Man Loses Finger in iPad Robbery

Agrael

Jul 16, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Well, he still has part of it, right? And he admits that his purchase will be junk.

Never buy the first gen of a product, anyway.

Anyway...I hope the thieves feel really bad. And their iPad breaks.
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD!

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Magnalian said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Well, he still has part of it, right? And he admits that his purchase will be junk.

Never buy the first gen of a product, anyway.

Anyway...I hope the thieves feel really bad. And their iPad breaks.
You can't blame the man for wanting shiny gadgets, he's not the one at fault here.
Especially since he was buying it for a friend in Canada [http://network.nationalpost.com/NP/blogs/posted/archive/2010/04/20/man-loses-part-of-finger-in-ipad-robbery.aspx]. His tech preferences aren't so much irrelevant as so far out of the arena of discussion that they shouldn't have been brought up in the first place.

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
People have been murdered over running shoes, and this shocks people? Cripes.

Though honestly it does freak me out a bit, I tend to wrap plastic bags around my hand like that myself :/

PiggyGamer

Jul 22, 2009
This is a truly horrible thing to have happen, but I can't help but wonder what the poor guy was thinking when the thief(ves?) was pulling on the bag wrapped around his finger(s).

I mean, if I was in the same situation, things probably wouldn't have gone much differently, but thinking about it objectively...
If someone is pulling so hard that they're practically on the ground, why not stop resisting and actually push yourself towards the assailant? Doing so, he would probably fall over, you would be on top of him and perhaps able to talk some sense into/beat the crap out of him, and your fingers would be saved.

Again, in the heat of the moment, I probably wouldn't have thought of this, either...

I learned a lesson from this, though: never wrap bags around fragile extremities.

Vitor Goncalves

Mar 22, 2010
pantsoffdanceoff said:
That could be a good ad for Apple. "This shits so good people lose fingers over it."
I just pissed myself lol. IN other words thou, "this shit is so bad it makes people dumb" why tie it around your finger, don't say you didn't see that one coming.

Nikajo

Feb 6, 2009
Ouch, that really sucks. Not only did he lose an iPad but he lost a finger as well. The theif probably didn't realise he'd done that much damage. The more stories I hear of people getting mugged in broad daylight the more I feel this race needs a serious culling. Hope they catch the bastards.

On the plus side that's gonna stop me wrapping plastic bags around my fingers which is something I tend to do as well. Scary thought!

Sep 14, 2009
PrimoThePro said:
Enzeru92 said:
Wow in broad day light all i got to say is why didn't anyone try to help him out seriously
Ya this amazes me as well. No one? If I was there they would not have gotten away with it...
no shit, i would have flew at them like a rocket and done a flying kick to their back hoping their face gets smashed into the ground

*realistically* i would have probably ran into him pushing him over and tried to grab the bag away

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
Low Key said:
You know what would have prevented this? Guns.
It's attitudes like this that fuck up the world. Why don't we stock up on mininukes while we're at it?

OT: On reflection it's not the first time people have been killed or injured over anything popular. Twilight's claimed the life of at least one goldfish (which incidentally was owned by a little girl who said she didn't like the book) and Light knows how many humans have been grievously assaulted by rabid fantards.

I hope the thieves get the chair.

stabnex

Jun 30, 2009
He had it coming. Buying an Apple product is punishable by finger-loss.

OT: If only Kick-Ass had been there.... He could have gotten beaten up until the thieves were too exhausted to keep trying.

Sjakie

Feb 17, 2010
I know what happend to the Ipad:

[sub]well, at least that should have happend to it[/sub]

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
Finger Amputation?
There's an App for that.

OT: I usually wrap bags from the store around my fingers like that as well. I may stop doing that.

I hope they catch the douchebags that did this.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Bill Jordan:

"I hope you understand what you have done to me and to my family's life - for a simple piece of apparatus that will be junk in a couple of years."
That makes me feel guilty myself...

I feel sorry for the guy.

pwnzerstick

Mar 25, 2009
Well the ipad has made thievery more efficent, instead of haveing to steal four ipod touchs, they can just steal an ipad.

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
Looseing your Finger.

There's an App for that.

In all seriousness, this is just godawful, to think to what depths people will sink too, in order to simply get a hunk of plastic

Aurora219

Aug 31, 2008
Aptspire said:
why else would I have learned martial arts?
So you can steal IPads?

You horrible person.

I'm not misconstruing this, am I?

Joking aside, this seems all too easy to do these days. Stealing small(ish) items seems to be a career for some. Scary.