Manga Suggestions?

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
I would like some manga suggestions if

I'd prefer if there were some ongoing manga, just so I have a new manga update every day, but frankly that's not a huge deal. I'm into action, fantasy, martial arts e.t.c. Just not a fan of harem, the Gou-Dere Bishoujo Nagihara Sora listing is a massive exemption from my usual disliking of comedy/harem. Below are just the mangas listed in my

Cromatie high school
Blue Exorcist (Ao no excorcist)
Bleach
Deadman Wonderland
Pumpkin Scissors
Eyeshield 21
Rave Master
Gou-Dere Bishoujo Nagihara Sora
Sun-Ken Rock
Rosario+Vampire
The Breaker (and new waves)
Veritas (Wasn't a massive fan of this, but still good enough)
Full Metal Alchemist

Not a fan of Harem, or romance by its self. Rosario, and Gou-Dere Bishoujo Nagihara Sora are the only exemptions to my usually blanket generalized dislike of harems. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Anime added to my to read list
_____

Berserk
Vinland Saga
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Parasyte
Blade of the immortal
Devil Man
Guyver

___

Any manga similar to The Breaker, or any comedies, or anything like hellsing? It'd be good for something more like that to go with the manga I've already selected.

Pappytech

Invested all my Souls into Res
Jun 7, 2011
Why is One Piece not on your list? Because One Piece is freaking awesome.

Would also recommend Vinland Saga. Although, it's only a monthly release... sad face.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
I second One Piece, and raise you Dragon Ball. No, not Dragon Ball Z, the original which had plenty of action and a fair bit of funny too.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
AS odd as this probably sounds, I used to watch the anime for onepiece, and didn't know where I left off. Essentially I'd have to go through hundreds of manga chapters to find where I stopped watching one piece, and pick it up with manga chapters. I've also already seen all the Dragon Balls until the end of Z that is.

Also, 3 Captchas in a row, jesus christ I've been here for almost 2 years I'm not a spam bot :|

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Kahunaburger said:
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. I don't like 99% of manga and I love that series.
Doesn't look like a *****, so it's added to my to read list.

(Still looking for some suggestions if possible)

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Blade of the immortal, it has action, fantasy, some martial arts and a lot of swordfights, i really love the art style and the story is pretty good, but i haven't seen any new releases in a while. It should keep you occupied for a while if you are interested.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
I shall name 4 and 4 only.

1. Fist of the North Star (no not the crappy film, the manga)
2. Guyver (the older ones were better in my eyes but they did a more up to date series which wasn't bad)
3. Devil Man .... just because
4. Akira .... it's Akira it needs no reason.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
You could check out Fairy Tale, it's done by the same person who did Rave Master and has a lot of pretty awesome battles.

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
Parasyte (Kiseijuu) - A really great manga about alien parasites coming to Earth and invading some humans. One of them fails and only manages to invade the arm of a high schooler. And then the guy starts fighting against other parasites. The story is quite deep, prepare yourself for some gore, though

Akumetsu - It's about a guy killing off "bad" politicians by dying along with them. Hard to explain without spoiling anything. There's much talk about politics, though.

Code:Breaker - Also a vigilante theme. Can't say I enjoyed it but maybe you'll like it. It's about a guy who gets a power from some kind of organization to kill criminals.

Togari - Didn't found it that great, either but it's somewhat similar to the stuff you've been reading. A boy from medieval Japan who got beheaded for his crimes gets a second chance to fight demons in today's world.

20th Century Boys - Just read up on that, I'm too lazy to summarise that :p The only bad thing about this manga is the ending.

And if you want to go one step further, there's always Monster.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Alright updated my list, and grabbed the ones that seemed compelling and or interesting.

I appreciate it, if you have any comedies, or mangas like hellsing, go ahead and post here. I appreciate it greatly :)

I'm hoping this list can last me a couple months hence me asking as much as I can for manga suggestions.

RedMagic

Feb 16, 2011
I'd like to recommend the manga "Emma". A classic romance story set in Victorian London (a very well-drawn London). It's one of the most aesthetically pleasing art styles I've seen (gotta love cross-hatching techniques).