Man Kills Three Brothers For Stealing X-Box

The Hairminator

How about no?
Mar 17, 2009
[blockquote]
A 33-year-old Louisiana man is in police custody after authorities say he shot and killed three brothers with an assault rifle because he thought they stole his X-Box gaming system.

Marcus Reed of Caddo Parish was arrested Tuesday after police responded to reports of gunfire.

Authorities found three brothers, 20-year-old Jerimiah,20-year-old Jarquis and 13-year-old Jean Adams---all dead from multiple gunshot wounds.

Police say Reed hid in the woods with an SKS rifle by his ex-girlfriend's home where the boys were visiting, after hearing that the young men had previously stolen his video game console.

When the brothers pulled into the woman's driveway, Reed reportedly opened fire in what's been described as a "scene not unlike what you would see in a violent TV show."

Caddo Parish Sheriff Steve Prator held a news conference on the shooting and described his disgust over the event saying,

"No amount of patrol cars could have stopped this. The only thing that could have stopped this is if he wasn't born. I've been doing this 37 years and looking at bodies, and it gets old."

Deputies say there is no evidence that the brothers stole the gaming system.

Reed has been charged with three counts of first degree murder.

/Source with video[/blockquote]
What do you think? Obviously we are not getting the whole picture here, and I suspect there will always be whackjobs. Nonetheless, I suspect this will only be more ammunition for certain individuals in society who actively seek to undermine gaming and its culture.

The Hairminator

How about no?
Mar 17, 2009
FargoDog said:
The Hairminator said:
Police say Reed hid in the woods with an SKS rifle by his ex-girlfriend's home where the boys were visiting.
And this is what makes me sceptical that it was just about a games console. Doesn't it seem more likely it might have something to do with his ex-girlfriend?
Naahhh, he was just a VERY serious and non-casual gamer.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
FargoDog said:
The Hairminator said:
Police say Reed hid in the woods with an SKS rifle by his ex-girlfriend's home where the boys were visiting.
And this is what makes me sceptical that it was just about a games console. Doesn't it seem more likely it might have something to do with his ex-girlfriend?
I was thinking the same thing. Either way, it's just another reason for the media to ***** about violent games and their effects on people.

This story wouldn't even surface if they thought the kids stole his tv or were having their way with his ex-girlfriend.

Ha. First 3 people already quoted you. Have fun with your in-box on this one :)

Tearopenthelives

May 15, 2008
I dare say that this one will get some focus into the fact that his xbox was stolen, even though you oculd argue it was the underlying effect of having his possesion stolen

Not that I suggest it was justified or that the boys stole it, it just seems as though the title "Man Kills Three Brothers For Stealing X-Box" seems as though it would have been Man "Kills Three Brothers For Stealing" had it been a car or perhaps a simple robbery of his house or something.

Still I guess people hear what they want to hear

Xojins

Jan 7, 2008
I don't buy that at all; no one kills three kids (with an assault rifle, mind you) just because of an Xbox.

The Hairminator

How about no?
Mar 17, 2009
Xojins said:
I don't buy that at all; no one kills three kids (with an assault rifle, mind you) just because of an Xbox.
Just because you wouldn't, doesn't mean it's like that for everyone.
[small]damn fine machines, they are[/small]

I agree, however. I doubt the xbox was the real reason.

Thedayrecker

Jun 23, 2010
Too much Grand Theft Auto....

In all seriosuness, he shouldn't get away with this, but he probably will, based on some law that says you can kill thieves.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
Ya there's most likely alot more to this story. All 3 of his brothers are at his ex girlfriend's place? ... That has to be explained in a little more detail to remove itself from being the motive.

Okuu_Fusion

Jul 14, 2010
A 360 is not really a good reason to off anyone... Instead of wasting money on a SKS rifle, maybe buy yourself a backup 360...

MagicMouse

Dec 31, 2009
New title should be as follows:

"Man kills 3 people because he is a psycho and they were with his EX."

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
Just wait for every single anti gaming website to pick this up. I can even see the headlines "VIDEO GAMES 'CAUSE DEATH OF 4! EXPERTS NOW SPEAK UP AGAINST THE DISEASE THAT IS GAMING!"

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
When these stories get out why does it always revolve around a Xbox rather than a Wii or PS3 or Sega Megadrive?

Am I saying that Xbox 360's are designed with a built in toxic gas that Microsoft with eventually unleash turning us all into rabid rage filled zombies so we wipe out the competition and these people are experiencing small leakages turning them psychotic?

...Maybe...

The Hairminator

How about no?
Mar 17, 2009
SomeBritishDude said:
When these stories get out why does it always revolve around a Xbox rather than a Wii or PS3 or Sega Megadrive?

Am I saying that Xbox 360's are designed with a built in toxic gas that Microsoft with eventually unleash turning us all into rabid rage filled zombies so we wipe out the competition and these people are experiencing small leakages turning them psychotic?

...Maybe...
I think you may be on to something. The Gas system in the PS3 seems to be more secure, only diverting rage to other platforms. The Xbox's system suffers from its usual inferior quality and leaks until you're mad at everything.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
SomeBritishDude said:

...Maybe...
Perhaps thats why I've become less violent after 2 months away from my Xbox...

Oh man! We must warn everyone!

OT: I honestly doubt it was just because of the xbox he shot three people. But I'll bet games will be blamed, as usual.