Manifest, a horror, semi-episodic PvP RP (Started, open)

Azkar Almsivi

Sep 3, 2012
Sir Strange Of The House Lycan said:
This is pretty magnificent, but if you can clean it up/add to it, it would be nice. I especially like how well you've grasped the "Defilers are sick bastards" concept. Whilst I don't want to limit your vocabulary, and as much as I love the word, sovereign's a bit complex for the standard understanding of language. Not everybody knows what it means/have ever heard or read it, y'know?
I like the word as well. Oh well. I fixed it up a bit, added some things. Ideas for Defiler names are a toss up between Lord, Boss and Crown. I feel Lord fits alright, but Boss would be simpler.

Defiler: Lord

Domain: The Defiler of Subjugation

Defiler Personality: Lord is malice and pride. The thrill of twisting the unwilling and gaining complete control of them excites it above all else, besides killing the playthings of other Defilers and shaming them. It eagerly sends unwilling and insane pawns into suicidal situations just because it can. It almost always makes it's manifested incapacitate or immobilize enemies before giving the final blow. It finds the power surge of domination and over powering manifested and humans intoxicating.

Manifested Title: The Knight

Manifested Appearance: The Knight's body calcifies as they bury themselves in the sand and soil soon after manifestation. Several hours later they emerge in the shape of a Centaur. The entire body is bare, bright red muscle covered in most areas by thickened bone plates like a insect's chitin, resembling heavy medieval armor. The head is solid smooth bone with a slit for sight. The underside of the "horse" portion can split open at the ribs like a gaping maw, the Knight lowers himself onto defeated enemies and devours them. One arm ends in a long, flat teardrop shaped "shield", while the other ends in a twisted bone lance.

Manifested Personality: Lord loves to slowly take complete control of it's manifested. Their personality starts at unwilling and apologetic and ends at complete zealotry. When Lord has taken complete control and the manifested is at it's most powerful, it doesn't take Lord long to get bored and abandon it for a new conquest. Usually keeps some personality traits from the host, however the torment and lack of control of their actions usually drives them insane. Towards the end of their position as the Knight the manifested tends to become more and more frenzied, screaming in a terrible inhumane voice praises to their Lord.

Name: Benjamin Hallover

Appearance (Prior to Transmutation): Ratty, dirty jeans, missing a leg. A filthy t shirt so passed it's prime it's original colour is impossible to know. Brown putrid dishrags covering his feet. Anorexic, blind, scarred. The perfect example of the worst a homeless vagrant can possibly get without being dead already. He had ragged, matted brown hair down to his neck and a filthy tramp beard down to his collar bones. Blue eyes. No teeth. His age is roughly 54 and his height around 5,5.

Personality: Ben was miserable and depressed, eating scraps to survive and wandering around alone. But he was kind. Always trying to help others and the odd animal or insect when he could. Ben didn't blame anyone, he just figured he had bad luck, which he also didn't blame. Soft spoken and slow of movement, the man wouldn't hurt a fly.
His one vice was that he could never help anyone when it really mattered, he used to dream and fantasize about being a hero and saving people, not just abandoned people like him, but anyone. He didn't want to be important, he wanted to make the world a gentler place to help off put the nightmare.

History: Ben was a hangar worker when all hell broke loose. As society devolved he became an outcast. He lived off the land, being a bit of a paragon and doing odd jobs and helping people when he could. One day he was near a shanty town when a large group of bandits caught him on the outskirts, they'd heard of the goodie two shoes wandering around being friendly and decided to give him a game of chance, as they were particularly sadistic. They gave him a pair of dice and a list of body parts on a piece of paper. He rolled 2, snake eyes. According to the piece of paper, he "won" eyes.

That didn't phase him at all though. About half an hour after he'd been tossed in a shallow ditch outside of town he started hearing the screams and howls from the town. Ben would have given anything to have been able to help, but by the time the blind man made it into town, it was silent. He wandered alone ever since then. Giving up on clothes, eating plants and dead animals. Soon after he lost a leg to coyotes, he somehow made it to a nearby settlement and they fixed him up, amazed he was alive. This convinced Ben he had a purpose, that he could do something important. He just didn't know what it was yet. People began to avoid the smelly, crippled blind man, those who didn't he'd perform any task he could, refusing payment. All the while praying and pleading to something, to anything in his head and softly into the dry wind "I wish I was more useful..."

