Man Uses R2-D2 Replica to Help Sick Kids

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
internetzealot1 said:
The Force is strong with this one.
Best Comment I've Seen Today. Good on you.

OT: The second R2-D2 and sick-children and the word help comes in makes whoever made this a Hero.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
The Rogue Wolf said:
ThaBenMan said:
Paul Bussiere: +50 Light Side Points
Well, the guy spent five grand of his own money to put it together and then decided that the best use for his investment was to cheer up sick children on his own time... maybe we can bump that up to 100?
Yep! I'd vote for +100 light side points, he earned it!

Mr. Grey

I changed my face, ya like it?
Aug 31, 2009
This guy is the new Patch Adams!

Now if he can build C-3PO and have them both go through a conversation that would be perfect.

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
This warms my heart.

Seriously, it's nice to know there's some decent people on this planet.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Man deserves a gold medal for this.
Too bad I'm too old to get sick and a visit from R2D2 :(

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
That is just plain brilliant. I know some hospitals already have clowns visiting sick children to make them feel better but R2-D2 trumps clowns any day!

This guy has heart.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
I would love to own that, lol.

Makes me wisgh I was still a child again at times!

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
The_root_of_all_evil said:
See George? This is how you make Star Wars awesome again. Use the Force to help kids, not to sell them awful media.
Everyone knows that Lucas was drawn to the darkside of selling out years ago.

He's more machine now than man; twisted and evil.

Soushi

Jun 24, 2009
See, see! there is hope for humanity (or at least some of it)
Some guy does what he loves, and now uses it to help other.
YOu sir, are awesome, two thumbs up!

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
Kollega said:
This is one of those heartwarming things that you simply cannot resist.
I completely agree. This is an absolutely wonderful thing that he's done for those kids. If I'd been sick and in a hospital, seeing R2-D2 come through the door would have made my day week year. Hell, it still would.

The campaign for an award starts here!

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Kuchinawa212 said:
The Rogue Wolf said:
ThaBenMan said:
Paul Bussiere: +50 Light Side Points
Well, the guy spent five grand of his own money to put it together and then decided that the best use for his investment was to cheer up sick children on his own time... maybe we can bump that up to 100?
Yep! I'd vote for +100 light side points, he earned it!
Sure! It's been a long time since I've played a KOTOR game - I figured 50 was a lot to get at once. But 100 works too - he definitely deserves it!

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
bobknowsall said:
Okay, everyone say it with me: D'awwww...

This is possibly the most heartwarmingly nerdy thing I have ever come across (and I'm not using "nerdy" in a pejorative sense), and I wish this guy well in his future endeavours. Because, well, what he's doing is just plain brilliant. :)
d'awwww...

(lol first thing that popped into my head before seeing your comment haha)

JDMNCC1969

Mar 23, 2010
Paul is a friend of mine. I have seen this project from the first days he was playing with drawings of it. The article is great. But it doesn't go far enough to describe the effect Pau's R2-D2 has on the people that see it.

I believe Paul introduced his R2-D2 to the public was last Halloween (2009). People came in waves to see it. They ran out of candy from all the Trick or Treat 'ers that came for a peek at the little movie star. I went to a local store for more candy to hand out, and discovered parents at the store were telling other parents to go by this house because 'this guy has a real R2-D2."

Parents brough their kids for pictures with it. Most of the parents barely remember the first Star Wars movie in the theaters and most of the kids were not born yet. Everyone that came by was awed with the metal movie star. The looks on the kids faces was nothing short of magic. These were neighborhood kids, and the effect was powerful. I can only imagine the effect on kids stuck in a hospial. This goes well beyond a good thing. It's more like something -- special.

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
R2-D2 invented in real life?

what's next? the invention of hyperdrive? lightsabers? political ties with aliens?

Icecoldcynic

Oct 5, 2009
That thing is so damn awesome it seems worth putting some kid into hospital just to request it. Okay that sounds really bad but i would love to see it!