Man-child claims to have bought all the Rosalina Amiibos to spite her fans.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
I've seen hatred spread before, but never with this much resource management and dedication. I applaud him for the heights he's reaching.

Zontar said:
It's not just being a dick, it's illegal for just this reason.
It is? how? Why hasn't that stopped him?

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Shadowstar38 said:
Zontar said:
It's not just being a dick, it's illegal for just this reason.
It is? how? Why hasn't that stopped him?
Scalping (which he admits to doing with many of the Amiibos he has bought) is illegal here in Canada (where he lives). It being illegal has never stopped anyone, but it makes the act more then just being a dick like he has been.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
busterkeatonrules said:
On a positive note, he'll most likely single-handedly make those figures successful enough that Nintendo decides to churn out more of them for the rest of us!
Unfortunately that only works for localized purchases, so at best he's increased the number we will be getting here in Canada, though it's far more likely to only have an increase in his metropolitan area, maybe his whole province if he's living in one of the Maritime provinces.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
RaikuFA said:
tf2godz said:
SNCommand said:
The fact that people are getting angry because some loser is buying all the toys is hilarious
not really angry more mystified. This man wasted so much money for something that will only work for a month at the most.
He's apparently gonna try the same thing with every more modern Nintendo character.

seriously, If he want to give money to people out of spite have at it. I'm just going to pick up the piece of my brain now.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Nintendonuggets page (where this story comes from) for this does not exist anymore. o_O

Ryallen

Will never say anything smart
Feb 25, 2014
Not to be an immature prick, but this reminds me of when Yahtzee gave us his true feelings about Sonic 06, eventually saying that he thinks this game was created to add people to the government's depopulation list. Kinda makes me wish that it was a thing. Because seriously, this is just dumb. Like, levels of stupidity. Monumental levels of stupidity. I saw 10 seconds of his videos. He makes his voice crack in an attempt to sound like a spoiled *****. His entire channel is a troll channel. He dedicates his life to attempting to troll. Why has the government not put him down yet? Do us all a favor.

KazeAizen

Jul 17, 2013
Zontar said:
KazeAizen said:
SNCommand said:
The fact that people are getting angry because some loser is buying all the toys is hilarious
Its the principle behind it. I hate people like this. Always have always will. "Oh a limited edition PS4 with a paint job resembling the PS1 is going to be made? I'll buy two or three or maybe even just one and flip it for 1000s just because I want to be a dick." Yes, Its not "business" Its just flat being a dick at that point. You've destroyed at least one person's shot at owning something that they would actually use and cherish simply so you could make a quick short term buck, or in this particular case just to spite them. This kind of flipping culture in the game industry is not business, nor will it ever be. Its just people being dicks to be dicks with get rich quick schemes taken straight from Cartman.
It's not just being a dick, it's illegal for just this reason. I hate people like this on principle, mainly because I've lost out on more then a few things I'd like to have bought because of people like that.
I haven't read if its illegal here in in the U.S. but God I wish it was. At times like these I wish the Justice Lords Philosophy was a real world philosophy. "If you want people to obey the big laws you got enforce the small ones." That might be a bit of an extreme for just a piece of video game plastic and I'm well aware of that. However that particular "these dicks need to burn" cauldron has been bubbling recently and just finally boiled over. If I never get a Rosalina figure I'll at least have one person to blame for it.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
KazeAizen said:
Zontar said:
KazeAizen said:
SNCommand said:
Its the principle behind it. I hate people like this. Always have always will. "Oh a limited edition PS4 with a paint job resembling the PS1 is going to be made? I'll buy two or three or maybe even just one and flip it for 1000s just because I want to be a dick." Yes, Its not "business" Its just flat being a dick at that point. You've destroyed at least one person's shot at owning something that they would actually use and cherish simply so you could make a quick short term buck, or in this particular case just to spite them. This kind of flipping culture in the game industry is not business, nor will it ever be. Its just people being dicks to be dicks with get rich quick schemes taken straight from Cartman.
It's not just being a dick, it's illegal for just this reason. I hate people like this on principle, mainly because I've lost out on more then a few things I'd like to have bought because of people like that.
I haven't read if its illegal here in in the U.S. but God I wish it was. At times like these I wish the Justice Lords Philosophy was a real world philosophy. "If you want people to obey the big laws you got enforce the small ones." That might be a bit of an extreme for just a piece of video game plastic and I'm well aware of that. However that particular "these dicks need to burn" cauldron has been bubbling recently and just finally boiled over. If I never get a Rosalina figure I'll at least have one person to blame for it.
Some states it is illegial but only for sports events.