One day as he was wandering the desert a voice answered back in a hideous, visceral tone in his mind... "You will be."

Aug 12, 2009
Azkar Almsivi said:
This is pretty magnificent, but if you can clean it up/add to it, it would be nice. I especially like how well you've grasped the "Defilers are sick bastards" concept. Whilst I don't want to limit your vocabulary, and as much as I love the word, sovereign's a bit complex for the standard understanding of language. Not everybody knows what it means/have ever heard or read it, y'know?
I like the word as well. Oh well. I fixed it up a bit, added some things. Ideas for Defiler names are a toss up between Lord, Boss and Crown. I feel Lord fits alright, but Boss would be simpler.

Defiler Personality: Lord is malice and pride. The thrill of twisting the unwilling and gaining complete control of them excites it above all else, besides killing the playthings of other Defilers and shaming them. It eagerly sends unwilling and insane pawns into suicidal situations just because it can. It almost always makes it's manifested incapacitate or immobilize enemies before giving the final blow. It finds the power surge of domination and over powering manifested and humans intoxicating.

Manifested Appearance: The Knight's body calcifies as they bury themselves in the sand and soil soon after manifestation. Several hours later they emerge in the shape of a Centaur. The entire body is bare, bright red muscle covered in most areas by thickened bone plates like a insect's chitin, resembling heavy medieval armor. The head is solid smooth bone with a slit for sight. The underside of the "horse" portion can split open at the ribs like a gaping maw, the Knight lowers himself onto defeated enemies and devours them. One arm ends in a long, flat teardrop shaped "shield", while the other ends in a twisted bone lance.

Manifested Personality: Lord loves to slowly take complete control of it's manifested. Their personality starts at unwilling and apologetic and ends at complete zealotry. When Lord has taken complete control and the manifested is at it's most powerful, it doesn't take Lord long to get bored and abandon it for a new conquest. Usually keeps some personality traits from the host, however the torment and lack of control of their actions usually drives them insane. Towards the end of their position as the Knight the manifested tends to become more and more frenzied, screaming in a terrible inhumane voice praises to their Lord.

Appearance (Prior to Transmutation): Ratty, dirty jeans, missing a leg. A filthy t shirt so passed it's prime it's original colour is impossible to know. Brown putrid dishrags covering his feet. Anorexic, blind, scarred. The perfect example of the worst a homeless vagrant can possibly get without being dead already. He had ragged, matted brown hair down to his neck and a filthy tramp beard down to his collar bones. Blue eyes. No teeth. His age is roughly 54 and his height around 5,5.

Personality: Ben was miserable and depressed, eating scraps to survive and wandering around alone. But he was kind. Always trying to help others and the odd animal or insect when he could. Ben didn't blame anyone, he just figured he had bad luck, which he also didn't blame. Soft spoken and slow of movement, the man wouldn't hurt a fly.
His one vice was that he could never help anyone when it really mattered, he used to dream and fantasize about being a hero and saving people, not just abandoned people like him, but anyone. He didn't want to be important, he wanted to make the world a gentler place to help off put the nightmare.

History: Ben was a hangar worker when all hell broke loose. As society devolved he became an outcast. He lived off the land, being a bit of a paragon and doing odd jobs and helping people when he could. One day he was near a shanty town when a large group of bandits caught him on the outskirts, they'd heard of the goodie two shoes wandering around being friendly and decided to give him a game of chance, as they were particularly sadistic. They gave him a pair of dice and a list of body parts on a piece of paper. He rolled 2, snake eyes. According to the piece of paper, he "won" eyes.

That didn't phase him at all though. About half an hour after he'd been tossed in a shallow ditch outside of town he started hearing the screams and howls from the town. Ben would have given anything to have been able to help, but by the time the blind man made it into town, it was silent. He wandered alone ever since then. Giving up on clothes, eating plants and dead animals. Soon after he lost a leg to coyotes, he somehow made it to a nearby settlement and they fixed him up, amazed he was alive. This convinced Ben he had a purpose, that he could do something important. He just didn't know what it was yet. People began to avoid the smelly, crippled blind man, those who didn't he'd perform any task he could, refusing payment. All the while praying and pleading to something, to anything in his head and softly into the dry wind "I wish I was more useful..."

