Manic Pixie Dream Girl

Dragoon

Jan 19, 2010
So I guess the past story arc is just gone now? Oh well nice to see the old Erin back again.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
Well you've certainly got the Manic part down cold. And you wonder why people push you out of windows.
Needs to work on the pixie part a bit.

captcha: filthy dirty mess. Indeed a switch-blade like that will make quite a mess.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Combine Rustler said:
Fappy said:
She brings a switchblade to work? God damn.
That's supposed to be a balisong. Or butterfly knife if you're girlishly inclined (like me, wheee). The blade just looks a litle weird.

Also... as funny as random violent outbursts are from Erin, this makes no goddamn sense to me. Am I missing something here?
Oh yeah, you're right. I think I was focused too much on the blade itself.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Devoneaux said:
Oh joy, more of this crap. See you in about two months when the writer remembers that this is supposed to be a video game web comic! And not about some psychotic boring unlikable "Protagonist" that exists solely to string the video game jokes together!
I have to disagree with this sentiment, I feel like satirical or humorous cartoons or stories are a lot more fun to relate to and laugh at when the characters have been developed, as opposed to random unrelated jokes with no continuous context.

It's the same reason South Park will always be better than Family Guy to me.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
Best. Hat. Ever.

Also, I keep forgetting that Erin is a video game journalist. After the whole car wreck arc, I just assumed she was some sort of The Dude-esque character. But I guess her job is kind of like bowling, if her co-workers are the pins.

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
she really gawn nutz today.
Erin is having a bad week i guess? or did someone watch the first south-park series on Netflix recently?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I think I missed the joke this time, guys.

Now, if she had pulled out Pyramid Head's Great Knife...

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
uchytjes said:
did i miss something? or is this just gonna be some new story arc to explain this new charactor?
I just assumed it was related to the recent controversy regarding She Who Must Not Be Named On Gaming Sites.

FEichinger

Aug 7, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
FEichinger said:
That said ... Gotta agree on the "And you wonder why people push you out of windows" thing. Erin's getting even crazier! =D
My quote sense is tingling!
Seriously, was I the only one who thought Erin was being a total ***** to that guy?
Well, it all started nice and dandy. The whole turned-down-and-soooooo-sure-shes-gonna-get-him thing was perfect. Then she went all crazy in the crackshack ... And when he held her out the window, it was pretty much now-shes-gone-entirely-insane ...
It does fit her, but she really has social issues.

Rainforce

Apr 20, 2009
FallenTraveler said:
twaddle said:
The moment they said octopus hat i was half expecting a cameo of podipuss and Alix from name game
you too huh?

I think we should discuss the real issue here... where did this girl come from o.o
who cares about the girl? the hat god damn it, someone get me that hat D:

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
So Erin goes from snarky, to slightly crazy (seeing videogame characters), to listening to said videogame characters, to... I dont even know how to describe what was taking place during the last arc, to now threatening people with a butterfly knife.

Blunderboy said:
And we've confirmed Erin is now a *****.
Couldnt have said it better myself.