Marvel "Moving Forward" on The Inhumans Movie

CrazyBlaze

Jul 12, 2011
DrunkenElfMage said:
I find this news to be oddly non exciting.

Its another bullshit way of avoiding a way to make another female Superhero movie. The characters don't seem that interesting; LockJaw seems like Marvels lazy attempt to bring another Rocket Raccoon character into the mix.

I am so sick of white guy lead super hero movies.
Well considering both Black Bolt and Lockjaw don't talk and Black Bolt usually just sits on his throne looking menacing I would think they would make Medusa, his wife, the lead (hopefully)

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
Mcoffey said:
According to Devin Faraci, a movie journalist who's usually very on the ball Marvel-wise, it was present in the latest draft of the script. He mentions it in this article:
http://badassdigest.com/2014/08/04/why-does-marvel-keep-blowing-it-with-female-superhero-movies/
The worst part is that I know they are considering it. I have information about multiple drafts of Avengers: Age of Ultron, and all feature a cameo by a character the script calls Ms. Marvel (nothing else, including civilian name or basic look, is specified). It's a cameo, so it could change at any time, but the character is planned for the Marvel Cinematic Universe. This is a fact. Is Feige really waiting to announce a Captain/Ms. Marvel movie until this cameo is seen? I honestly don't get it - it's a sort of Mystery Box thing that feels unlike Marvel in general. Maybe they've already cut her from the film? The latest draft of which I'm aware was written just prior to shooting, and Ms. Marvel was still in it. That's the last bit of info I have.

I guess it wasn't as concrete as I remembered, but it still seems very likely, considering what info we have, and considering Joss Whedon's own history with strong female characters. I think he'd want to get her out there sooner, rather than later. Although the whole thing is still Kevin Feige's baby. He gets final say one way or another.
Thanks for the link and info! While not official by any means, it certainly seems promising. I guess at the latest we'll find out in nine months.

Apr 17, 2009
CaptainMarvelous said:
Vin Diesel as Black Bolt.
Going from only loaning his voice, to only loaning his body.
Also avoids the problem of if they meet and sound similar.
Also I can totally believe Vin Diesel's voice could level cities. If it were any lower and gravellier it would be the hidden kingdom of the mole-people

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Not sure Im totally behind you on that whole 'Black Bolt is the most well known'. Within the comics, Black Bolt is a super boring character, who is absent most of the time, and when he isnt absent, he usually may as well be. The not talking and power levels sky high mean he's more like an ever present threat, than a character.

Which is great, because when I think of inhumans, the names which leap to mind are Medusa and Crystal, so unless they twist the content ridiculously, this will be a female led movie.