One day as he was wandering the desert a voice answered back in a hideous, visceral tone in his mind... "You will be."
Wonderful, if you could just do a bit of flavour text about the transmutation/first few of hours of manifestation, I'd be overjoyed.

Azkar Almsivi

Sep 3, 2012
Azkar Almsivi said:

Wonderful, if you could just do a bit of flavour text about the transmutation/first few of hours of manifestation, I'd be overjoyed.

Manifested Appearance: The manifestation process begins with voices inside the mind. Lord will either manipulate or flat out attempt to overpower the mind of the host immediately. It depends on their personality as to if it will try to break them or feed them lies and rewards to make them worship it, sometimes it does both. The skin of the host will begin to get very moist and they will be overcome by a voracious appetite to fuel the coming transformation.
After an hour the body will begin consuming it's own skin, leaving toughened, weather resistant muscle behind. The muscles are bright red and the chest cavity increases in size, as do the lungs to take in the oxygen necessary to feed the increased blood and muscle work of the Knight. Bone plates begin to grow slowly over major body areas, to aid in a quicker evolution, Lord will usually force the soon to be Knight to eat anything currently living, including the bones, the host at this point is gaining increased muscle mass of a higher quality, which aids it in feasting on people or creatures without outside assistance. Once the knight has grown a minimal amount of armor, it's legs will fuse together and it will bury it'self in the sand or soil (usually with something/someone to continue consuming). The Knight goes into a short hibernation. Several hours later (or several days if it wasn't consuming fuel for the transformation) they emerge. The closest description is a Centaur Knight for the abomination that emerges. The entire body is bare, bright red muscle covered in most areas by thickened bone plates like a insect's chitin, resembling heavy medieval armor. The head is solid smooth bone with a slit for sight. The underside of the "horse" portion can split open at the ribs like a gaping maw, the Knight lowers himself onto defeated enemies and devours them. One arm ends in a long, flat teardrop shaped "shield" with a taloned gauntlet on the underside, while the other ends in a twisted bone lance.
The manifested at this point is more or less complete, with Lord providing altercations or improvements on a whim. The manifested's voice, disturbingly enough, can make nearly any sound due to the improvements to the vocal chords.
A pleading child, a scared woman, a brave man, a group of people being slaughtered, a demonic roar and maybe a combination of anything it has ever heard. The Knight will boom anything Lord desires across the area as it bears down on it's target.

I'm done... Again, lol.

What do you think of that?

Aug 12, 2009
Azkar Almsivi said:
Azkar Almsivi said:

Manifested Appearance: The manifestation process begins with voices inside the mind. Lord will either manipulate or flat out attempt to overpower the mind of the host immediately. It depends on their personality as to if it will try to break them or feed them lies and rewards to make them worship it, sometimes it does both. The skin of the host will begin to get very moist and they will be overcome by a voracious appetite to fuel the coming transformation.
After an hour the body will begin consuming it's own skin, leaving toughened, weather resistant muscle behind. The muscles are bright red and the chest cavity increases in size, as do the lungs to take in the oxygen necessary to feed the increased blood and muscle work of the Knight. Bone plates begin to grow slowly over major body areas, to aid in a quicker evolution, Lord will usually force the soon to be Knight to eat anything currently living, including the bones, the host at this point is gaining increased muscle mass of a higher quality, which aids it in feasting on people or creatures without outside assistance. Once the knight has grown a minimal amount of armor, it's legs will fuse together and it will bury it'self in the sand or soil (usually with something/someone to continue consuming). The Knight goes into a short hibernation. Several hours later (or several days if it wasn't consuming fuel for the transformation) they emerge. The closest description is a Centaur Knight for the abomination that emerges. The entire body is bare, bright red muscle covered in most areas by thickened bone plates like a insect's chitin, resembling heavy medieval armor. The head is solid smooth bone with a slit for sight. The underside of the "horse" portion can split open at the ribs like a gaping maw, the Knight lowers himself onto defeated enemies and devours them. One arm ends in a long, flat teardrop shaped "shield" with a taloned gauntlet on the underside, while the other ends in a twisted bone lance.
The manifested at this point is more or less complete, with Lord providing altercations or improvements on a whim. The manifested's voice, disturbingly enough, can make nearly any sound due to the improvements to the vocal chords.
A pleading child, a scared woman, a brave man, a group of people being slaughtered, a demonic roar and maybe a combination of anything it has ever heard. The Knight will boom anything Lord desires across the area as it bears down on it's target.

