Marvel Announces New Civil War Series

Yeager942

Oct 31, 2008
I love how all of my friends who haven't read the comics hear this and go, "Wow! So cool!" while everyone else who has actually read Civil War just groans.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
The_Darkness said:
Are we sure that's Spidey? Reminds me more of the Kaine Scarlet Spider costume.
It's the Iron Spider costume from the first Civil War.

Assuming there's actually a second and this isn't a reprint of flashback or something else.

Aiddon said:
Secret War is one thing considering that happened in the 80s, but Civil War isn't even out of general memory considering how stuff in that is still effecting stories told today.
And it was pretty horribly received, wasn't it?

Grumman said:
And beginning. And middle. Cable & Deadpool was able to do some good with it, but the whole thing was pretty stupid.
At least we got "Don't you get it? I'm deep now!

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
I assumed this was just a printed collection of of the event, not a sequel. Oh.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
How or why are they redoing Civil War? From what I've heard, people hated it for the inconsistant out of characters and what nots (don't like the theme of the whole secruity vs freedom.

It seen they can't be bother to come up with new names either like also reusing the Secret War name.

Oh one last thing, ha! The "Heroic Age" didn't last long either! I mean that title came after the whole Civil War ordeal and what came after it (Secret Invasion and Dark Reign).

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
GamerMage said:
At least we got "Don't you get it? I'm deep now!
UGH, I HATED the friggin' Civil War event! Iron Man became a drunken tool of the government (Gee, what was it that Stark promised not to be after he first built the suit we know now?), the Thing vanished, the bad guys WON, UGH.... I still say Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 did this better.[/quote]

It felt like a lot of people were acting out of character in Civil War. Tony was probably the worst, but it's like it was written by people who hadn't read Marvel comics before.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
It felt like a lot of people were acting out of character in Civil War. Tony was probably the worst, but it's like it was written by people who hadn't read Marvel comics before.
To be fair, humans do tend to go off the rails when theyre fighting for what they think is right.