Man Kidnaps, Ransoms His Son-in-Law for an Xbox 360

dibblywibbles

Mar 20, 2009
Priceless. I mean that's totally what I would've done. I can't believe they're going to jail for kidnapping! they gave him back once he got them an xbox(sweet deal! beat someone up lock him away and get a sweet game machine!). Now I know what to do if my xbox ever breaks. kidnap someone, lock him in my shed until he finds a way to get me an xbox. I'll accuse them of stealing my tv first, so I'm totally justified in my shed lockup though. I'm no dummy.

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
Gildan Bladeborn said:
Rigs83 said:
Gildan Bladeborn said:
What is this I don't even.

But seriously, is "Especially Aggravated Kidnapping" a real thing? I mean, I know that "aggravated" is a legitimate qualifier when describing criminal acts ('aggravated assault' for instance), but especially? Certainly fits though!
It becomes aggravated the moment physical harm is committed, for example if I point a gun at you and say get into the car then I am kidnapping you ( and using a deadly weapon so that has other charges but let's stay on point) but while kidnapping you I smack you with the gun it becomes aggravated kidnapping and perhaps assault with a deadly weapon.
Right, I get that - I was just curious what would constitute especially aggravated kidnapping; it strikes me as kind of a funny way to classify things, but it's evidently a real thing and not the (partial) joke I thought it might have been.
Lawyers like to make things litigious.

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
I think they should've sent in a SWAT team and made sure they'd be shot upon first sight during the raid. The gene pool needs culling.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
I....the...but...hwa?

I don't think my brain can actually process the information contained in this news post. It's just too ungodly stupid for me to fathom.

I mean, I get beating up the guy who stole from you, fine. I get demanding he pay you back. But ransoming him for an Xbox? Seriously?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
What the Hell? There's so many things wrong with this whole mess I don't know what to say.

It's like something you'd see in a sitcom.

LitleWaffle

Jan 9, 2010
spartan231490 said:
Shycte said:
All they need is to die and we have the winner for the 2011 Darwin Awards.
NO, just no. yes, what these men did was stupid, but Darwin awards go to people who are much, much more stupid. I'm sorry, but this isn't even in the same league as bungee-jumping with a chain instead of a bungee cord, or repositioning lion cubs while on safari for a better photo op, or kicking a bear in the crotch to decide if it is male or not.
Oh my god I love the one where the guy kicks the bear in the crotch! I read that one in school and couldn't stop laughing for 15 minutes.

OT: When I read the title...

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
With all do respect, the 360 really didn't require mention.

The way it's titled it makes it sound like they kidnapped they guy for the XBox, when in truth it had surprisingly little to do with anything.

Also fuck Captcha if it thinks I'm going to look up special marks on the Character map.

Sean Strife

Jan 29, 2010
...what is it with people in my neck of the woods being absolutely fucking stupid?

Seriously, Kingsport is like a few hours from me, not to mention that story a while back about the guy robbing the Gamestop via tunnel was in Johnson City, which ALSO isn't that far from me... reminds me how true this joke is.

"Why do Tennesseans always wear orange?"
"They need a color they can wear to the football game on Saturday, hunting on Sunday, and picking up trash on the side of the road the rest of the week."

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
Eri said:
spartan231490 said:
Shycte said:
All they need is to die and we have the winner for the 2011 Darwin Awards.
NO, just no. yes, what these men did was stupid, but Darwin awards go to people who are much, much more stupid. I'm sorry, but this isn't even in the same league as bungee-jumping with a chain instead of a bungee cord, or repositioning lion cubs while on safari for a better photo op, or kicking a bear in the crotch to decide if it is male or not.
I have to agree with this.
Eri, your avatar pretty much sums up my reaction to this article =P

Perhaps they should make up a new kind of reward for this sort if thing. Stupid criminals, I mean.