I'm done... Again, lol.

What do you think of that?
I almost haven't the heart to telly you I meant a paragraph or two outside of the sheet, as if you were writing a RP post about the change. I'm very sorry for this misunderstanding.

Azkar Almsivi

Sep 3, 2012
I was going to have him transform in his first post if he was accepted. I may write something up soon.

Ratio

Jan 10, 2013
Well, this is probably my first 'serious' piece of 'writing', even if it is only a character sheet. Hesitated to post here at first, but as a friend of mine said recently: "We all start out in less than fortunate places."

People
Name: Peter Verkius
Appearance:
As was fitting for his survivalist attitude, Peter was lightly clothed, only having wore a beige tank top, along with a brown jacket on ocassion, and camo pants. For the sake of traversing uninviting territories, he also wore sturdy combat boots, which were slowly deteroriating, one of them already missing its laces.

Because of having been out into the wild for a long time, his hair was as perturbed as it was long, partially obscuring his eyes. But when his eyes could be seen, you could see they were a dark shade of grey. Relative malnutrition because of lack of proper knowledge of how exactly to well, survive left his face gaunt. Speaking of his face, he carried an inquisitive, distrustful look on his face most of the time, because he had been threatened by other humans many times before. His frame was slender but still reasonably muscular. Despite being out in the sun for a long time, he was still pale as a result of mainly scurrying around near old nuclear reactors, where he was sure he would not be disturbed much.

Personality:
Having experienced so much, Peter is unsure about his moral compass, and where it will lead him. He mainly just takes decisions depending on whether they benefit him and his companions, that is, if he has any at the time. He will also not engage in wanton violence, but that is mostly due to his pragmatic way of thinking.

From early in his life on, Peter did not trust many - if any - people. He was solitary by nature, which his environment seemed to happily nourish. Related to that was his neuroticity, veering towards utter paranoia. Still, he had a soft spot for all of nature, obviously excluding man, and cared a lot about the flora and fauna he encountered during his travels.

History: (Your character prior to their Transmutation)
Peter was a relatively normal teen before the Wormhole Event happened, but he had some quirks. He would do fine in school, and he could talk to people, but it seemed as if he really didn't want to. His environment returned the favor, and so he remained a bit of an outcast, but he didn't really mind.

And then the Wormhole Event happened. He thought he would be able to continue with his life, until the local government started forced conscriptions. After attempting to stretch time and avoid conscription for as long as possible, he decided that his autonomy was more worth than his security, and fled away from what was left from civilization, despite knowing very little about how to survive.

After a long walk with the only intent to get away from his hometown, he found a small corral of trailers, where he was given food, but found out that he was 'relieved' of all possessions other than his clothes when he woke up after staying there for the night. The next day, he agreed to guard over the camp while the others were going hunting, waited until he thought everyone was out of sight, and scurried the camp for his supplies, as well as whatever he could find. Just as he retrieved a combat knife from under a heap of clothes, he heard the hunting party coming back, and he ran as far away as he could in the opposite direction, much like he had done before.

From that point on, he decided to stay away for humans for a few weeks. But weeks became months, and months became years. At first he was just a civilized human out of his natural habitat, but he started regressing as time passed. After some time, he didn't always bother to 'cook' his food as well as was possible, as well as stopping cutting his hair with his most prized possession, the knife. His former neuroticity transformed into downright paranoia, and he would avoid other humans for the rest of his life leading up to the Transmutation.

Additional Notes:
None.

Defilers:

Name: Blight
Domain: Defiler of Nature
Manifested Title: The Rotten
Manifested Appearance:

Artist's impression of the Rotten by SamuelT.

