MapleStory: The Digital Divorce Disaster Zone

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
Brad Shepard said:
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
Brad Shepard said:
This has to be the saddest thing i think I've ever seen.
You haven't seen Phantasy star Universe's community.
you got to pay real money there too?
You pay by the soul.

People get married, and date.... Wields no bonuses, because it's not a feature. People are just fucking weird.

mattaui

Oct 16, 2008
People get married for all the wrong reasons in real life, and get divorced despite massive familial and economic costs. I'm surprised the divorce rate in an online game isn't closer to 98%.

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
Art Axiv said:
This is my friends, the devaluation of marriage as institution.
It costs 25$.
do you mean the de-evolution?
and i can't wait till they start doing this in dragon quest (sarcasm)

RN7

Oct 27, 2009
Considering that the only "real" reason people get married in this game is to do a quest that gets you a valuable item, I'm surprised that Nexon isn't just capitalizing and making annulment cost loads of cash. People'd still pay, and they'd have a bit more money to through to their mediocre servers.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
jcb1337 said:
Considering that the only "real" reason people get married in this game is to do a quest that gets you a valuable item, I'm surprised that Nexon isn't just capitalizing and making annulment cost loads of cash. People'd still pay, and they'd have a bit more money to through to their mediocre servers.
Yeah, same. Well, thats MMOs in general, I suppose. Run by stupids, but played by people with too much time on their hands.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Irridium said:
People actually pay to get married in-game?

Really?
If it works, sounds like quite the good deal for the company hosting it. Plenty of repeat customers by the sounds of it >:D

Low Key

May 7, 2009
I don't recall always having to pay to get married. Then again, my 6 months playing it was basically me just grinding, setting up a shop in the market, and barely talking to anyone despite somehow getting into one of the top guilds.

zombiesinc

One day, we'll wake the zombies
Mar 29, 2010
I really hope that's not 25 real dollars to get married...

I couldn't help but laugh at those incredibly stereotypical stories of relationships (in this case marriage) gone wrong. I guess because of that this story is either incredibly awesome or incredibly horrifying, it just depends on how you look at it.