Mann Vs Machine Have you played yet

ScaryAlmond

Sep 12, 2011
As you all know the Mann vs Machine is live full of Horde goodness and about an hour wait time to find a bloody match.
Anyway what I would like to know if any of you have played it and if so what do you think Worth the Wait?

ChildishLegacy

Apr 16, 2010
Don't use matchmaking, just use the server browser and type in 'mvm' in the map box, then look for servers with less than 6 people in. Got in a match within the first 10 minutes of the update coming out.

It is AMAZING fun. amazing.

SUPA FRANKY

Aug 18, 2009
It takes a bit of browsing to find a game, but it sure is fun! I can see it getting old in the future, so Valve should be sure to update it wih more stuff.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
As soon as I get back home. It's going to be the only thing I play for a few days XD

Blarkuntvhite

Feb 19, 2011
I can't play it. The wait time to find a server is ridiculous.
You can play on a private server offline but bots don't work at all.
It's not much fun without players

Keoul

Apr 4, 2010
I'm having so many issues with it I want to choke something to death.
The mode is fine, just my computer acting up and connections problems are driving me nuts.

qazcake

Oct 28, 2009
i have sort of learned things like, after valve relaces a big update, there item servers die and matchmaking goes to mush. i figured this would be the same, so i am holding off for a bit.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
I tried with a group last night, but we couldn't get in. One of the members of the group /did/ manage to get in a few times though, in both paid mode and free mode. Apparently it's all a lot of fun, but the tours of duty are, in fact, different from the free version. They're much harder, for one thing. I can't believe Valve is getting away with charging per game with this new mode. Can you imagine if the next CoD game charged a dollar per game of Zombies?

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Tried to use the matchmaking. It didn't work. I figured it might be a bit smarter to just wait until tomorrow. Tomorrow is here. Now I'm just waiting for my friends to get on so we can try again now that we know other ways to get in a game. We already have 5 guys, and I'm asking around for a 6th.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Those Robots are Crazy smart!

Yeah, I played it a few times now. One round, I somehow got my Engineer to have his Pomson 6000/Short Circuit/Eureka Effect/Brainiac Hair/Brainiac Goggles/Mann Co. Hat! Here's a picture to prove it happened:

It's fun! But those Robots man... Those Crazy Robots...

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Nope. Matchmaking kicked me out yet and every server I manage the found through the browser is either full or locked with a password. I sure do try though.

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
Not yet, my graphics card is currently dead so until i get it repaired or buy a new one, I'm only really playing Tibia/Realm of the Mad God/Dungeons of Dredmor/Binding of Isaac. Really wanna be playing it though.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
Not yet. With my work schedule and addition to Maple Story and Pokémon Black, I haven't gotten on yet to see WTF is going on.

I'm still reminded of the female Gray Spy from Spy vs. Spy with this new team being called the GRAY team, though...

Coach Morrison

Jun 8, 2009
I played it, one of my friends converted one of our clan's servers to it once it updated, much better than using the matchmaking.

For the actual game mode, it's a lot of fun with friends. The giants and sentry busters can cause a lot of havoc. Also decoy has a wave with 150 scouts, I had no idea what was happening.

toomuchnothing

Jul 5, 2010
I've made it to wave 7/8 on Decoy in Mann Up mode. Almost had it but couldn't clear out the heavies with sniper support if they got too close. We would just die coming out of the spawn. Prob could of had it if we would have been connected to the item server at the start of the match so we had to use default load outs until we reconnect on like wave 3 at which point and time we lost all our previously earned credits (700ish). I'd say its possible to pug it to completion but dunno how often that will be the case.

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
Owyn_Merrilin said:
I tried with a group last night, but we couldn't get in. One of the members of the group /did/ manage to get in a few times though, in both paid mode and free mode. Apparently it's all a lot of fun, but the tours of duty are, in fact, different from the free version. They're much harder, for one thing. I can't believe Valve is getting away with charging per game with this new mode. Can you imagine if the next CoD game charged a dollar per game of Zombies?
If I understood it correctly you buy 1 ticket (1 dollar) which is consumed when you beat the level and you get a definite item (+ your free canteen after the first probably). I think that if you beat that mission already your ticket doesn't get wasted, so in reality it would cost you like $10 to play the Mann up mode and you would get 9 items and 3 rare items out of it at least guaranteed.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
No and I hopefully never will. I got sick of TF2. Plus I just got SWTOR, the complete set of DBGT, Fight Club on Blu-Ray, and R&C HD Collection, not to mention Borderlands 2. In fact, I will barely have time to sleep! IT'S AWESOME!