The transmutation starts with the body becoming more rigid than it formely was, as the result of bones broadening. Up until now, the transmutation is relatively painless, but then suddenly, the bones all burst as the result of heavy muscle contractions all over the body, splattering the brown mess around, giving off the vibe of shards of rotten wood.

Then, the transpirational system function is revamped. Instead of sweat, the pores start to emanate pheromones, attracting all kinds of parasites and insects. Typically, insect hives start being constructed within the body within a few weeks, the insects within heavily mutated as the result of the parasites that come out of the body and within it, from the bones which are now nothing but a rotten mess.

Now, the Rotten start growing in size, generally about one meter, and his limbs start forming into long, wide, slow-moving yet flexible appendages, much like the roots of a tree. They are incredibly strong, being able to knock people unconscious with one with when it has gained momentum, and able to lift up objects as heavy as trucks. The Rotten might 'root' into the ground from time to time, in order to spread their disease, recuperate from damage, or to increase in size and power even more.

It is now that the paranormal, all-encompassing powers of the Defiler start showing. At first, the Rotten are just a harbor for natural disease and wildgrowth, but within time, thorns and thistles spring out of the ground where he walks, and if left alone in a wild and lusciously populated area for long enough, it will become a wasteland of corruption of death. Now, the Transmutation is fully complete, and the Rotten is ready to help transform the world in their Defiler's image.

Personality:
Blight is an extraordinary fellow, even more so than the other Defilers. His hate is not as temperamental as the others, as if it were a blaze, but rather a cold and simmering kind of anger, although it certainly does not lack in intensity. He also feels that the others are futile in just trying to destroy everything around him, but prefers to utilize what he encounters, in this case, nature. However, despite his apparent amenity, he still ends up completely destroying and corrupting whatever he uses.

Multiple aspects of his personality are found in the Rotten as well. From the first stages of the Transmutation, their thoughts gradually slow down, or rather, the thought process is entirely transformed: It does not only become slow, it also becomes more deliberate and extensive. A Rotten will never charge into battle at breakneck speed, but will often dream up various tactics before they approach a possible hazard, sometimes even rooting for days during the process. But then when they take whatever situation on, they do not back down, and will keep going until their goal is achieved, which is typically crushing something or letting them being eaten alive from the inside by the variety of parasites it hosts.

Aug 12, 2009
Ratio said:
Well, this is probably my first 'serious' piece of 'writing', even if it is only a character sheet. Hesitated to post here at first, but as a friend of mine said recently: "We all start out in less than fortunate places."

People
Name: Peter Verkius
Appearance:
As was fitting for his survivalist attitude, Peter was lightly clothed, only having wore a beige tank top, along with a brown jacket on ocassion, and camo pants. For the sake of traversing uninviting territories, he also wore sturdy combat boots, which were slowly deteroriating, one of them already missing its laces.

Because of having been out into the wild for a long time, his hair was as perturbed as it was long, partially obscuring his eyes. But when his eyes could be seen, you could see they were a dark shade of grey. Relative malnutrition because of lack of proper knowledge of how exactly to well, survive left his face gaunt. Speaking of his face, he carried an inquisitive, distrustful look on his face most of the time, because he had been threatened by other humans many times before. His frame was slender but still reasonably muscular. Despite being out in the sun for a long time, he was still pale as a result of mainly scurrying around near old nuclear reactors, where he was sure he would not be disturbed much.

Personality:
Having experienced so much, Peter is unsure about his moral compass, and where it will lead him. He mainly just takes decisions depending on whether they benefit him and his companions, that is, if he has any at the time. He will also not engage in wanton violence, but that is mostly due to his pragmatic way of thinking.

From early in his life on, Peter did not trust many - if any - people. He was solitary by nature, which his environment seemed to happily nourish. Related to that was his neuroticity, veering towards utter paranoia. Still, he had a soft spot for all of nature, obviously excluding man, and cared a lot about the flora and fauna he encountered during his travels.

History: (Your character prior to their Transmutation)
Peter was a relatively normal teen before the Wormhole Event happened, but he had some quirks. He would do fine in school, and he could talk to people, but it seemed as if he really didn't want to. His environment returned the favor, and so he remained a bit of an outcast, but he didn't really mind.

