Marvel Boss Teases Avengers Movie

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
Reeper0278 said:
JaredXE said:
Reeper0278 said:
JaredXE said:
Oh, and do NOT have Hank Pym anywhere near these movies. He sucks, no question about it.
There will be a Hank Pym movie.

I want to hate you for telling me this.

Sooo, you think they're gonna get Lucy Liu or Brenda Song to play The Wasp? And do we get to see her get slapped about in the movie?
Promises to be "more of a full-on action adventure sci-fi film but with a comedic element".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ant-Man_(film)#Film
It redirects there.

Buahahahaha

Wait, wait. Oh thank god. It's ANT-MAN. They could just use the more famous Scott Lang version and skip Pym/Giant-Man/Yellow Jacket/Abusive Husband version.

Bassman_2

Feb 9, 2009
JaredXE said:
Reeper0278 said:
JaredXE said:
Reeper0278 said:
JaredXE said:
Oh, and do NOT have Hank Pym anywhere near these movies. He sucks, no question about it.
There will be a Hank Pym movie.

I want to hate you for telling me this.

Sooo, you think they're gonna get Lucy Liu or Brenda Song to play The Wasp? And do we get to see her get slapped about in the movie?
Promises to be "more of a full-on action adventure sci-fi film but with a comedic element".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ant-Man_(film)#Film
It redirects there.

Buahahahaha

Wait, wait. Oh thank god. It's ANT-MAN. They could just use the more famous Scott Lang version and skip Pym/Giant-Man/Yellow Jacket/Abusive Husband version.
The script has been written by Wright and Joe Cornish, who plan to include Henry Pym and Scott Lang as major characters, with Pym as Ant-Man in the 1960s in Tales to Astonish style, and a flashforward to Lang as Ant-Man's successor in the 1980s/1990s.[2]

So he will be in the movie, just in the beginning scene or half or section or whatever.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
Why does every comic franchise have to have a cross over corner? justice league, the avengers, AvP... not to mention the dozens of variations within.

Yudas

Apr 30, 2009
No really?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0848228/

The thing that surprises me the most about this new superhero fad is that several seemingly awesome actors seems have bandwagoned it. Really thought that Robert Downey Junior and Edward Norton would have been less sellout than this.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
I'm going to be cautiously optimistic. Don't want to set myself up to be disappointed, like I did with Spider-Man 3.

Woem

May 28, 2009
I'm curious to see which instance of the Angers this movie will about. It seems to be the original Avengers (as opposed to the New Avengers) staring the late 1960 cast which includes Hawkeye and Black Widow. Would this mean that they're planning to shoot the complete Avenger storyline, including the Civil War and the Dark Avengers?

[small]Scarlett Johannsen as Black Widow[/small]

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
Souplex said:
Hopefully they fully follow the Ultimates instead of just taking snippets from it this time.
Main Marvel Universe is the only worthwhile one.

Tarakos said:
UGH. Iron Man was a great movie, but why the hell do they have to do a giant clusterfuck and have a bunch of other guys in there? Why can't they just make the Iron Man trilogy and STOP THERE? And who THE FUCK is Hawkeye?! I hate Marvel because of this Avenger bullshit and the fact that they seem completely incapable of making a decent Punisher film.
Cause The Avengers are awesome and The Punisher is not as big as the Avengers anyways. Hawkeye was first a enemy of the Avengers but then became one, replacing The Falcon and is well-known to Avenger fans.

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
Captain Pancake said:
Why does every comic franchise have to have a cross over corner? justice league, the avengers, AvP... not to mention the dozens of variations within.
Marvel UNIVERSE, DC UNIVERSE. Its one existance (well..sorta) and they all exist together. Dunno about AvP. I admit though, DC is less interconnected than Marvel, since it just seems Justice Leage is where they do it, while cameos are plentiful in Marvel.

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
Woem said:
I'm curious to see which instance of the Angers this movie will about. It seems to be the original Avengers (as opposed to the New Avengers) staring the late 1960 cast which includes Hawkeye and Black Widow. Would this mean that they're planning to shoot the complete Avenger storyline, including the Civil War and the Dark Avengers?

[small]Scarlett Johannsen as Black Widow[/small]
Well, Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, and Hulk. Only Pixie and Hank are unaccounted for, but that wont last long, and considering how these movies work, its the origional. Im curious if they are going to (likely) do it if Cap was an real founder, or be more real and have him come in after its formed. Also wonder if Namor will be present.

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
Tinq said:
This movie is going to be so long. Michael Bay long. Peter Jackson long, maybe.
Itr should be, they shouldn't lose anything when they are trying to make the movie 2-3 hours long, infact they might want yo think about splitting into different movies to be released together, or just one long one. You can tell this was made for the fans and fans are willing to watch 5 hours or so of there favorite superhero kick names and take some ass.

I hope they will do a Civil War movie at some point, but that would take alot from the studio, there must be 200 heroes in Civil War(just in the comic, not to mention all the ones that exist at the time. They would have to series that though.

They just better do it right!

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
I love how they're building the characters separately and throwing cameo's in everywhere. They better not screw it up.

Tremp10k

Aug 23, 2009
I dont know about the rest of you but i cant wait for the deadpool movie the like 5 minuets Ryan Reynolds played him for were almost the best part of Wolverine

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
Kiutu said:
Captain Pancake said:
Marvel UNIVERSE, DC UNIVERSE. Its one existance (well..sorta) and they all exist together. Dunno about AvP. I admit though, DC is less interconnected than Marvel, since it just seems Justice Leage is where they do it, while cameos are plentiful in Marvel.
DC is pretty interconnected but most of them live in different cities, where as a large chunk of Marvel characters all live in New York City or on the West Coast

NightmareWarden

Jul 2, 2011
I am from the future and I say that Marvel movies will beat DC movies to the punch. There will even be another superman reboot! Whether it will be good is another matter entirely...

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
scotth266 said:
They sort of need to make about two other films before this: namely, a Captain America one and a Thor one.

It's cool news though, especially since we already know Nick Fury is gonna be kickass.
Erm...Thor 2 comes out this fall and Cap 2 comes out next year.

Bleidd Whitefalcon

Mar 8, 2012
Kenbo Slice said:
scotth266 said:
They sort of need to make about two other films before this: namely, a Captain America one and a Thor one.

It's cool news though, especially since we already know Nick Fury is gonna be kickass.
Erm...Thor 2 comes out this fall and Cap 2 comes out next year.
Look at the date on the post you quoted - this thread is almost four years old.