Marvel: The Avengers Game Will Come When Right Developer Found

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
"Gamers, they know better. They're not going to flock to something that's sub-par."
Ok then, give it to Platinum or Rocksteady, and make something that will be remembered for years much like Arkham Asylum... and make it coop...

And if Platinum has the go, make sure Maniac Agenda does the music again... I want Rules of Nature to play every Hulk QTE.
-How to sell video games, 2014.

vid87

May 17, 2010
Or they could just make Ultimate Alliance 3 or a version thereof. I loved the first one - the voice-acting is incredibly high-caliber and the story, though not all-in-all particularly insightful or deep, weaves so well throughout the entire Marvel universe and sets things up in a way that, for that universe, makes sense that I almost wish it were canon in the comics.

Little Duck

Diving Space Muffin
Oct 22, 2009
AndrewC said:
Rocksteady could easily pull this off - only developer for YEARS that has any idea at all how to approach a superhero game.

*laughs at Beenox in the corner* - points for trying guys but you've failed like just about everyone else.
Nnnnnope.

Rocksteady is not the right developer for this hypothetical game. We're dealing with multiple characters in an action universe telling a story. Batman isn't that it's one perspective in an action heavy game with some storyline, which is good, but the one perspective messes it up (yes I know you can play other charters but they're generally not as fleshed out).

We need someone who has done action rpg, with this multiple perspective. Gearbox (developers of borderlands) could be a good one, if they could do story a bit better (which I think the D&D dlc showed they could). Rockstar would be a nice one (though they never would).

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
So, maybe Omega Force of Warriors Orochi / Toukiden fame could work on it. Well, as long as it's a one-off and not a near-yearly rerelease.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Avengers could work like MARVEL: Ultimate Alliance. So, Raven Software could pull it off. A third person action/adventure game would be too hard and too expensive to pull off and be good. You'd have to make the gameplay completely different for every single character in the Avengers roster. You couldn't have the same gameplay elements for Iron Man and Thor for example, or Black Widow.

Anyways, this is one game where having the voice actors from the MCU would be of huge importance. I want my Black Widow voiced by the lovely Scarlett Johansson.

deathbydeath

Jun 28, 2010
AndrewC said:
Rocksteady could easily pull this off - only developer for YEARS that has any idea at all how to approach a superhero game.

*laughs at Beenox in the corner* - points for trying guys but you've failed like just about everyone else.
Tt Games (of Lego fame) would object to that. Also whoever did Spider Man 2.

Also if Irrational was still a thing I'd love to see a Freedom Force-esque Marvel game (not the Avengers MCU because turning that into Baldur's Gate would be too niche in theory).

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
You see, Activision could do this. But they just decide not to and fuck up the movie tie in games. They have the guys that can easily pull this off, we have seen many Activision games that stick true to the lore they are basing it off (Transformers WFC/FOC anyone? Admittedly this was High Moon Studio's but Activiosn played a part in it to)

Ubisoft could pull this off if they keep Uplay out of it.

Square Enix maybe,if u want over the top and fun, look no further than Just Cause 2...

Hell, i'd even trust EA if they got the right guy to do it. People may give them a lot of flak but they have produced some pretty awesome games in there time.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Just because Rocksteady does a good Batman game does not mean they've the talent for ALL superhero games and types. C'mon folks, we should at least think a little bit more critically about these things. Doing an Avengers game and not making it suck is no small task. You have different powersets, plus the Hulk. With the Hulk, you HAVE to be able to wreck cityscapes and such, and that takes a lot of code to do right by, and thats just one guy...

Rituro

Critwrencha
Sep 18, 2008
Were it me, I'd say give it to (in descending order):
[li]Ubisoft[/li]
[li]Bioware[/li]
[li]Rocksteady[/li]
[li]Obsidian[/li]
[li]Bungie[/li]
[li]Blizzard[/li]
[li]Capcom[/li]

HannesPascal

Mar 1, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
AndrewC said:
I can't wait to see Hulk forced to dodge punches from average mooks to avoid dying. Or do the whole "predator cam" thing.

HULK STEALTH!
How would this not be awesome. Imagine Hulk crouching yet being twice as tall as anyone else sneaking up on a guy and then bashing him like Loki in the end of avengers as a silent takedown, and then jumping up on a gargoyle.

jelock

Nov 29, 2009
How about Irrational? Could be a Freedom Force style RPG (unfortunately that wouldn't be seen as guaranteed money so not likely)

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
HannesPascal said:
How would this not be awesome. Imagine Hulk crouching yet being twice as tall as anyone else sneaking up on a guy and then bashing him like Loki in the end of avengers as a silent takedown, and then jumping up on a gargoyle.
Actually, you know what? You just sold me on it.

Someone make this. NAO.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
This sounds like a quote by a guy who had nothing to do with this thing:

That aside, an Avengers game doesn't NEED to be triple A. It doesn't have to be on par with the games Sega used to made for Marvel flicks (up until they were told to stop). As much as I enjoyed X-Men Legends and, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, nobody would tell you (with a straight face) that any games from those series were meant to have been triple-A. I don't want to encourage reboots but a new Ultimate Alliance would probably excite a whole lot more people than a game based off of The Avengers movies. Well, maybe...I'd rather have a new Ultimate Alliance anyway...

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
What's with this respect? It's almost as if we're treated like people. It's weird.

Cybylt

Aug 13, 2009
What about Vigil? They were going along a pretty good track of mixing rpg and action building up to a big co-op adventure title before their owner got shut down. Just get rid of the Diablo loot and leveling systems they added in Darksiders 2 because that's just about the worst form of any progression system and you got something pretty solid to start with. Not sure who owns them these days assuming they're still together at all.

Alternatively, give it to Platinum or Itsuno at Capcom who can make things a lot like Platinum without getting carried away as much.

jelock said:
How about Irrational? Could be a Freedom Force style RPG (unfortunately that wouldn't be seen as guaranteed money so not likely)
They shut down last month.

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
I wouldn't turn my nose up at an InFamous/Prototype style mission based sandbox game.

Give me a hub HQ (The Triskellion or Avengers Tower) where I can level up my powers or swap characters. Design missions in such a way that each Avenger's play style is viable to complete the stage. Maybe offer some character specific side missions as tutorials for each character. Sprinkle liberally with recognizable Marvel villains and serve hot.

Doesn't even need to tie in directly to the films.

Dr. Doom raids the various Supervillain prisons, lets loose every wackadoo from
Aardwolf to Zzzax and sets them loose on the city...because...nefarious plot that needs a major distraction.

Oh crap better get the Avengers in here to clean up!

Add a coop "heroes v villains" deathmatch mode and I think you covered all the bases.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Zira said:
Denamic said:
What's with this respect? It's almost as if we're treated like people. It's weird.
We give them a lot more money than moviegoers and such... you really think gamers don't command respect?
Not if you look at how EA does DLC.