with that crap and I already prefer it to the current ending. Oh and all the realay survive cause that was a stupid idea.

EDIT: Just relized I kinda rewrote the endings. Oh well.

awesomeClaw

Aug 17, 2009
If you brokered peace between the Geth and the Quarians, maybe we could have a pet the dog moment, where Tali has settled on Rannoch when a Geth comes up to her. She asks it what it wants and it answers: "Nothing. I(notice the I) merely wished to see what became of you. Creator-Zorah." The two then share a hug. (The implication being that the Geth is Legion. Oh sure, it´s a little bit of a plothole as to why he didn´t do that earlier if he could, but come on. Tell me it isn´t heartwarming?)

White-Death

Oct 31, 2011
One ending will be the 'Ultra happy ending' with max war assets, high readiness, etc..

Right so, Shepard uses the Crucible to destroy the reapers in his dream, which he fell into after,say, a reaper blew up a building he was in.
Two squad members with whom you have had a high relationship rating(Basically, your bestest fwend(s) or your huggy wuggy wuv interest)
Pull you out of the rubble & drag your ass to a crashed Alliance ship, where a wounded Anderson(If you saved his ass from TIM) & two other high-relationship squad members are waiting.
You slap on some medi-gel, new armor, and gear yourself up,and help the Alliance forces fight some Reapers.
All things go to hell on the attack, So you run back to the Normandy with your tail between your legs.You can talk to some of your crew-members briefly & tell them about the dream on the Citadel, and the path you chose in your dream, the god child, etc...
Just as Admiral Hackett mobilizes the fleets & Anderson Mobilizes the ground forces, for a last ditch attack, EDI hatches a plan.Use the old Reaper IFF hidden aboard the Normandy from ME2, and use it on the Crucible's targeting system to direct the pulse only at Reaper signatures.
When the Reapers are destroyed, everyone find the mass relays stop working, they don't explode; they just..Stop.
If you had Javik from the 'From Ashes' DLC, & you have a good relationship with him, he will project a schematic for a ship drive core using the parts from a mass relay...
Then theres there are several cut-scenes showing Krogan Schildrens frolicking with Rachni,The quarians & geth rebuilding the planet, happy happy rainbows, etc....

Acton Hank

Nov 19, 2009
Personally, I would have kept everything the same up until and just taken out the god child from the story, then based on your EMS it could vary between:

Worst case scenario: Shepard dies from his wounds before he can activate the crucible, the reapers destroy the crucible and the cycle continues...

Best case scenario: Shepard activates the crucible and kills the reapers before passing out from his wounds, if he got 5000 EMS or whatever, he wakes up in a hospital bed with a doctor telling him that they got to him just in time, Shepard then looks around to see his squadmates from ME3 and ME2 all looking like they have been through hell and, if persued, his love interest in a bed right next to his, Shepard craks a smile and reaches for the love interest's hand, credits roll...

All scenarios in between...

Not exactly Shakespeare calibre writing but, hey, I think MOST of us can agree that it's more satisfying than what we actually got

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I've decided that whenever I enter a Mass Effect 3 ending thread I'll sum up my feelings on the current overload of talk about it.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH