Marvel Heroes Slug It Out in Real Life

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Marvel Heroes Slug It Out in Real Life

Captain America and Spider-Man got busted by the police for trading blows in public. No, seriously: This really happened.

In a case of real life (unintentionally) mimicking art, two unruly superheroes were caught fighting in a parking garage early Sunday morning. The funny thing is that the brawl occurred in Stamford, Connecticut, and involved two men dressed as characters who fought during <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Civil-War-Front-Line-Book/dp/0785123121/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1288827967&sr=8-3>Marvel Comics' "Civil War" crossover event (which started with a super-powered battle gone wrong in Stamford).

According to the Stamford Advocate:

Police officials say officers responded to a fight in the Bell Street parking garage early Sunday morning and found a man dressed as Captain America holding a man on the ground and punching him, Assistant Police Chief Jon Fontneau said.

The fight was reported 1:33 a.m. Sunday by a parking garage employee. It began when a 25-year-old wearing a Captain America costume got into an argument that turned physical with the father of a Stamford man who turned 21 Sunday, police Lt. Elizabeth Erickson said. [...The man's son] wore the Spider-Man outfit and allegedly punched [Cap] as police tried to break up the scuffle.

The man dressed as Spidey had his girlfriend -who is also up on charges- present, though she was apparently dressed as Poison Ivy instead of Mary Jane Watson. Someone needs to tell these folks that this is not how superheroes are supposed to behave.

Source: <a href=http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news/article/Superheroes-arrested-in-parking-garage-fight-782566.php>Stamford Advocate via <a href=http://io9.com/5680122/reality-mirrors-art-real+life-superhero-civil-war-goes-down-in-stamford-ct>io9

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
The Civil War has begun...It also seems the rift has appeared so, someone needs to tell Grayson to keep it in his pants when he meets Jubilee. At least for the first date anyway.

laryri

May 19, 2008
Wonder if this was intentional or if it is just that big a coincidence.

Feb 13, 2008
Well, Pamela Irving is a red head and we know how Spidey (and Stan Lee) loves his red-heads. Maybe Cap thought he was talking about a Red Skull?

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
This is what happens when they don't have The Thing around to be the voice of reason.

twm1709

Nov 19, 2009
meh, this is quite common really. I bet some villain coerced them into fighting each other for a while. I'm sure they teamed up and saved the day shortly after.

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
'...then a man dressed as Sub-Zero walked up to a woman dressed like Cammy and challenged her to 'mortal kombat'. The man dressed as Sub-Zero seemed to be throwing ice shards stord in his outfit at the woman while she kept kicking his legs in a rather ridiculous manner. It looked like the man dressed as Sub-Zero was going to win when a man in a pink gi yelled ou about how unfair it was for him to not be included. A small girl in a similar outfit kicked him in the head and taunted at him. The two then proceeded to taunt each other continually. The fight was broken up when Batman and Iron Man showed up. Deadpool was reported to have been seen in the background. Be warned that Deadpool is armed and dangerous and wanted in 47 48 uh... 48 states.'

On a less random note, that was rather cool and sad at the same time.

cWg | Konka

Feb 9, 2010
reminds me of the time me and my friends where dress as goku, vegeta and krillin from dbz we ended up having a brawl with superman, batman and some ninja turtles was really fun :)