"Marvel Studios: Assembling a Universe" Recap: Let the Bullets Fly

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
"Marvel Studios: Assembling a Universe" Recap: Let the Bullets Fly

Marvel Studios takes a victory lap whilst promoting its upcoming slate of projects.

Read Full Article

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Yes! I was hoping for just this from you, so I wouldn't have to sit through that commercial myself for those few good seconds that might be in there.

Thanks, Bob! :D

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Not bad overall. I liked how the show is slowly making Deathlok more machine than man, adding body armor and glowing eyes, which has me wondering if some kind of nanotech will be introduced, making free will even harder to bring out even with the live feed and explosive device planted in his eyesocket. Wanda's toned-down outfit makes a bit more sense than her more flamboyant uniform, which quite possibly could be a Stark creation later on, what with his fondness for women and the color red. I suspect the film creators were looking at her gypsy roots when they designed her outfit. I'll wait and see what I think about Quicksilver. I wasn't all that impressed with the DoFP concept and this one seems a bit closer to the original, although still not albino. I still have not seen all of the 1 shots. I should take an hour or two out and pop my blu rays in sometime to check those out.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
SirBryghtside said:
Out of interest, how spoilery is this? It sounds interesting, but I don't want to watch it if there's too much footage from upcoming stuff outside of what's in the trailers.
It's not terribly. Though they do let the Cap2 footage run a bit longer than I had expected. So I get the plot of the movie more now, but still feel like having it pan out in front of me would have been better.

Nothing special from GotG and nothing but concept art from AoU, so barring the Cap2 stuff (which is still minimal in the sense of things) it's a good watch.

Also, I don't understand the dislike or whatever against this Scarlet Witch costume. I love it. Hell, it's so much better than the actual comic outfit, in my eyes. I never was one for spandex and lingerie on superheroes though...

Catface Meowmers

Bless My Nippers!
Aug 29, 2010
"This would be The HulkBuster, an Iron Man armor built specifically to fight The Hulk. Apparently the Science Bros. will not be remaining on entirely friendly terms in this one."

I think it's more likely that Ultron takes over a couple of Tony's spare suits. This way we can see some cool "Iron Man" vs. different Avengers moments.

PirateRose

Aug 13, 2008
The Black Widow rumors seem to be dying out, however, Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel movie is on the rise. If the Captain Marvel rumors turn out to be true, prepare for a real shitstorm.

Fans are going to throw a fit if it's Carol Danvers. Either because Monica Rambeau was the first female Captain Marvel and she'd make for better diversity for the Marvel movieverse, or because a bunch of men want another white straight dude, Mar-Vell was the first.

Fans are going to throw a fit it's Rambeau.

Fans are going to throw a fit it's Mar-Vell.

Honestly, if they can find a way to fit all three into the movie that'd be real cool. But with the demands for a female lead, the potential to rub it in DC's face for not doing a solo Wonder Woman flick, and the fact blonde white women still reign in hollywood, my bets are Rambeau won't exist and Mar-Vell will make some minor appearance, in all his alien Kree glory, just to end up passing his powers on to Carol Danvers.

Or you know, they could cast a women of color as Carol Danvers and cover two of their bases. Now there's an idea. Still a but of shitstorm brewing with that one though.

Ultimately, it will probably all be put into one of the Netflix things and not an actually movie.

CelestDaer

Mar 25, 2013
PirateRose said:
Fans are going to throw a fit if it's Carol Danvers.

Fans are going to throw a fit it's Rambeau.

Fans are going to throw a fit it's Mar-Vell.
So, what you're telling me, is that fans are going to throw a fit? And this is why Hollywood doesn't cater directly to the fans, they'll do the comic book movies, but they can't be assed to follow continuity, because it'll just start a war over whether they did the continuity right.

marscentral

Where's the Kaboom?
Dec 26, 2009
I don't think letting on who the Winter Soldier is is that much of a spoiler since anyone can google the original story and know. So it was never going to be the big reveal it was in the comics.

Jeroenr

Nov 20, 2013
It was enjoyable enough to watch, But it was just like any "making of" TV special.
Some movie shots, some behind the scenes shots and some scripted and heavily edited one on one interviews of the cast.
Folowed by some teasers.

Next week, a S.H.I.E.L.D. episode?

I do like the show, but they do need some regularity in airing.
The first half of the season this went just fine.
I get the 2 weeks break around the holydays.
Then just 2 more episodes then the Olympics.
The break during the olympics i get as well but..., why 4 weeks?
Then 2 episodes and a other gap of 2 weeks, one used by this marvel special.

If production is slow, i'm cool with an every other week schedule, but this some what random schedule is just annoying.

Caffeine_Bombed

Feb 13, 2012
Catface Meowmers said:
"This would be The HulkBuster, an Iron Man armor built specifically to fight The Hulk. Apparently the Science Bros. will not be remaining on entirely friendly terms in this one."

I think it's more likely that Ultron takes over a couple of Tony's spare suits. This way we can see some cool "Iron Man" vs. different Avengers moments.
Yeah, I'm with you on that. Wasn't the teaser/name reveal an shot of Ultron's head warping into an Iron Man mask? What I'll be interested in finding out is how the Hulk Buster suit comes about. Does Stark create it in secret "just in case" or will it be something Banner himself wants making?

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
I really lost interest in the SHIELD tv show round about episode 8. Though some of that could be all the waiting between episodes, prefer to watch them all in one go. So will be giving it a second go when its released on DVD. Im looking forward to all the Marvel movies, an im not even a big comic fan. Even characters like Thor and Cap America have one me over in how well done they were. With the art work with Hulkbuster armour, i wonder if that will lead to a WWH hulk movie at some point in the future. Though i dont think we will get a great Hulk movie until we get the smarter hulk that can talk and thus can build a proper story around him. Though i enjoyed the Ang Lee Hulk movie better than the other one, maybe Joss Wheden can help with that as The Avengers movie Hulk was awesome.