And then the Wormhole Event happened. He thought he would be able to continue with his life, until the local government started forced conscriptions. After attempting to stretch time and avoid conscription for as long as possible, he decided that his autonomy was more worth than his security, and fled away from what was left from civilization, despite knowing very little about how to survive.

After a long walk with the only intent to get away from his hometown, he found a small corral of trailers, where he was given food, but found out that he was 'relieved' of all possessions other than his clothes when he woke up after staying there for the night. The next day, he agreed to guard over the camp while the others were going hunting, waited until he thought everyone was out of sight, and scurried the camp for his supplies, as well as whatever he could find. Just as he retrieved a combat knife from under a heap of clothes, he heard the hunting party coming back, and he ran as far away as he could in the opposite direction, much like he had done before.

From that point on, he decided to stay away for humans for a few weeks. But weeks became months, and months became years. At first he was just a civilized human out of his natural habitat, but he started regressing as time passed. After some time, he didn't always bother to 'cook' his food as well as was possible, as well as stopping cutting his hair with his most prized possession, the knife. His former neuroticity transformed into downright paranoia, and he would avoid other humans for the rest of his life leading up to the Transmutation.

Additional Notes:
None.

Defilers:

Name: Blight
Domain: Defiler of Nature
Manifested Title: The Rotten
Manifested Appearance:
The transmutation starts with the body becoming more rigid than it formely was, as the result of bones broadening. Up until now, the transmutation is relatively painless, but then suddenly, the bones all burst as the result of heavy muscle contractions all over the body, splattering the brown mess around, giving off the vibe of shards of rotten wood.

Then, the transpirational system function is revamped. Instead of sweat, the pores start to emanate pheromones, attracting all kinds of parasites and insects. Typically, insect hives start being constructed within the body within a few weeks, the insects within heavily mutated as the result of the parasites that come out of the body and within it, from the bones which are now nothing but a rotten mess.

Now, the Rotten start growing in size, generally about one meter, and his limbs start forming into long, wide, slow-moving yet flexible appendages, much like the roots of a tree. They are incredibly strong, being able to knock people unconscious with one with when it has gained momentum, and able to lift up objects as heavy as trucks. The Rotten might 'root' into the ground from time to time, in order to spread their disease, recuperate from damage, or to increase in size and power even more.

It is now that the paranormal, all-encompassing powers of the Defiler start showing. At first, the Corrupted are just a harbor for natural disease and wildgrowth, but within time, thorns and thistles spring out of the ground where he walks, and if left alone in a wild and lusciously populated area for long enough, it will become a wasteland of corruption of death. Now, the Transmutation is fully complete, and the Rotten is ready to help transform the world in their Defiler's image.

Personality:
Blight is an extraordinary fellow, even more so than the other Defilers. His hate is not as temperamental as the others, as if it were a blaze, but rather a cold and simmering kind of anger, although it certainly does not lack in intensity. He also feels that the others are futile in just trying to destroy everything around him, but prefers to utilize what he encounters, in this case, nature. However, despite his apparent amenity, he still ends up completely destroying and corrupting whatever he uses.

Multiple aspects of his personality are found in the Rotten as well. From the first stages of the Transmutation, their thoughts gradually slow down, or rather, the thought process is entirely transformed: It does not only become slow, it also becomes more deliberate and extensive. A Rotten will never charge into battle at breakneck speed, but will often dream up various tactics before they approach a possible hazard, sometimes even rooting for days during the process. But then when they take whatever situation on, they do not back down, and will keep going until their goal is achieved, which is typically crushing something or letting them being eaten alive from the inside by the variety of parasites it hosts.
Looks good! look forward to your flavour text.

Aug 12, 2009
Dust and ash tore through the air as he walked. There were no visible footprints around and no sound could be heard over the sound of wind currently flapping through his duster, whipping at his knees through the ripped slacks he had worn all these years. The guitar was slung over his shoulder, as per usual, and the pistol remained firmly in its holster. Motes and granules found themselves caught in the greying ginger beard, practically grand. Ascending to the top of the mesa, he takes a view of the land around him. He pulls up his collar and pulls down his hat, guarding from the intense light of the sun, magnified and given great majesty by the tear, leering on the horizon.

