Marathon Twitch Streamer Dies 20 Hours into Charity Stream

Nature Guardian

Nov 9, 2016
Casual Shinji said:
Nature Guardian said:
Oh I'm sorry I'm bothering you with clinical depression, pal. Thanks for reminding me it's not worth going on.

I should kill myself; the world is for people whose dream in life is making money by doing something selfish and useless and egocentric.
Everybody has problems, friend.

When you jump into every thread claiming without sarcasm that world war 3 needs to happen and that millions should die, don't go hiding behind clinical depression once people start to get a bit tired of your BS.

You seem to think yourself an expert on what is and isn't productive, but here you are posting on a geek forum just like the rest of us shmucks.

Sooooo.... posting on an internet forum negates being a person with a productive life?

Do you know the president of USA loves to post on Twitter? Would you say he's not productive or relevant to the world?

I get a lot of hate because I'm a mirror people hate looking into.

Oct 22, 2011
Nature Guardian said:
Sooooo.... posting on an internet forum negates being a person with a productive life?

Do you know the president of USA loves to post on Twitter? Would you say he's not productive or relevant to the world?
Yeah i think everyone who's been around the net for atleast few last months knows that. Is he relevant? Of course. Productive, though? Hmm...
No, it probably comes from illusions of grandeur and thinking that mass extinction/genocide is a solution too everyone's problems. Everyone still alive, that is. Everyone deserving to be alive, that is. And it just so happens that you, yourself, would be in that special group.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Nature Guardian said:
By your standards? Apparently yes. Since in your eyes being an entertainer on youtube or a twitch streamer is worthy of death.

How would I know!? What does he have to do with this argument anyway?

No, you get a lot of hate because you're a bullhorn spouting a bunch of overblown rhetoric. Every thread I see you in your babbling about wanting the deaths of millions. Yes, the deaths of millions -- that's what your clamoring for. And we're supposeed to take you serious and condemn someone who got rich by simply entertaining people... Riiiiight.

Nature Guardian

Nov 9, 2016
Casual Shinji said:
By your standards? Apparently yes. Since in your eyes being an entertainer on youtube or a twitch streamer is worthy of death.

So, you missed my point entirely.

I'm not going to repeat it - just read that post over here which gave me a warning and maybe you can understand how idling a bit on the internet is not the same as being a "professional" Twitch streamer.

No, you get a lot of hate because you're a bullhorn spouting a bunch of overblown rhetoric. Every thread I see you in your babbling about wanting the deaths of millions. Yes, the deaths of millions -- that's what your clamoring for. And we're supposeed to take you serious and condemn someone who got rich by simply entertaining people... Riiiiight.

Ah, I might be joking, isn't it? That's what Pewdiepie and other Youtube/Twich personalities taught me: be an asshole, say offensive and cruel things, but then claim it's only for the lols.

When Pewdiepie makes a rape song or an antisemitic joke, he's only joking.
When some Twitch streamer harasses kids on an online game and screams that they should kill themselves, he's only getting more views by being edgy.

What's the difference between me and them? Oh, that I don't add "LOLOLOL JOKE" at the end.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
Nature Guardian said:
UPDATE: I just received yet another mod warning, asking me to "not troll".

Oh it makes me feel so good to see that how I really feel is considered "trolling".

I guess I have no other chance but to suck it up and keep silent (story of my life), since I'd just get another warning and another and another.

I throw in the towel as I have no other choice.
well what you said came back to bite you in the ass if there is a problem with that I'm not seeing it

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
FoolKiller said:
Has no one here heard of a DVT???

The first post mentioned a blood clot. This being 20 hours into a session of immobility, doesn't seem surprising at all.

I still find this sad because the individual was doing it for a good cause.
I don't know if its in the yahoo article, but the original one I read from our local mentions he was taking breaks. One break was even to take a kid to soccer practice. Seems the press on it wants to really push the streaming as the angle, but I'd guess he had other health issues (smoking obviously is one) or problems. Or it was just freak bad luck. Either way, it didn't matter much if he was streaming, flying to Paris on your honeymoon, or working an overtime shift in an office, same stuff'll happen.

Nature Guardian

Nov 9, 2016
Tony2077 said:
Nature Guardian said:
UPDATE: I just received yet another mod warning, asking me to "not troll".

Oh it makes me feel so good to see that how I really feel is considered "trolling".

I guess I have no other chance but to suck it up and keep silent (story of my life), since I'd just get another warning and another and another.

I throw in the towel as I have no other choice.
well what you said came back to bite you in the ass if there is a problem with that I'm not seeing it

You know, kicking someone who is down and can't fight back is not helping your viewpoint.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Seth Carter said:
FoolKiller said:
Has no one here heard of a DVT???

The first post mentioned a blood clot. This being 20 hours into a session of immobility, doesn't seem surprising at all.

I still find this sad because the individual was doing it for a good cause.
I don't know if its in the yahoo article, but the original one I read from our local mentions he was taking breaks. One break was even to take a kid to soccer practice. Seems the press on it wants to really push the streaming as the angle, but I'd guess he had other health issues (smoking obviously is one) or problems. Or it was just freak bad luck. Either way, it didn't matter much if he was streaming, flying to Paris on your honeymoon, or working an overtime shift in an office, same stuff'll happen.
Yep... and DVTs can happen after after 3 or 4 hours even.