NPC009

Don't mind me, I'm just a NPC
Aug 23, 2010
What a dick. This prospector's mentality is ruining what should be a fun and affordable collectible for young and old fans alike. Well, I hope Nintendo keeps producing old Amiibo for years to come so guys like this will get their money back at best.

Haerthan

Mar 16, 2014
DementedSheep said:
He hates this character so much he's going to make them even more profitable. Brilliant plan!
Genius I tell you. Such genius must be rewarded. With a swift kick in the nads. Never let it be said that Haerthan does not hand out prizes. Now who wants a kick in the nads?

KisaiTenshi

Mar 6, 2014
RaikuFA said:
Some states it is illegial but only for sports events.
I think this is confusing two different things. Buying every product X from every retailer, harms nobody. If someone wants to be a dick, they would buy all the items, set them on fire while streaming it on the internet. The person in question is closer to the latter than the former.

As it is the Amiibo's aren't really high quality to begin with. Take a very close look the next time you're in Gamestop, Walmart, Target, etc and notice all the minor paint and mold defects. So I'd think the collectability for the average person is at most, one per person.

And having worked at the toy-section of a store before, if you really want something before it's picked over by the losers looking to flip things, you need to work at the store and pick-over it before it ends up on the shelf. This is also why they restock stuff on the shelf in the middle of the day instead of before it opens. Those people you see putting things on eBay... they likely work at the retail stores.

As far as legality, as long as the item is paid for, it's fair game. Employees have been known to simply not put things on the shelf that they want to buy themselves, and many management people don't care until it causes problems for inventory management.

AuronFtw

Nov 29, 2010
San Martin said:
Who's Rosalia? What's an Amiibo? OP, you gots to clarify these things!
Some character from some game nobody likes but is powerful/high tiered in brawl 2.0, and an obvious, lazy, anti-consumer cash-grab from a company so scared of trying new things all they can make are boring, tired rehashes of old games and old ideas and are suffering financially because of it.

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
Good, I hope more people try to break this broken system so Nintendo is forced to admit they made a mistake by trying to turn everything in an "OMG suuuuuper rare collectable!!". Seriously, they're as much scumbags as this guy is. Shame on them for purposely making everything so rare that wealthy people can easily do stuff like this.

The Majora's Mask thing selling out within the hour it was announced was the last straw. Why make a product that only people not at work or school on one particular day could possibly get?

Prince of Ales

Nov 5, 2014
Guy sounds like a gibbering fanatical hook-wielding hate-preacher. Cool. But what's an "Amiibos"? No idea what that is.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
I watched some of those videos posted in the thread, and WOW. (It's like the Youtube comments section before you even scroll down.) This guy needs some serious help, now. He really is another Chris Chan, someone who's mental health and well being has been ignored. And now, the internet has given him the ability to attack those he thinks are out against. Which, in turn, gets people to really lash out against him, creating fustercluck cycle. (All that money he supposedly makes off selling these better go towards autism research and awareness, because the world doesn't need more neglected people like him and Chris Chan.) (Of course, this could just be a sinister ruse to get publicity so desperate people know who has that hot merchandise the stores don't.)

BTW, hey, Nintendo, why don't you start selling tickets to some concerts or other shows. Since you're apparently cool with your limited items not getting into the fans' hands at retail price, maybe selling something more regulated by some states and provinces will oust those scalpers unfamiliar with ticket scalping (and screw them with a nice hefty fine).

Seriously though, we need a functional system to limit the crazies and the profiteers from clearing out stock. This guy said he got friends and family to loan him credit cards to buy all of these Amiibos. Whether true or not, it's too easy to buy up things like this.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
It is a dick move, sure, but he is well within his right to spend £1000s on toys. I'm sure that Nintendo doesn't really mind.

That being said though, what the hell is his beef with Rosalina?