Manchester England Police Tweeting Every Distress Call Today

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
i see a-lot of stolen phones and abandon calls

found a funny one

Call 384 report of man holding baby over bridge - police immediately attended and it was man carrying dog that doesn't like bridges #gmp24

Somethingfake

Oct 22, 2008
Hmm, another way for them to tell us they have released a dangerous serial killer or paedophile onto the streets and that they'd rather fill in paperwork than catch and bang up criminals I guess.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Jonesy911 said:
I dont really like the police, they're like the governments own private army that pretends to like you but then the moment you do something the government doesn't like the police are "forced" to arrest you.
You don't like the police because they stop people from breaking laws (or catch them when they have)?

These reasons are getting dumber as they go along.

Defective_Detective

Jul 26, 2010
Somethingfake said:
Hmm, another way for them to tell us they have released a dangerous serial killer or paedophile onto the streets and that they'd rather fill in paperwork than catch and bang up criminals I guess.
Sorry, but that's the kind of stupid opinion I can't stand.

Firstly, the Police don't "release serial killers or paedophiles onto the streets". The Police are responsible for arresting and putting suspects before the courts. Then it's out of thier hands. It's the Crown Prosecution Service and the Prison Service that are responsible for allowing recidivist criminals back on the streets.

And the ridiculous amounts of paperwork are forced upon them by Home Office and senior officers. You honestly think Policemen and women join up to fill in forms?

EDIT:

OT, this is a good initiative. It allows people to see for themselves all the nonsense that our Police have to put up with day to day.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
"call 1493 possible bogus callers in Wigan"

"call 1521 Harrassing text messages, Wigan"

Possibly connected?

Also:

"call 1475 request for a PCSO to attend the area to deal with youths causing annoyance in Bury"

"call 1530 a complaint of antisocial behaviour by youths in Withington"

I kind of what to know what 'causing annoyance' and 'antisocial behaviour' means to the police.

albear

May 18, 2009
lol my local police :D

fair play to them trying to be all 'down with the kidz' or showing the public they they are aware of the problems and are going to do something about it

but tbh it seems like a big fail

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Greg Tito said:
Manchester England Police Tweeting Every Distress Call Today
We were checking it out earlier: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.238633-Follow-the-Police

You missed this beauty:

Call 613 silent 999 call received - baby playing with phone. Call handler gave advice

And this strangely worded one.

Call 605 officers to deliver a death message
Delivering death messages is considered one of the most difficult tasks a police officer can be assigned to. It means that the officer must contact the family of a murder/accident victim, and explain to them that Dad won't be coming home.

Jonesy911

Jul 6, 2009
Woodsey said:
Jonesy911 said:
I dont really like the police, they're like the governments own private army that pretends to like you but then the moment you do something the government doesn't like the police are "forced" to arrest you.
You don't like the police because they stop people from breaking laws (or catch them when they have)?

These reasons are getting dumber as they go along.
Obviously I think that the idea of 'police'is good but its just that a lot of the laws they uphold don't make a lot of sense to me, for example why is pot illegal?. I know that they aren't the ones thinking up the laws but they are the ones enforcing them.

In the end I would rather have the police we have now than none at all but I do think that the police we have now are signifcantly flawed, but then again so are most things :L

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
GonzoGamer said:
Are they allowed to do that?
This wouldn't go over well in America.
Unless it's something sensitive, police records are essentially public. Many police departments do something similar in the US, either published in local papers or online. Here's an example [http://www.springsgov.com/units/police/policeblotter.asp].

Feb 13, 2008
busterkeatonrules said:
Delivering death messages is considered one of the most difficult tasks a police officer can be assigned to. It means that the officer must contact the family of a murder/accident victim, and explain to them that Dad won't be coming home.
Oh...

That message.

Yeah...sorry, didn't get what it was from the context.

Doc Theta Sigma

Jan 5, 2009
This is what our police do since we have no gun crime. Or organised crime. They get called out for absolutely anything.

IckleMissMayhem

Oct 18, 2009
Anyone clocked the pseudo-tweets? Far, far more entertaining than finding out what the Manc-brigade are up to... http://twitter.com/gmp24_0 I like the
Call 054 - Manchester has been stolen. Phoning Liverpool Police. #gmp24
- although why would Liverpool want Manc? heh.

Doc Theta Sigma said:
This is what our police do since we have no gun crime. Or organised crime. They get called out for absolutely anything.
Please, please tell me you're extracting the bodies' liquid waste...

Egitor

Jan 28, 2010
And here we were all worrying about the robot revolution, while meanwhile there's a sandbag uprising starting in the streets!