Man Of Steel Saddens General Zod

Amir Kondori

Apr 11, 2013
Revnak said:
Amir Kondori said:
This line:
"Marlon Brando was a pain to work with? My stars! That's just ... actually that's exactly what we expected."

Has nothing to do with what you quoted:
"Incredibly, [the producers] replaced all of Brando's stuff because he was trying to get a percentage that they had promised him," Stamp recalls."

Stamp said that Marlon was just trying to get paid what he was PROMISED! I guess to expect someone to hold up a contract is pretty "diva" though, huh?
The percentage he was "promised" was, adjusted for inflation, quite likely the very largest amount of money any human being has made per hour of work. He also did try and pull a whole lot of random bullshit that everybody had to put up with on top of his ridiculous salary. Marlon Brando was many things. Among them was a douchebag.
I am not disputing he was a douchebag, most movie stars are. I am pointing out that nothing in the quote justifies his following remarks.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
I liked the new Zod, it would have been really stupid to make the new Zod exactly like the old one.

And anyone who equates CGI with lacking emotion clearly hasn't seen many Pixar films.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
spwatkins said:
Subject7 said:
Did he even watch the movie?
He hadn't and indicated that he had no opinion good or bad about the movie. This article is basically trolling.
Correction, this headline is basically trolling.

The article is fine, but it's just a shitty headline

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Lionsfan said:
spwatkins said:
Subject7 said:
He hadn't and indicated that he had no opinion good or bad about the movie. This article is basically trolling.

The headline is basically accurate.

Not watching the movie doesn't mean he isn't saddened.

OlasDAlmighty said:
I liked the new Zod, it would have been really stupid to make the new Zod exactly like the old one.

And anyone who equates CGI with lacking emotion clearly hasn't seen many Pixar films.
Campy Zod in EmoSuperman movie wouldbe awesome.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
Lionsfan said:
spwatkins said:
Subject7 said:

The headline is basically accurate.

Not watching the movie doesn't mean he isn't saddened.
I guess it's *accurate*, but it's not really honest.

From the headline, and the intro blurb, I thought it was going to be about the ending, or the acting, or something related to the actual film.

Not Stamp just being disappointed with the way modern superhero movies are going

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Lionsfan said:

From the headline, and the intro blurb, I thought it was going to be about the ending, or the acting, or something related to the actual film.

Not Stamp just being disappointed with the way modern superhero movies are going
You inferred something that wasn't a given, so the headline is dishonest? That's a touch unfair to the author.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
Lionsfan said:

You inferred something that wasn't a given, so the headline is dishonest? That's a touch unfair to the author.
I and a few other people too. You have to admit the given headline was a bit misleading. I'm not trying to be mean to the author, I've written headlines and they suck, but this one isn't the best

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Lionsfan said:
I and a few other people too. You have to admit the given headline was a bit misleading. I'm not trying to be mean to the author, I've written headlines and they suck, but this one isn't the best
Other people improperly inferring something doesn't mean that the headline was dishonest.

This headline may not be "the best," but it's not inherently misleading.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
Lionsfan said:
Other people improperly inferring something doesn't mean that the headline was dishonest.

This headline may not be "the best," but it's not inherently misleading.
Fair enough, I guess dishonest isn't the best phrase to use, since it's implying an intent to mislead, which I don't think there was

Olrod

Feb 11, 2010
Now I have an image of General Zod dressed up in drag and mouthing the words to ABBA songs, to go along with that same image of Agent Elrond.

danimal1384

Sep 18, 2007
I totally understand his stance. The Donner movies are so iconic, as are the actors who portrayed the characters. For me, Reeve will always been my hero, Margot Kidder will be Louis, Gene will be Luthor, and Terrance Stamp is Zod. They have all done plenty of other things, some good, some bad. But I will always remember them most fondly from their work in Superman. And to have new versions of these characters... not just new actors basically doing the same portrayal as in Superman Returns... but actual new versions of these characters, as Stamp said, they are big boots to fill. I loved the movie myself, and I love the Donner films. I think that the new Zod has more depth, and is ultimately a very tragic villain who works very well in the movie he's in, possibly the best version. But when I think of Zod the character, of all iterations, I think of Terrance Stamp first. And in his position, to see people try to move past such an iconic version, it's sad. And it's a little sad for me too. But we can't stay in the past forever, the franchise needed to move forward, and I think they made a great first step.