March Mayhem 2012 Begins! Vote for Your Favorite Developers!

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
TsunamiWombat said:
Whenever I fill out these brackets it comes down to bioware v valve in the end...and wheres Blizzard on this list?

Edit: Blizzard isn't anywhere. Wth? SC2 in 2011, Diablo 3 coming out this year, no blizzard?
Yeah I noticed that too
What's up with that? They're one of the biggest developers world wide.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
Mumorpuger said:
Terraria's Re-Logic is up against Bioware in the first round?? Nooooooooo!

I <3 Terraria so much, but I'm not certain it will win. (Even though it should!)
It could. It may be the Mojang/Nintendo match up of this year. People are pissed about Dragon Age 2 and paranoid about Mass Effect 3. We will have to see if fans out way the haters.

Its an interesting set this year, no Namco, no Square Enix, no Blizzard, no Bungie, no Activison. Instead it is the year of the indie developer.
Should be interesting.

Druyn

May 6, 2010
dalek sec said:
I'm having a slight issue with the voting. When I get to the finale match up and vote it goes pale when it's loading and keeps loading but at the same time gives me the "Thank you for voting!" bit but still keeps loading. Does this mean I have to wait till later to make my final vote or not?
Same deal for me. I'm leaving the window open because i'm afraid I'll lose it all if I don't.

I bet Valve takes Bethesda in the semis. SKyrim is (in my opinion) the superior game, but the way that Valve works and stays connected to their huge fan base, plus the power of Steam I think will bring them through. Only to lose to Bioware in the finals because of upcoming Mass Effect 3.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
SO, this will be my first year actually participating in this. Anyone know who took the top spot in previous years?

ParadiseOnceLost

Jan 26, 2010
If Mojang wins again I will set fire to every small woodland creature I see for the entire month of April. They have made one game in their entire existence which wasn't even that great. *notices angry mob closing in* I kid I kid minecraft was a load of fun. Aw fuck it *runs to the hills with flame shield*.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Innegativeion said:
SO, this will be my first year actually participating in this. Anyone know who took the top spot in previous years?
Turbine, Turbine, Valve, Mojang. Runner-ups have been Harmonix, Bioware, Bioware, Bioware. Also know that there is a good amount of animosity towards Turbine, more towards Mojang, and scary amounts towards Zynga.

I feel that I should warn you that a flame shield will not be enough. I'd recommend a full blast suit, with dual shields, leather-reinforced exoskeleton, really good quality oven mitts, and all the water you can carry. I'm not kidding.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
sweatm said:
So, did Blizzard win "lifetime achievement" and get removed from future brackets?
I think it's because they didn't create a splash in the last year. Still, with Heart of the Swarm and Diablo 3 coming out, it's a weird omission.

Mr Cwtchy

Jan 13, 2009
With this event I always end up partly voting for who I *think* will win, and partly who I *want* to win.

As a result I ended up voting for the obvious(Valve, Bethesda, etc), whilst also voting Turbine wherever they turned up.

Because LOTRO, that's why. Of course they probably won't even get past the first round, but I'm going to be naive. :p

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
lacktheknack said:
Turbine, Turbine, Valve, Mojang. Runner-ups have been Harmonix, Bioware, Bioware, Bioware. Also know that there is a good amount of animosity towards Turbine, more towards Mojang, and scary amounts towards Zynga.

I feel that I should warn you that a flame shield will not be enough. I'd recommend a full blast suit, with dual shields, leather-reinforced exoskeleton, really good quality oven mitts, and all the water you can carry. I'm not kidding.
Heh yeah, this, of all things seems like the type of discussion that would get web-surfing gamers riled.

Well... you know... more so than usual.

Jun 11, 2008
Bit of an odd thread as MM has not begun and we have not started voting all this is for is predictions and not the actual competition.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
ParadiseOnceLost said:
If Mojang wins again I will set fire to every small woodland creature I see for the entire month of April. They have made one game in their entire existence which wasn't even that great. *notices angry mob closing in* I kid I kid minecraft was a load of fun. Aw fuck it *runs to the hills with flame shield*.
Get inside! I'll pass out the m-16's, we'll fight off this mob to the end!

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
Aww, CDProjekt will have to face Valve early on. CDProjekt has earned my eternal affection with Witcher 2, but I doubt it'll beat Valve :(

Also, Eidos Montreal vs Creative Assembly, tough choice

aashell13

Jan 31, 2011
Are we gonna see the minecraft flame/tears meter again this year? that was hilarious.

Chub07

Mar 8, 2012
Im not sure if its because I just created my account, but when I try to go to my bracket I get... The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tournaments/mybracket/6/. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I wasn't sure where to post. Im new the forums and wanted to participate in March Mayhem.

EDIT: nevermind, its working now.