Map Lovers Need to Pre-Order Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
Preordered Skyrim 2 weeks ago, would have been happy with just the game and normal map, but a proper, freaking awesome feeling map? FUCK YEAH!

stvncpr236

Jan 11, 2011
Well now I have to pre-order, thanks a lot Bethesda for yet another quality money-sink.
And for those of you who can't guess, I'm being sarcastic, I am definitely excited about this.

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
I was kinda hoping for something more, like an extra DVD. Oh well, this is pretty cool too.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Liquid Paradox said:
thenumberthirteen said:
Though most games I've bought allow/require you to download the Steam version anyway.
Yeah, my face when I purchased Fallout: New Vegas from Game Stop, and then was denied access because we were already well over the monthly bandwidth limit for the month. I raged pretty hard, because I essentially had to pay for the game twice. (okay, okay, I know that 8 or so gigs really isn't that expensive, even with a bad plan, but still)

Edit: Still not pissed off enough to not buy the game, though. I am the reason why DRM can still exist :(
That's the reason I have an unlimited internet plan. Otherwise I could only buy about 3 games a year from Steam.

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
Aww... but I want a "pipboy3000" for navigate map!oh well... so...

The pre order player gets his/her character to be organized, and neatly puts maps away, while the Non-pre order players gets a sloppy character that just crumble maps?

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
The retailers must love that so many people give them money half a year before they have to give anything back.
I hope the map has bloodstains and riddles like the one from Goonies but honestly, I can add those details myself in case it?s lacking.
I just hope the pre-order ?bonuses? don?t go much farther than this. If it starts straying into game content like LA Noir did, I?m not even going to bother.

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
I'll wait until around august. If collector's edition isn't announced by then, I'll preorder this. Love the game case measurement system.
Fold marks. The scourge of adventures everywhere.
Speakercone said:
I will frame it and mount it on my wall. If anyone asks, I'll make vague references to "the old country" and trail off as if reminiscing about darker times.
This is brilliant.

Hammonwrye

Oct 20, 2008
*waving cane*

Back in my day I remember when a PC game came in an honest to goodness BOX and the ALL came with fun little trinkets (maps, booklets, keys ...)

Gosh darn new age hippie plastic DVD case crap!

Now get off my lawn!!

;p

Tentickles

Oct 24, 2010
Ohhh!!! Maps and posters are some of my favorite game swag, I am so getting this now!

*gazes at other game maps in computer room*

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
Grunt_Man11 said:
Now see? That's a good pre-order bonus! It's not some in-game mega weapon that kills the challenge, or some unbalanced perk in multi-player. It's a physical collector's item that would probably look good framed.

That's what pre-order bonuses should be.
Hell yeah,this is the thing I love about pre-order or collector's edition bonuses,something from the game that you can hold and wave around and show to your friends. That's why when we master time travel,I'm going back in time to pre-order 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors so I can get the watch from the game.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
The premium map is made of a high-grade material that Bethesda calls "similar to burlap." You can probably roll it up like a scroll and never have to worry about any of those previously mentioned fold marks. An image of the map makes it out to be approximately the size of 8 DVD cases lined up 2 high and 4 wide.
OH GOD.

Cloth maps have made a return?!
I want more cloth game maps!

[small]They're so cool...[/small]

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
I don't think the fold on a game map has ever created a problem for me. In Oblivion I never used the paper map as hitting TAB would bring up an onscreen map. This seems like solving a problem that doesn't exist to me. Still though, it is better than some in game item. Thing is though, this is Bethesda we're talking about. I can see pre-ordering the console version of the game but no way would I pre-order the obviously buggy PC version. I want reviews and maybe some patches before I take that step.

ViciousTide

Aug 5, 2011
Preorder $48 on newegg.com +FS+NT, $61 dollars with $10 credit + release date delivery at Amazon.com. I ordered mine via Newegg.com. Same with BF3. My main play thru is with Xbox, than i Mod with the DLed PC version instead of buying overpriced junk DLC from Microsoft.