Marvel Tries to Steal VW's Thunder With New Thor Ad

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
There sure are a lot of little easter eggs. I think they've all been pointed out, but I'll double check.

0:08 Loki dog bowl
0:15 Thor Action Figure
0:22 Stark Industries Mug
0:26 A5G 4RD License Plate
0:45 (Throwback and possible coincidence)Red Truck - Used at times in the 60's by the X-Men

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Podunk said:
Do you think anyone watched this and thought, 'wow, now I really want to go see that Thor movie'? Ever?
I think that wasn't the actual point of this in that way. It's more of a here's a way to remember we have a movie coming out kind of thing.

Apollo45

Jan 30, 2011
Hell, I thought it was pretty good. Blatant ripoff, sure, but a funny blatant ripoff. It's not like they're stealing any business from VW, so who cares?

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
Both are pretty damn awesome, but Thor I think takes the cake. You think it's a carbon copy of the Vader one, then....

I thought the Little Vader one was cuter, though.

Corpse XxX

Jan 19, 2009
I think the VW commercial had tons more charm than this one.. Though this was not a bad commercial it cannot measure up to the Darth Vader one.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
couldn't help but think that costume is pretty damn good.

lol end. I did expect that tho :(

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
I think it beats the opther because of the surprise in the end. Though I half expected Odin to actually pop out of the car as the father...

Enrathi

Aug 10, 2009
ravenshrike said:
Neither of his parents are blond. At all. Not even a dirty blond. So either the kid's adopted or that's not his dad.
Recessive genes.

jerrrry

I Miss Doraleous.
Oct 26, 2009
I thought that commercial was pretty funny. Great payoff, and ya the little things were great, like the dog, the license plate, and I liked the grill falling from the sky behind the kid at the very end.

UnknownGunslinger

Jan 29, 2011
To be honest the Vader ad was much cuter :) Oh well I could be biased. I remember my days as a young Vader running amok around the neighborhood with a red glowing stick :D

Bomberman4000

Jun 23, 2010
I liked the Vader one better myself. I don't know if it's because I saw the commercial first and didn't know what to expect, or that by the title I knew what to expect here and could see the ending coming, I dunno.

Also, just a personal opinion here, i've never been a fan of Thor (mainly because I've never bothered to read much about him or play as him in any games he's featured in) so Darth Vader > Thor.

It's funny how some people call it a rip-off, some call it a tribute, some call it paying homage, some call it a copy. I just like how so many words can essentially mean the same thing but have completely different connotations to them.

/writing nerd.

Sorry.