MANLY TEARS

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
SnakeoilSage said:
Pretty much every book of The Dresden Files.
Oh, gods. The closing chapters of Changes. Manly, manly tears.

Also, Grave of the Fireflies, Up, Toy Story 3, and Jurassic Bark.

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
I haven't actually full-on cried in... years, really. Last time I actually broke down was when I was twelve.

But my eyes did begin to water at this,

XMark said:
Also, the first ten minutes of Up.
and this.

Daystar Clarion said:
Toy Story 3.

Many manly tears were cried that day.

Even a sob or two.
Also, I frowned and went "Awwww..." at the end of Captain America. No tears, just a little sadness.

The manliest time I came close to tears was towards the end of Blood Diamond, when
Solomon Vandy found his son, then again when Leonardo DiCaprio's character died while on the phone with the woman he never got to take on a date.

That was one hell of a movie.

General Vagueness

Feb 24, 2009
chewbacca1010 said:
I cry during the end of The Luck of the Fryrish. It's a sad episode.
That's what I was trying to think of, I knew there was something.
All of the sad Futurama episodes, at one point or another; that's my answer.

socialmenace42

May 8, 2010
I get choked up by a few moments in gaming and film, but the only time in living memory that I have been brought to tears by something i watched was a documentary about a childrens hospice. It was informative and heart breaking at the same time! Score!

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
Rodrigo Girao said:
Holy...

I've watched a few episodes of that show in my time, but I had no idea they ever aired anything like that. That last line of rant is a real punch in the gut.

BumblebeeEU

Jun 23, 2011
Grave of the Fireflies had me close. Fuck that is a sad movie.

Up also, it makes up for almost making me losing my man eye water by being a freaking excellent and uplifting film.

No game has ever brought me close to tears really, though red dead redemption made me angry/sad at the same time.

The song 'Hallelujah' the Jeff Buckley version is beautiful and moving.

Last time I really cried was at my grandma's funeral.

No I lie, when my cat died about 6 months ago, the thing was 19, I'm 22, its been there all my life, that was a sad day.

BarbaricGoose

May 25, 2010
chewbacca1010 said:
I cry during the end of The Luck of the Fryrish. It's a sad episode.

Additionally, I used to cry when hearing this one song called Flames by a band called VAST. I don't anymore, but to date, it is the only song to have moved me to tears.

Sometimes it is cathartic.
Let's not forget that episode about the dog. Or the one where Leela meets her parents. Oh, dear god...

I also cried when...

Old Boss died at the end of MGS4. Not full on sobbing, but a tear or two.

Now, Departures, that movie had me sobbing by the end. Though I laughed a lot, too. Very good movie.

Finally, this song made me cry the first couple times I heard it:

Sparkytheyetti

Jul 24, 2009
You know movie wise i dont get too many moments like that. However, music hits me more often. You know the opening theme to Ghost in the Shell: Stand alone complex first season? Yeah listen to the full version in the second half where the singer really opens up the vocals.

Kurt Horsting

Jul 3, 2008
Almost every awesome character from Fist of the North Star. For super martial artists that punch people so they explode, they cry a lot more then you would expect.

Porecomesis

Jul 10, 2010
Hereafter where the little boy gets the main male to talk to his brother. Seeing how lonely and desperate the little boy is was very heartwrenching.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Final episode of Monk. It was exceptional. I have never cried from anything that hasn't been death in my family or something similar, but I cried through almost a whole episode.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
I cried many, many tears on June 22nd and in the following weeks.

And when the King held his speech and had to take a few moments to collect to keep from sobbing.
That one really got to me, I cried like a baby.

I'm not a religious man, but I hope that terrorist burns in hell for all eternity!

BrionJames

Jul 8, 2009
The end of Big Fish always chokes me up a little. The first time I saw Terminator 2 all the way through. If you haven't watched it you should it's pretty kick ass through and through.

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
i cried of happiness the day they announced Diablo 3 back in 2008 :p

also this musical part from kung fu panda 2... its from the same scene where po see's back in the past where he comes from while he does the zen thing with the drop of water.
http://youtu.be/SnJDeogd5zo?t=2m9s