Man Spends Three Years Walking to The End of The World (Of Minecraft)

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
hazabaza1 said:
...WHY
He's got like 300 episodes of this. They're (from what I can see) all half an hour long. It's just walking. Just walking. Who thinks this is a good idea, and who watches it?

Jayzuz.
Yeah...I really dont get stuff like this. I got a friend that for some reason got it into his head that he wanted to fill the entire grid on FFX. Just because.

This walking project is a lot worse than that...but honestly. If you're gonna make a goal of your own...why not make a more meaningful one, or a more fun one, or one where the time spent is at least entertaining. Why CHOOSE to grind something?

Mindboggling.

Two-A

Aug 1, 2012
tzimize said:
hazabaza1 said:
...WHY
He's got like 300 episodes of this. They're (from what I can see) all half an hour long. It's just walking. Just walking. Who thinks this is a good idea, and who watches it?

Jayzuz.
Yeah...I really dont get stuff like this. I got a friend that for some reason got it into his head that he wanted to fill the entire grid on FFX. Just because.

This walking project is a lot worse than that...but honestly. If you're gonna make a goal of your own...why not make a more meaningful one, or a more fun one, or one where the time spent is at least entertaining. Why CHOOSE to grind something?

Mindboggling.
dylanmc12 said:
Seinfield: The Minecraft Edition: 0.8% More Walking: 25% Off: I just learned what a colon was this morning from my wife: Her name is Maria: Fat.

See how boring this is making me? And I'm not even watching it.

Why would someone do this? Seriously. Why? Just... uuuuugh.... wwwaaaaaaaiii???

He's doing it for charity. He has reached over 250k in donations.

Also, don't diss on Seinfield.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
If it weren't for the charity thing ,this story probably would've had a vaguely Forrest Gump feel to it.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Two-A said:
tzimize said:
hazabaza1 said:
...WHY

Jayzuz.

Mindboggling.
dylanmc12 said:
Seinfield: The Minecraft Edition: 0.8% More Walking: 25% Off: I just learned what a colon was this morning from my wife: Her name is Maria: Fat.

See how boring this is making me? And I'm not even watching it.

Why would someone do this? Seriously. Why? Just... uuuuugh.... wwwaaaaaaaiii???

He's doing it for charity. He has reached over 250k in donations.

Also, don't diss on Seinfield
That makes even less sense to me. How could he earn money by doing something completely pointless (and imo pretty damn boring), and 250k???? I'll walk around in minecraft, np. Anyone wanna pay me 250k? I need a summer home :|

Two-A

Aug 1, 2012
tzimize said:
That makes even less sense to me. How could he earn money by doing something completely pointless (and imo pretty damn boring), and 250k???? I'll walk around in minecraft, np. Anyone wanna pay me 250k? I need a summer home :|
Well, if it was just him walking around in minecraft I might agree with you, but he also offers commentary, it's kind of like a podcast.

It's rather similar to Desert Bus for Hope in that respect, he takes something incredibly dull and carries it mostly on personality.

thewatergamer

Aug 4, 2012
Talk about dedication O_O

Then again pre cool youtuber and some of the footage was quite compelling and interesting suprisingly

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I can just imagine him finally reaching his goal and doing a Forrest Gump and saying:

"Well, I guess I'll go home."

Return from Far Lands or Bust!!

In all seriousness though, this does seem pretty interesting. AND he's doing it for charity.

Robert Marrs

Mar 26, 2013
Lots of people seem to be saying "the charity is the main reason he is doing it". Is that really true? Even if its not I don't think it would detract from the fact the he is giving money to charity but that seems like something people are just saying to drive home a point. Its much more likely he started to do this just because he felt like it or because he wanted to do something on youtube nobody else had. I'm just saying you shouldn't make assumptions like that just to be more right than somebody else.