Slowly, he trudges over to the small deck chair, smothered in dust. Lifting it by the frame, he shakes the dust from it and places it back before taking a seat. He pulls the guitar from his back and rests it over himself. It had been 10 years ago he had become what he was, and ten years ago this whole mess started. How deluded he had been to think they could be trusted with the autonomy entering this world gave them. There was no way to undo what had been done, and no way to fix the cracks he had made. All that could be done was to sit back and watch it all unfold, full of regret and feelings of helplessness.

He takes up position, pulls the guitar up, and begins to play.
Kay, time to start. We'll hopefully pick up more players along the way. Due to the odd number I've had to make one fight a melee a trois, but I'm sure you guys can handle it. The ideal structure would be a post for you encountering each other, then one or two posts of trading blows and such. I encourage collabortation and communication with your co-players. Current match ups are: Blight V Clockwork, Pest V Lord V Eye. Blight wins the former, Lord the latter. Again, don't just resign to losing, put up a fight.

Azkar Almsivi

Sep 3, 2012
The wind scoured the desolate landscape, a lone skeleton of a house sat upon charred land overlooking the arid planes. Grinding sounds emanated quietly from within the building's burnt wooden frame. The ground seemed to hum and vibrate ever so slightly. A pair of geckos which had been searching for insects scampered away quickly as the disturbance built up.
A small mound appeared in the ash, growing ever larger in the center of the defunct house.

An explosion of soil and ash tore into the air, creating a large cloud of lung clogging debris. Within the the center of the floating and falling particles stood a large silhouette. Four thick legs held it above a fresh gaping hole in the ground. The centaur like figure stood silently, coated in ash and dirt, face down. A long twisted spire seemed to complete it's right arm, a large shell like shield coating the other. It seemed limp and dead, a standing corpse.

Find.
Dominate.

The Knight reared up, smashing it's lance like arm through several burnt out beams and letting out a piercing long screech as the wreckage began to collapse around it.
"YES LORD!" the mutilated words echoed far across the desert. The Knight trotted out into the open. It's armor obscured by dark ash and earth, like a shadowy aura the ash and dust hung in the air around it. Slowly it's gaze scanned the horizon. Upon spotting the nearest settlement of a decent size, the Knight began it's sick quest.

willofbob

Aug 22, 2010
I'll have something up soon. Meanwhile, what do you think of the name "Teacher Chills" as a Defiler. I know just "Chills" is more in theme, but I had the idea that this defiler holds itself as civilised and clever, and will deliberately hurt the host if he/she does soemthing it considers stupid or crude, even to the point of debilitating them, to make sure they get the point. A very cruel and sadistic teacher, who reads from a textbook they wrote and gives tests on whatever happens to be in it's head at the moment.

Ratio

Jan 10, 2013
The Rotten was stalking the desolate plains, the deserted scene that a meltdown a few kilometers ago had created, when they suddenly spotted a lone clocktower standing at the center of a ruined village. Blight hated humans, but even more so, they confused him. During his short time on Earth, he had noticed that humans perpetually try to enslave and estrange themselves from nature, rather than cooperate with it as if they were equal to it. He found this paradoxical, since humanity was only a subset of nature. For that reason, he had devoted the time he did not spend battling with his fellow Defilers to undoing this 'injustice'.

They take on a slow but increasingly fast gait as the clocktower comes ever closer, walking with a single-minded determinedness. It didn't usually veer away from his habitat, the woods. It was not that it wanted to leave either, and if not for that absolute feeling of neurotic compulsion, they would have stayed there. The contrast of the plains with the forest it came from was stark. The woods were full of creatures, whereas right now the Rotten was the only beacon of life. It was clear that the plain had been left in a hurry, with the incessant emptiness of the plain occasionally being disrupted by intermittent small settlements. The woods where they came from could be soon on the horizon, but otherwise there was nothing to be seen, other than the clocktower they eventually reached.

Utilizing the great size it had gained over the past few years, it wrapped his tendrils around the tower, crooking it so far it almost fell over, as if it were trying to uproot a tree. While doing that, an other of its roots burst through the clock's dial, upon which they could clearly hear a shrill, jittery screech, Blight almost being startled heavier than its pawn.

Put a drawing of the Rotten by SamuelT in my original drawing sheet, in case anyone's interested.